Data integrity

• I have worked my way slowly through MySensors, feeling my way through the various compromises made, but I seem to have hit a brick wall in trying to find a means to preserve data accuracy in terms of time.
    I hate the term data granularity as it seems a fancy way of saying detailed, but essentially that is what I am trying to preserve outside the Gateway/Domoticz loop... As a overview Domoticz works fine, but as a detailed analysis it is useless where utilities come in. If Domoticz can't do it fine, so long as it can be stored then it can be analysed elsewhere...
    I tried understanding how Node-RED could be used on the Pi3 to duplicate data feeds and took an aspirin...
    Can someone point me to a resource which enlightens me on how to save the raw data for separate analysis before Domoticz swallows it and turns it into a one hour chunk a la Gas, I would be greatly obliged..
    The Mysensors Nodes feed a pro-mini 16Mhz, running serial to a Pi3..
    Is it too bizarre to think of passing all utilities to a dedicated gateway which agglomerates and passes on the data to suit Domoticz, yet stashes the time-based data on say a NAT?
    Any guidance would be much appreciated...

• Mod

• Mod

If you have a rpi3 you could attach the radio directly on the rpi and compile an ethernet/mqtt gateway, then you can use the node-red nodes mentioned above and create a flow to save the data on the database you prefer: there are plenty of tutorials both on web and YouTube on saving to databases. I'd prefer node-red because it is very easy to change the flow to save to a different database (or even save on multiple databases at same time)

• @mfalkvidd Thank you for that synopsis. I had already looked at most of these threads, but did not focus on them too much as have no experience using node-red, even though familiar with it's history. Node-red is pre-installed on the Pi3, so guess I should try getting to grips with it.

@gohan I had already considered using a dedicated Pi3/HDD to handle and locally store time based utility consumption (water, power, gas), as this would avoid interfering with the existing arrangement or performance until switching over and reprogramming the utility nodes. That way, an entirely separate control system/methodology could be deployed, again, node-red seems the recommendation.
    I had not thought on direct attaching the radio as have an unused Sensebender Gateway (yet to identify why the RFM69 isn't playing nice), but I guess it makes sense and I have both the W and CW chips sitting idle...

Cheers, time to do some re-reading...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics