💬 Sensebender Micro

• For the battery powering voltage measuring do you mean that this is not needed after all? (https://www.mysensors.org/build/battery#measuring-and-reporting-battery-level)
    It would be just a matter of enabling the flag "#define BATT_SENSOR 199 " and no resistors needed?

• Admin

@joaoabs

Yes, when you power it directly of f.ex. two AA batteries, then you can use the secret trick mentioned in that article that I linked to, for measuring battery voltage without external resistors.

• Sorry for the dummy question, but my SenseBender Micros came with a small white sticker on top of the Si7021 sensor (like in the pictures above). Is it supposed to be removed or to stay like that?

• Contest Winner

@joaoabs the datasheet for the device clarifies that I believe

• Admin

@joaoabs

Just leave it on..

• Hello!

Help me understand why the sketches are not loaded in Sensebender Micro - there is a synchronization error:
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x82
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x82
    avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

• FTDI connected via 3.3V jumper

• Another device built on the SB Micro with SB bootloader is also not flashed with the same error, but on the PC of my friend, sketches successfully loaded into the device and on my PC are given the correct data when working sketch

• device and serial port are selected correctly

• mySensors Lib and device packs(AVR, SAMD) installed with standard lib and device managers(and also added path https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mysensors/ArduinoBoards/master/package_mysensors.org_index.json in the settings menu)

• at the same time if I take a pure Pro Mini and load into it any sample sketch of mySensors package - it will successfully do it and will work.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get the Sensebender Micro to take sketches?

• Admin

@nailman

Did you select the sensebender micro as target in Arduino? Is it the same FTDI device that is used on both computers?

• @tbowmo
    Yes, of course, I chose the target device "Sensebender Micro -> "Atmega328p, 1mhz" and "Atmega328p, 8mhz"(for device (RGBW controller) based on SB Micro with 8Mhz quartz resonator).

I tried three different FTDIs.

With any other Arduino (with native loaders) there are no problems with these FTDI adapters.

• @nailman At what Mhz does your RGBW Controller is running now?
    It seems to be the problem is in identifying the correct board.

If I have a board running at 1Mhz and try to program it at 8Mhz, similar to your error would come up, i.e. not in sync

• Admin

Unless the bootloader is reprogrammed, then it defaults to 8mhz, and you have to actively set registers to run at 1mhz in your sketch.

Do you have a ISP programmer? If yes, could you make a memory dump, and send it to me?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.