Sensebender Micro - Abnormal power consumption

• Hello all,

I have been facing some power saving issues lately with one of my (numerous) Sensebender micro boards.
    Whilst they all use a mere 27µA during sleep, one of them is using between 400 and 700 µA.
    Of course, I have tried the famous Sketch J to see if this was not related to some software issue, but the result was the same.
    I have cleaned the contact and everything using some alcohol but it does not change anything either.
    Any idea there ?

QQ.

• Admin

A broken radio?

• Nice try but removing the radio was part of my tests (especially with Sketch J).

Qq.

• Admin

Has it been exposed to extreme humidity or something else external that could cause this?

• No, not at all. Actually, it sits on one of my bookshelves. It has been there for a while.
    I thought for a long period that the battery drain was due to some software issue until I conducted some deep analysis.

Qq

• Hardware Contributor

very strange!
    pics of your board? And what do you use to measure current ?

• Here are some photos (frontside and backside). I use a regular multimeter to monitor the current (serial through the battery power).

0_1484496358303_IMG_5498.JPG

0_1484496371758_IMG_5495.JPG

0_1484496377775_IMG_5494.JPG

QQ.

• Hi @qqlapraline , I experience the same issue. I've already built door sensors + Temp + humidity with a pro mini 3.3v and it working since 7 months with the same 2AA's.
    I've done the same with the sensebender micro and in 2 weeks the battery are ko. I send temp/hum every 5 min, use sleep and interrupt for the door sensor.

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.