MQTT Gateway + wi-fi instead of ethernet

• Hello!
    Can somebody already did MQTT Gateway with wi-fi instead of ethernet? Is this possible? Please share your code and circuit.

• @vladimir Can you put more details, like the gateway will be running on a Rpi or arduino.

If its a Rpi, then I have not tried yet, but for arduino, the overhead of adding a wifi shield and configuring it will be too much.
    one way is to use a arduino YUN board which has inbuilt wifi and libraries. Or best go ahead with ethernet.

I gave up personally the wifi after trying a lot. If you come out with the solution do share, I would also love to have a look.

• Code Contributor

Did you try using the esp8266 module ? I think it could be possible to build a gateway with it, I'm waiting mine to arrive to test it out.

Although it should not be too difficult to make the MQTT Gateway with WiFi work on hardware and software level it is a bad idea on system level:

WiFi and MySensensor NRF24L01+ use the same 2.4 GHz band and with the antennas close a transmit from one will block the other and vice-versa.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics