💬 MYSController

• Admin

This thread contains comments for the article "MYSController" posted on MySensors.org.

• What is URL for this project?

• Don't know if it has a project website but it can be found here https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/838/windows-gui-controller-for-mysensors

• Tekka, is this working for 2.0 and mqttclientgateway? if so, this could be a dream come true for keeping tabs on what's out in my network and versioning ect.

• @Jason-Brunk it's working with MySensors 2.0, but not for mqtt

• Dang, the ota update is something i am looking for big time, but it seems using mqtt is killing that option for me. I went mqtt route since I have a fault tolerant openhab system and it's easier to fail over services than physical connections.

• As far as I know tekka is working on a mqtt support and there is also MyController, which also has OTA support and mqtt. Maybe you can have a look at it.

• @Anduril very cool. I will check on mycontroller. I probably won't need most of the functionality but if it can do the ota for mqtt for now it might work. I like tekka's project so I am hoping that gets the mqtt ota support. Thanks!

• Is it possible to use this app when using RS485 transport? I have one of these usb (ftdi based) adapters connected with 2 Arduino MEGA on a RS485 bus:

http://www.banggood.com/USB-To-RS485-TTL-Serial-Converter-Adapter-FTDI-Interface-FT232RL-75176-p-961537.html

Tried it but I don't see any messages. Connecting serial monitor does show a traffic.

@Bart You should not connect MYSContoller to the RS485 bus but to the serial (or LAN) gateway connection. In other words, MYScontroller works as a controller not a bus monitor.

• Any news regarding OTA for MQTT gatways?

I have a MQTT GW running on a NodeMCU and I can upload new versions of the GW sketch to it using ArduinoOTA. It would be great to be able to also update the sensors connected to it without having to connect it to my computer.

• Just wanted to support the support for MQTT, that would really be awesome (especially since MyController can do ota over mqtt 🙂 )

• Hi all,
    Thanks again for the great work.
    Simple question: Is still MQTT support in the roadmap? Will it be possible to do FOTA over an MQTT Gateway?

Regards! Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

• Myscontroller latest version 1.0.0.3316 shows trojan at virustotal
    is this ok?
    https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6082b86e6a56783e692afaa7c6d79e5af0d6ca58476ef7e180a39594ce441cd7/detection
    Whats the reason for it

• Admin

@iocare-research-team False alarm (4 out of 67), most likely due to the executable being packed with UPX.

• @tekka ok.. hope so!

• Is there any chance of making this tool Open source. Its great tool.
    Making it open could lead to its porting to various platforms like android and ios
    and other desktop OS and also make it more stable.
    just a suggestion.!

• Nice app ! Is there any How To for the begeners i m not able to connect my network. Thinks

• latest version I can find is 1.0.0 beta... but i've seen screenshots of 1.2.2. where can i get it from?

• Absolutely great work! Just discovering the extent of the work done with mysensors. Amazing. Thanks

• No MQTT Support?

• Hello, is it possible to do FOTA updates from a desktop while the main gateway is connected to an openhab server on RPI3? Or do i have to replug my gateway between RPI3 en desktop every time i want to do an update?

• @jimmy-loyens What I do in order to have multiple controllers is to make a ethernet-mqtt gateway on an Arduino Uno.

That way I can use OpenHAB, try other controllers and also use mycontroller.org to do node management and FOTA.

I think that there is no other way.

• @guillermo-schimmel hi, thanks for your response. "Set up a ethernet mqqt gateway" could you elaborate on this? I'm quite competent with arduino, but i'm still learning about mqtt as i go. I have managed to setup mosquitto on my openhab server thoug. Do you mean let openhab send mqtt messages to the ethernet mysensors gateway and thus making it possible to connect MYSController to the ip of the mysensors ethernet gateway? Do you know of some example code? I know there is an example of an ethernet gateway but can it allso handle mqtt by default? Thanks

• @jimmy-loyens ok, i did some reading and i think i just need to build the mqtt gateway (is this correct?). Do you hava an example of how to interface a mqtt gateway to openhab? I suppose this would be quite different to a serial gateway. Thanks

• @jimmy-loyens Yes the mqtt gateway is very simple, just use some arduino+nrf4+ethernet.

There is a simple sketch for that.

In order to connect to openhab you should use openhab 2.4 and the mysensors (unofficial) binding. If you are on an older openhab you can just use the mqtt 1.x binding.

I did a post a few weeks ago. I'll try to find it for you.

• @guillermo-schimmel Here you have some openhab+mqtt+mysensors examples

https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/4786/openhab/9

• @guillermo-schimmel thanks, seems i have an ethernet shiel + spare uno lying around. I will give it a go. Is the mysensors binding compattible with custom nodes i written my own code for? Wich metod is less work to reprogram my openhab? I'm asking because my openhab is quite elaborate. I have a few 100 items and about 80 mylight sensors plugged in to openhab 😁 right now (serial gateway) they all enter openhab via 1 rule with a large hashmap. If i understand correctly i have to create a thing for each sensor and link each item to the channel of this thing. Got a lot of work to do😉😋

• @jimmy-loyens i use a mosquitto broker to get messages from my esp milight hub in openhab. Can i use this same broker with different topic? I beleive openhab uses mqtt binding for this. Sorry still got a lot to learn about mqtt🤔

• @jimmy-loyens Yes, use the same broker for everything.

• @jimmy-loyens said in 💬 MYSController:

@guillermo-schimmel thanks, seems i have an ethernet shiel + spare uno lying around. I will give it a go.

Same setup here.

Is the mysensors binding compattible with custom nodes i written my own code for? Wich metod is less work to reprogram my openhab? I'm asking because my openhab is quite elaborate. I have a few 100 items and about 80 mylight sensors plugged in to openhab 😁 right now (serial gateway) they all enter openhab via 1 rule with a large hashmap.

Yes, it supports custom nodes.

If i understand correctly i have to create a thing for each sensor and link each item to the channel of this thing. Got a lot of work to do😉😋

Yes, but if you do it in text files it's not that bad.

• Ok, thanks for all your help! I'll get started this weekend with the mysensors binding approach. 🤞

• @guillermo-schimmel hi, when i look under mysensors binding in openhab paperui i only see things for serial gw & ethernet gw but not for mqtt gateway. Am i supposed to build a ethernet gw or is mqtt gw allso supported? Just asking to know wich firmware to flash since hw is the same. Thanks

• @jimmy-loyens You have to build an mqtt gateway. On the hardware side it is identical to the ethernet gateway.

There is another sketch for it though:

https://www.mysensors.org/build/mqtt_gateway

It is very easy.

Please let me know it if works. I really like the openhab+mqtt+mysensors combination, I think that eventually there will be a lot of us here.

• @guillermo-schimmel I have been looking at the mysensors binding this evening (see my posts here: https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/7176/openhab-2-2-binding/118), but at first sight i cant get it working (i cant find a lot of clear documentation on the binding either) so i'm leaning more to the MQTT-binding approach right now. I will be exploring this route tomorrow. allready reflashed the gateway with MQTT-firmware

• @jimmy-loyens do you use the mysensors-binding in openhab or the mqtt-binding (or a combination of the two)

• @jimmy-loyens I use the openHAB-mysensors 2.3 binding.

But if you are unsure your mysensors setup works, it’s reasonable to start with mqtt binding and then migrate. Lots of moving parts.

I have posted here my own files for your reference.

• @guillermo-schimmel can you tell me where you downloaded the binding? I think im using the 2.2 binding. Is it possible you forgot the link to your setup files? Greets

• @jimmy-loyens said in 💬 MYSController:

@guillermo-schimmel can you tell me where you downloaded the binding? I think im using the 2.2 binding. Is it possible you forgot the link to your setup files? Greets

Please take a look here:

https://www.mysensors.org/controller/openhab

You will find my config and also a link to the 2.4 version of the binding.

• @guillermo-schimmel ok thanks, the link was formilliar, i have come by this link at one time in the past but i couldnt find it anymore🙃. I will give it another try tomorrow with the newer binding. The configuration examples will help alot. Thanks👍

• This post is deleted!

• Have Mysensors in use with Home Assistant for several years, no issues. Using a Sensebender Ethernet MQTT gateway to feed HA. Just found this software. Can only get this software to connect via serial connection, not IP, and only shows data in the MYSController Debug tab. No nodes are discovered just 0 and 255. Is there something I need to do with the Gateway to allow connection for this software? Example of debug tab messages:

22/04/2020 18:34:56 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2433158 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/1/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:34:56 RX 2433224 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.1
    22/04/2020 18:34:56 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2433224 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.1
    22/04/2020 18:34:56 RX 2433224 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/2/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:34:56 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2433224 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/2/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 RX 2437119 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.5
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2437119 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.5
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 RX 2437120 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/1/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2437120 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/1/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 RX 2437186 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.5
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2437186 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.5
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 RX 2437186 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/2/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:35:00 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2437186 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/2/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:35:03 RX 2439780 GWT:TPC:IP=192.168.1.96
    22/04/2020 18:35:03 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2439780 GWT:TPC:IP=192.168.1.96
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 RX 2440780 GWT:RMQ:CONNECTING...
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2440780 GWT:RMQ:CONNECTING...
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 RX 2440783 GWT:RMQ:OK
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2440783 GWT:RMQ:OK
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 RX 2440784 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/0/255/0/0/18,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2440784 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/0/255/0/0/18,MSG SENT
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 RX 2441081 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.4
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 ERROR ErrorFlag=255, Msg=2441081 TSF:MSG:READ,23-23-0,s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:28.4
    22/04/2020 18:35:04 RX 2441081 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway2-out/23/1/1/0/0,MSG SENT

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks.

• Admin

@andy5211d MYSController won't work with GW debug output. Use the GatewaySerial or GatewayW5100 example sketch to interact with your nodes.

• @tekka, thanks for the pointer. I'm using the GatewayW5100MQTTClient sketch, is this not the correct one? Works well though! Or, I do have MY_DEBUG at the beginning enabled, is then incorrect? However I can't connect MYSController via the IP port either. So if it is MY_DEBUG enabled as the problem then it impacts on both connections?

• @andy5211d It seems that MYScontroller does not work when MQTT is involved. I've tested both sketches, GatewayW5100 and GatewayW5100MQTTClient, and only GatewayW5100 could connect to MYSController.

• @Jan Spies, Thanks for your help. Was about to try different sketches over the weekend but guess I'll try some other approach now. Would really like to get MYSController or something similar to work. I can see data on the serial port (as shown below) but nothing on the ethernet port that looks useful other than what is sent and is returned from MQTT (I'm using Home Assistant). I have Lazerus so may have a play with the data on the serial port. Perhaps could feed the serial data into another Arduino and make it available on another IP address for different MySensor controller software. as not easy to get to my gateway hardware with a serail connection. Or seeing that the data is in MQTT perhaps feeding it into another app to display similar to MYSController. Wonder if the source of MYSController in in Guthub. Will have a look; no point in re-inventing the wheel... Wish I could work out what the ERROR ErrorFlag=255, etc means in my serial port output in the post below.

• @Jan Spies But wait, just noticed that Home Assistant can take MySensors data direct from either a serial port of IP connection. Must be a new option. My implementation is from some 5 years or more ago and think then only MQTT was the way into the Controller. Guess it could have been because I started out with OpenHAB and perhaps that controller only had a MQTT option then. When i moved over to HA it just worked so did not look at anything else. Now want more sensors has have a solar power system I'd like to monitor closely and i can't easily interface to the solar power units. So more sensors and some sort of MYSController.

• @andy5211d this is good news! I'm going to take a look at HA's direct access. I hope it works, I really would like the remote programming.

• So is there a gateway where it also possible to use the serial connection for Home Assistant and the IP connection for mysensors?

• @Jan Spies, @Joerideman. Well HA has on its MySensors integration page, https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/mysensors/, an extended example script lower down the page which shows several different methods of attaching the MySensors Gateway. Serial via USB, serial direct, IP and MQTT. Up until this week I've always used the MQTT option as my gateway was set to use MQTT and been working well for 5 or more of years. Following the conversation below I generated another development instance of HA and as I had a spare Sensebender Gateways board set up another gateway. This time using the IP direct connection, example 3, and it works, sort of.

Let me explain. I'm trying to get the MYSController to work and as best I can tell if you use the IP connection for the controller then HA can't access or read from the controller. So if the MYSController connects first then HA does not work, the other way around then the controller software does not work. I have not made the serial connection to the gateway board work with the controller software if the gateway is set for an IP connection. That is including that option in the software build. Looking at the serial link (via usb connection) on terminal software YAT there is nothing sent out. I have not tried to build the gateway software for serial connection only as I don't intend to use this mode, but may do just for connection to the MYSController software.

As best I can tell at this time the Sensebender gateway can only connect to one 'controller' at a time. Does not allow two IP connections to the same port, which of course makes sense. Same I does not send the same information out of the USB (Serial) and IP at the same time.

However still investigation (playing) as I have a mix of sensor versions on my network and that can't help.... Some are so old I can't find the initial source code to re-compile to the latest version so will try to reverse engineer what I did. Mostly one-wire temp sensors and a solar battery bank voltage/current monitor so not too complicated.

• Mod

I think

#define MY_GATEWAY_MAX_CLIENTS 2

will allow 2 controllers to connect to the gateway. But be aware that strange things may happen if two controllers are used. For example, if a node requests a node ID, and two controllers respond with different IDs.

• '
    @mfalkvidd Thanks so much for that. Both MYSController and the direct connection to HA connected via IP and working. I think I must have missed that option, is it listed somewhere? Thanks again.

• Mod

• Not wanting to dilute this forum much with HA but notice that HA is a bit picky as to how it connects to the Gateway when in this direct IP mode. If it can't connect to the gateway within a certain timeframe then it gives up or looses connection and can't re-connect again within a short timeframe. Also seems to need a full re-boot to re-connect once 'given up'. And also seems to need the HA connection to the gateway first else does not connect. So leave the MYSController disconnected until HA has done its thing. Not extensive experiments; your experience may differ!

Now going to try the direct serial via USB as my HA controller is a NUC so has several USB connections, as does the Dev HA R-Pi which I'll play with first. Of course the serial connect will be only for one controller, so would be good if the Gateway software had the option of both IP and serial connections, but lets play...

• Sorry if I reopen this page... can I use MySController on e gateway with ESP32 please ?
    I can't find any installation doc.
    Thanks a lot
    Denis

• Does anyone have a copy of MYSController they can share? The link to a dropbox folder says the folder is no longer available.

I'm trying to test out a new gateway device and it would make it a lot simpler to use MYSController that to start integrating it into my infrastructure.

• Plugin Developer

• @jkandasa Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics