IKEA UTRUSTA

• Hi I just noticed that IKEA UTRUSTA is running 2,4GHz - 2,4835 GHz - just wondering if anyone have played with mysensors to control such an IKEA device if it's possible at all?

ikea_remote.PNG
    IKEA_LED_PS.PNG

• A few websites state this things are 433mhz, ikea itself states it is 2,4ghz. Would be interesting to crack open one of these things. 🙂

• is the wireless reciever simply an on off switch?

• Mod

@bjacobse According to this guy it contains a TI CC2500 transciever and MSP430G2221 microcontroller.
    This guy claims it suffers from WiFi interference.

• ANSLUTA:
    This remote control has a maximum range of 19.5 ft. when not blocked by walls and batteries are fully charged.
    Frequency range: 2400 MHz ~ 2483.5 MHz.

UTRUSTA:
    is the old could be 433MHz and is obsolete from production

• @Yveaux Hi ! I'm the guy from AlsaGeek. I confirm, CC2500 2.4GHz transceiver + MSP430G2221 microcontroler.

CC2500 is a transmitter on the remote but it can work on both direction ! You can have a remote control that receive information.

The MSP430 is programmable !!! You have 4 pins on the PCB (GND, VCC, RESET, TEST) and you can reprogram the remote control with MSP-EXP430G2 lauchpad kit. It works !

But... MSP430G2221 only have 128 bytes of RAM. The CC2500 driver use a full duplex 64 bytes buffer, so it will not work. I made it work by reducing the buffer to 4 or 5 bytes ! Pretty small, but it works ! 😉

I'm working on a "HowTo".

Of course, you can change the MSP430 and put a bigger one. And of course, you can remove the MSP430 and connect an Arduino or any other SPI capable microcontroler.

Have fun !
    Frederic from AlsaGeek, France.

• @Blob Nice work, how is the how to guide going? I'm very interested to implement the IKEA Utrusta lighting in my home automation setup.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.