UI5 Mysensors library 2.0 gateway issues

• I'm having issues with my new gateway.

I recently updated my gateway node with library version 2.0 and was successful uploading. However, it doesn't look that the device in ui5 is updating. it still shows version 1.5.1

also trying to include my new DHT11/motion node times out

0_1469389500544_1.png
    0_1469389507960_2.png

• Contest Winner

@rchamp i'm not sure about the DHT's inclucion but you're right about the wrong library version.

This version is NOT updated. If i trace down the debug i notice that the version ID string is not sent to the GW.
    Well at least not correct

0;255;3;0;9;Starting gateway (RNNGAS, 2.0.0)
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:INIT
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:RADIO:OK
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:GW MODE
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:READY
    0;255;3;0;14;Gateway startup complete.
    0;255;0;0;18;2.0.0
    0;255;3;0;9;No registration required
    0;255;3;0;9;Init complete, id=0, parent=0, distance=0, registration=1

This can be the lirbrary version number but is has 18 as internal message ID (I_HEARTBEAT)
    0;255;0;0;18;2.0.0
    While i would expect 2 (I_VERSION) so this message
    0;255;0;0;2;2.0.0

@hek or @tekka can you confirm this?

• Admin

• Plugin Developer

@BartE said:

0;255;0;0;18;2.0.0

This is a presentation message not an internal message. It's presenting the node (gateway) as a repeater, payload is library version.

• Admin

Yes, of course @martinhjelmare , you're right. It's this that kicks in:
    https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/blob/934ccf30b205afad2086c908a367c4205ce580cd/core/MySensorsCore.cpp#L285

Hmm.. Wonder why the Vera plugin isn't sending I_VERSION like it should then...

• Contest Winner

@hek andf @martinhjelmare i did some debugging this evening and came to the following findings

My previous comment on start-up behavior was based on a stand alone GW (so disconnected from the Vera Controller)
    And i found out that the Library version is NOT pushed by the gateway but requested by the controller on plugin startup.

And this part (on GW side is working) --> Sending "0;0;0;3;0;2;Get Version" to the GW is being answered with "0;255;3;0;2;2.0.0"

So it must be the Vera plugin and then i found this line in my Vera box

02      07/30/16 23:23:43.694   luup_log:64: Arduino: Incoming internal command '0;255;3;0;2;2.0.0' discarded for child: nil <0x6c14>

So the MySensors v2.0.0 GW responses with alt-id 0;255 i.s.o 0;0
    By updating this line https://github.com/mysensors/Vera/blob/development/L_Arduino.lua#L370 by... auhm what is already in the current git version it works.

So the final conclusion: just update the Vera plugin with the development branch and it works...

• :+1:

Note. i left the plugin in place, and was able to enroll the node after some time.

I have a feeling it just took Vera / plugin longer than I expected to detect the USB serial connection to the GW.

node ID's seem to come in fine and libversion displays as 2.0.0 for the node. the 2 nodes (+ the updated GW) all appear to be running stable. if i run into another issue i will go for the development branch for the plugin

• Im on UI7 and have the same issue, on the github development all files are many many months old, the should be newer than like 8 months???

Regards,
    Jan

• Contest Winner

@stofakiller no the 8 month old files where OK for me (UI5)

• Hi, I have the same issue. I installed the plugin and serial Gateway with no apparent issues, but can't add any sensors. I have triple-checked the wiring on the sensors and gateway with no success. One thing I have notice some of the Arduino LUUP Files on Vera display the following message when you open/view them.

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

• @BartE
    Hi, my plugin still shows version 1.5 even though I am using Version 2.0, I have not been able to include a single sensor. I have created 3 of them and not one can be found by the Plugin after the Inclusion button is pressed, any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Admin

The vera plugin still has version 1.5. It does not correlate to MySensors Arduino library versions.

https://github.com/mysensors/Vera/blob/development/L_Arduino.lua#L20

Are you on UI7 or UI5?

When pressing inclusion mode button, does anything happen in the UI? (the text changes in the device to "found devices...")

• hi, I am using UI5. After pressing the Start button it indicates that "0 devices found"

• Admin

Ok, so at least you have a contact with the gateway.

After starting inclusion mode, do you restart the wireless node? It usually only sends its presentation messages during startup.

• Yes, I start by having the sensor unplugged, that right after the Start button is pressed I plug in the sensor. One thing I noticed though, is that if I go to the LUUP files and try to "view" them, som of them display the folling message:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

but if I download the same LUUP file and open it in Notepad the file is there

• Admin

Just to verify. You mean that you plug in the wireless sensor (with a radio)? Not the gateway?

If so, you should have a look in the serial log of the gateway (Serial Monitor in Arduino IDE) while it is connected to your computer. Restart the (wireless) node an capture the log.

• yes the wireless sensor with radio, not the Gateway. The gateway is plugged in on the Vera's USB port. Ok will do.
    Thanks

• @hek ok the serial monitor comes up blank, with this in the upper left corner:

"1Öyô¹¹q0"

nothing happens after the wireless sensor is powered.....

• Admin

Did you set the correct baudrate?

https://www.mysensors.org/build/debug

• after switching to 115200 baud, the following poped up:

0;255;3;0;9;Starting gateway (RNNGA-, 2.0.0)
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:INIT
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:RADIO:OK
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:GW MODE
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:READY
    0;255;3;0;14;Gateway startup complete.
    0;255;0;0;18;2.0.0
    0;255;3;0;9;No registration required
    0;255;3;0;9;Init complete, id=0, parent=0, distance=0, registration=1

no changed occurred when wireless sensor was re-started

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.