Doubt of components to my project

• Hi guys!

Today I have 1 arduino Uno connected to my RaspberryPi 2 by serial cable. This arduino controls 2 relays for on and off lights of my house. I am using Pidome to manage the system's house.

Now I want to buy another arduino, to put outside a make some new controls:

• Turn on/off lights in garden - 1 relay;
    • Turn on/off light in garage - 1 relay;
    • Turn on/off light in wall - 1 relay;
    • Open/Close garage gate - 1 relay;
    • 1 temperature sensor;
    • 1 sensor for measuring power consumption;

I think about 1 arduino nano to control this things.

Now my doubt: I think the best option to connect both arduinos X Raspberry is a radio control. I beleive can put a serial gateway with radio in my Uno, connect via USB in my Raspberry, and I put another radio nano - sensor. I believe that the nano and uno can comunicate. Am I correct ? Is it the best choice ? Anybody have another idea ?

I wait few comments.

Thank you

Eduardo

• Contest Winner

@erangel I think the thing you want to achieve is exactly what MySensors does for you. Also have a look at Domoticz or any of the other Home Automation software that's on this forum. Home Automation is a necessity when you want to control light or other devices.

Concerning the hardware it depends on personal choices. I'd prefer the ProMini's above a Nano. Much cheaper than a Nano.

• Hi Theol

, I am testing Domoticz... My problem now it is the status of lamp, it is inverse - when the lamp is on, in Domoticz show off, and vise-versa.

This week, I will buy the components of arduino, and I will check about the ProMini. I understand my thought now it is correct. ok ?

Regards,
    Eduardo

• Mod

@erangel are you using the standard relay sketch?

If so, switch
    #define RELAY_ON 1
    #define RELAY_OFF 0
    to
    #define RELAY_ON 0
    #define RELAY_OFF 1

• Thnak you @mfalkvidd !

It works!

• Mod

Great! Thanks for reporting back.

Suggested Topics

Users