How to publish projects build on top of MySensors (library)

• Hardware Contributor

I love this project/library and I am currently building some sensors for myself. To do this I am designing hardware (pcbs) and writing software (on top of the mysensors library and example sketches mostly). I love to share my work with others (mainly because I every time I solved some problem I think someone else might have the same one^^, and I am always happy to find existing solutions for my own problems). So I thought about uploading the arduino sketches (+ my pcbs but that doesn't really matter here I guess) to github.
    Now my question is about licences/copyrights/whatever... what do I have to do if I want to share my code? Is it enough to just mention the project + a link to this page? What kind of licence would you guys use?
    I am thinking about CC...

• Admin

CC seems to be a good choice if you want other makers to build upon on your stuff.

Found this short guide: http://www.inmojo.com/licenses/

• Hardware Contributor

I would like to do the same for the boards we make. There is a topic on boards compatible with MySensors, but it does not seem to update.

• Hardware Contributor

@hek Thanks! I will have a look at that.

I think you misunderstood my main question though: what do YOU (= MySensors?) require me to put into the files so that I can publish them. I love the project and I don't want to "steal" your work.
    Is it enough to mention the project and add a link to this site, or do you prefer me pasting some kind of text... ?

• Hardware Contributor

@LastSamurai said:

I love the project and I want to "steal" your work.

😰 I just realised that I forgot the "don't" there. I fixed that.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics