Gateway questions....

• I have a few questions about gateways that I haven't managed to find answers to.

1. What is "inclusion mode"?

2. I'm running an MQTT Gateway on an ESP8266. It seems to be running fine and communicating with my Humidity sensor. However, I had to hardcode the MY_NODE_ID on the sensor. Does the MQTT ESP8266 gateway sketch not support automatic allocation of node ids?

Thanks all!

• Clarification: I'm using the MQTT ESP8266 Client gateway sketch with an external MQTT broker running on a Pi.

Not sure why it doesn't support allocation of node ids....

• Admin

"Inclusion mode" is a feature for allowing the gateway to have a physical button controlling weather new devices should be allowed to be added or not.

But it's really the controller that decides what to to when new nodes present themselves. It can respect inclusion mode status or just ignore it (always adding new nodes). Presentation messages is always passed along to the controller even when inclusion mode is disabled.

Regarding id... It's always the controller that hands out ids. In the case of MQTT I guess you have to setup a rule answering those requests yourself if your controller doesn't support it..

• Thanks for the explanation of inclusion mode. Much appreciated.

I thought some of the gateway sketches did allocate node id's....but that for some reason the MQTT Client gateway didn't.

No big deal....I don't want to use a 3rd party controller, so will just hard code the id's for now.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics