Arduino UNO + serial gateway

• Hi, it is my first post in forum.

I have a raspberryPi 2 and an arduino UNO with a relay module. I am a newbie with arudino, but I am a developer with more 10 years experience.

I want to connect raspberryPi to arduino using just a USB serial cable. My intention is automate house like turn on/off lights, to open gates and in the future, measure consumption of water and energy.

I downloaded the libraries from MySensors, and I am using serial gateway. I compiled and did upload to arduino, but when I check a serial monitor, the output is:

0;0;3;0;9;check wires

I do not know what is this problem. Someone can help me ?

• Admin

It means that your radio isn't connected correctly to the Arduino.

• I don't have radio. Because this, I just want to use serial usb.

• Admin

Then you must use the development branch.

• Thanks for information. I downloaded the development branch, but the SerialGateway is "empty". Is it correct ? The version 1.5 is compatible ?

• If you mean that there is no code in setup{} or loop{} then yes, that is correct.
    The new development branch code works differently.

• How can I take some sample to create a relay actuator using the development version ? Do you have some documentation of this version ?

• Admin

All the examples has been converted. Among them is the RelayActuator. But instead of defining MY_RADIO_NRF24 you must enable the serial gateway by defining MY_GATEWAY_SERIAL

So basically only one little change.

• Tks Hek!

I changed the source, but now I do not compile the code.

Do you know what is that ?

MyGatewayTransport.cpp:In function 'void gatewayTransportProcess()
    MyGatewayTransport.cpp:54:16: error: cannot resolve overloaded function 'receive' based on conversion to type 'bool
    :if (receive) {
    Error compiling project sources

I am using RelayActuator.

• Admin

Just tried it here and I'm not getting any errors here when compiling.. You must be doing something wrong.

• @hek said:

MY_GATEWAY_SERIAL

Hi @hek!

Do you know if the feature - MY_GATEWAY_SERIAL - it is in 1.5 version ? Or jut in development ?

• Admin

It is a development branch define.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics