#include <MySensors.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

void setup() {
    // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
    // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

So this sketch is "empty" and when is loading on Arduino Uno + NRF24, I've received packets from this setup on my RFLink !! (checked with RFLinkLoader)
    (My RFLink setup is Firmware R47 and setRF433=ON;setNodoNRF=OFF;setMilight=OFF;setLivingColors=OFF;setAnsluta=OFF;setGPIO=OFF;setBLE=OFF;setMysensors=ON;)
    Packets looks like :
    20;09;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1cffffff020307ff;
    20;0A;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1dffffff020307ff;
    20;0B;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1effffff020307ff;
    20;0C;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1fffffff020307ff;
    20;0D;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1cffffff020307ff;
    20;0E;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1dffffff020307ff;
    20;0F;MySensors;ID=FF;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1effffff020307ff;

So how it is possible ? What is the meaning of these packets ?

Thanks for your feedback

Chris.

• Mod

Could it be some noise? How far are from each other?

• I think it is not noise, I've tried with 10meters between my RFLink and Arduino+NRF24 and same packets received on RFLink

• Furthermore I did not change MyConfig.h and some others files in MySensors (no DEBUG etc..), I'm using MySensors V2.1.1
    I'm using RF24 lib from TMRh20 version 1.3.0

Thanks

• Same here:
    20;76;MySensors;ID=03;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1d0303ff020307ff;

This is a DHT22 sending temp en hum. It worked on a mysensors gateway, but is see these logs when I try to read it with the RFlink. (Firmware 46 & 47)

• @yos2000 said in Strange behaviour with mysensors + RFLink:

Same here:
    20;76;MySensors;ID=03;Len=00;pltype=00;t=07;s=FF;DEBUG=ff1d0303ff020307ff;

This is a DHT22 sending temp en hum. It worked on a mysensors gateway, but is see these logs when I try to read it with the RFlink. (Firmware 46 & 47)

Thx for your reply
    In your sketch to manage the DHT22 you have send(msg...) to transmit temp/hum ?
    In my case there is nothing in setup() and loop(), if I remove "#include <MySensors.h>" in my sketch there is not packet receive in RFLink. The behaviour seems to come from MySensors library which send itself some packets !

• Mod

Mysensors has some "service" traffic maybe it is what you are seeing (I am not into RF su I don't know how to read the debug messages you get)

• @gohan said in Strange behaviour with mysensors + RFLink:

Mysensors has some "service" traffic maybe it is what you are seeing (I am not into RF su I don't know how to read the debug messages you get)

Thanks gohan, very Interesting, if you have more information about that (how to deactivate it etc..), it should be great ;-)

• It's probabley a request to find parent (t=07)

• @Fabien

Thanks for feedback,

I'm not an expert, I just want to know if is it normal behavior to have packets send by mysensors lib in empty project ?

Thanks for your clarification
    Chris

• Mod

@knop maybe it is your neighbour node? or a node you forgot somewhere? :D

• Good remark :-)

But I've checked this point ;-), I've disconnected one wire of my NRF24L01 and no more packets received on RFLink ;-)

• @knop With an empty sketch, you have some packets from node to find parent (gateway).

• Hi,
    Little update. So I need as you said a serial gateway. The question is : does rflink is equivalent to mysensors gateway ?
    If not i need to build a serial gw and connect it on usb port of my raspberry and declare it on domoticz interface. If yes how to configure domoticz to manage rflink + others protocol ? (Declare 2 gateways (rflink and traditionnal gw) on same usb port?
    Thanks for your help.
    Chris

• Hardware Contributor

@knop
    RFLink is not equivalent to a MySensors gw, and won't be. You should better use a MySensors gw.
    Else i would wish them good luck to handle the full Mysensors lib (and updates), plus some others protocol, without loosing packets etc..

I don't use a RFLink, but what I'm pretty sure is, actually, :

• it can only receive MySensors nodes, as RFLink is sort of sniffer. It can't be a part of the MySensors network, with id etc, so it can't send commands to MySensors nodes.
    • If MySensors encryption is enabled, or also signing, then it would become even more difficult for the RFLink to listen something (its basic task)
    • especially, because RFLink doesn't use MySensors GW code. Make sense it just sniff/listen.

When using a MySensors GW, you can also benefit:

• sending commands of course
    • the full MySensors protocol and features
    • MySensors library updates
    • controllers (like domoticz etc.) have dedicated plugins for using MySensors, which make this even more friendly to use compared to a generic sniffer (because the plugin is customized for MySensors features)

I'm pretty sure there are others relevant point, but I hope this clarifies :)

• And with RFLink, you can only use 2.4GHz frequency. It doesn't work with RFM69.
    Actually I have a MySensors Gateway and a RFLink (not for the same usage)

• Ok thanks you guys, I will try to make a Serial GW with Arduino Uno + NRF24L01
    And to connect this GW to my Raspberry Pi3.
    But I very disappointed about RFLink, and do not understand why there is an option "MySensors" on it !

Thanks again for clarifications.

Chris

• Mod

You can connect nrf24 directly on the rpi, there is no need for the UNO

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.