#include <MySensors.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

void setup() {
    // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
    // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

So this sketch is "empty" and when is loading on Arduino Uno + NRF24, I've received packets from this setup on my RFLink !! (checked with RFLinkLoader)
    (My RFLink setup is Firmware R47 and setRF433=ON;setNodoNRF=OFF;setMilight=OFF;setLivingColors=OFF;setAnsluta=OFF;setGPIO=OFF;setBLE=OFF;setMysensors=ON;)
    Packets looks like :
    20;09;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1cffffff020307ff;
    20;0A;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1dffffff020307ff;
    20;0B;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1effffff020307ff;
    20;0C;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1fffffff020307ff;
    20;0D;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1cffffff020307ff;
    20;0E;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1dffffff020307ff;
    20;0F;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1effffff020307ff;

So how it is possible ? What is the meaning of these packets ?

Thanks for your feedback

Chris.

• Mod

Could it be some noise? How far are from each other?

• I think it is not noise, I've tried with 10meters between my RFLink and Arduino+NRF24 and same packets received on RFLink

• Furthermore I did not change MyConfig.h and some others files in MySensors (no DEBUG etc..), I'm using MySensors V2.1.1
    I'm using RF24 lib from TMRh20 version 1.3.0

Thanks

• Same here:
    20;76;MySensors;ID=03;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1d0303ff020307ff;

This is a DHT22 sending temp en hum. It worked on a mysensors gateway, but is see these logs when I try to read it with the RFlink. (Firmware 46 & 47)

• @yos2000 said in Strange behaviour with mysensors + RFLink:

Same here:
    20;76;MySensors;ID=03;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1d0303ff020307ff;

This is a DHT22 sending temp en hum. It worked on a mysensors gateway, but is see these logs when I try to read it with the RFlink. (Firmware 46 & 47)

Thx for your reply
    In your sketch to manage the DHT22 you have send(msg...) to transmit temp/hum ?
    In my case there is nothing in setup() and loop(), if I remove "#include <MySensors.h>" in my sketch there is not packet receive in RFLink. The behaviour seems to come from MySensors library which send itself some packets !

• Mod

Mysensors has some "service" traffic maybe it is what you are seeing (I am not into RF su I don't know how to read the debug messages you get)

• @gohan said in Strange behaviour with mysensors + RFLink:

Mysensors has some "service" traffic maybe it is what you are seeing (I am not into RF su I don't know how to read the debug messages you get)

Thanks gohan, very Interesting, if you have more information about that (how to deactivate it etc..), it should be great 😉

• It's probabley a request to find parent (t=07)

• @Fabien

Thanks for feedback,

I'm not an expert, I just want to know if is it normal behavior to have packets send by mysensors lib in empty project ?

Thanks for your clarification
    Chris

• Mod

@knop maybe it is your neighbour node? or a node you forgot somewhere? 😄

• Good remark 🙂

But I've checked this point ;-), I've disconnected one wire of my NRF24L01 and no more packets received on RFLink 😉

• @knop With an empty sketch, you have some packets from node to find parent (gateway).

• Hi,
    Little update. So I need as you said a serial gateway. The question is : does rflink is equivalent to mysensors gateway ?
    If not i need to build a serial gw and connect it on usb port of my raspberry and declare it on domoticz interface. If yes how to configure domoticz to manage rflink + others protocol ? (Declare 2 gateways (rflink and traditionnal gw) on same usb port?
    Thanks for your help.
    Chris

• Hardware Contributor

@knop
    RFLink is not equivalent to a MySensors gw, and won't be. You should better use a MySensors gw.
    Else i would wish them good luck to handle the full Mysensors lib (and updates), plus some others protocol, without loosing packets etc..

I don't use a RFLink, but what I'm pretty sure is, actually, :

• it can only receive MySensors nodes, as RFLink is sort of sniffer. It can't be a part of the MySensors network, with id etc, so it can't send commands to MySensors nodes.
    • If MySensors encryption is enabled, or also signing, then it would become even more difficult for the RFLink to listen something (its basic task)
    • especially, because RFLink doesn't use MySensors GW code. Make sense it just sniff/listen.

When using a MySensors GW, you can also benefit:

• sending commands of course
    • the full MySensors protocol and features
    • MySensors library updates
    • controllers (like domoticz etc.) have dedicated plugins for using MySensors, which make this even more friendly to use compared to a generic sniffer (because the plugin is customized for MySensors features)

I'm pretty sure there are others relevant point, but I hope this clarifies 🙂

• And with RFLink, you can only use 2.4GHz frequency. It doesn't work with RFM69.
    Actually I have a MySensors Gateway and a RFLink (not for the same usage)

• Ok thanks you guys, I will try to make a Serial GW with Arduino Uno + NRF24L01
    And to connect this GW to my Raspberry Pi3.
    But I very disappointed about RFLink, and do not understand why there is an option "MySensors" on it !

Thanks again for clarifications.

Chris

• Mod

You can connect nrf24 directly on the rpi, there is no need for the UNO

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics