Sensebender with RFM69

• Admin

Got my converter boards for RFM69 -> NRF24 footprint in from Dirty pcb's today, and it seems that the sensebender has accepted it's new friend..

However, the GW that I have set up, doesn't receive anything (they are within 5cm of each other). So I have to do some good old hardware debugging (on both sides)..

0_1455650297562_sensebender-rfm69.jpg

0_1455650313257_rfm69.jpg

• Would you care to share schematics?

• Admin

@Igor-Katkov

The design is available on openhardware https://www.openhardware.io/view/16/NRF2RFM69

• Well i don't know wich RFM69 you use but i have here a few moteino's and also toy-ing with them i had similar problem no data exchange possible between the two moteino's. whatever i try no connection was builtup. i even unsolder a rfm69HW on the GW and replaced it.. it communicates??? So conclusion bad RFM69 Throw away.. and test further. After a few days again same problem. Now it was on the breadboard so replacing was easy. Same as before (replace and works).
    Then i loaded up the moteino test program in the sensornode and the GW with the non working RFM69 .... Works like a charm??? switch back to Mysensors works again.. I Can't remeber anymore what i did but you have to look at the code n the utility folder the rfm69.cpp file in the initializer. when there is no encryption (NULL) the encryption string is not written.. so ones it's filled in you can't clear it. I suspect that the problem relies there..
    regards, Stefan.

• Admin

@stedew

Thanks for the info. My problem was much simpler, as I hadn't defined the right interrupt pin in the software that the rfm69 was connected to.

So after setting this, I had communication up and running.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics