Sensebender Micro

• Contest Winner

@ahmedadelhosni because it is not in use by the library <yet>. Would be a shame if the library some day gets updated with support for a radio that can enter low power sleep and still wake when needed.

• Admin

@ahmedadelhosni

What @Anticimex said.. And at the time when I created the sensebender, I didn't know that the interrupt wasn't used (I was relatively new to the project) so I thought that we had to have it connected..

• Admin

It is used by the RF69, right @tbowmo? (when using adapter plate...)

• @Anticimex @tbowmo This a valid point which I thought of but I needed two interrupt pins. As far as I knew from fast searching is that external interrupts which react to CHANGE in pin state are only valid for pins 2 and 3. Correct ?
    Maybe there is another solution which I missed.

• Admin

@hek

Yes, that's right, RFM69 is using interrupts.. (and rfm69 is possible on the sensebender using for example this pcb)

• Contest Winner

And with a scalpel and a soldering iron you should be able to use both interrupts by disconnecting the one reserved for nrf24. Of course that would disable the use for rfm69 om that board.

• @Anticimex Yeah I could just connect my device to the atmega pin directly as I can see/find any pin header to route the interrupt pin 2. They are all used.

Thanks guys.

• Contest Winner

I just received two sensebenders. I'm really impressed by the great engineering behind the board. I can't wait to heat up my soldering iron. I love them!

• I just received two Sensebenders, but have problems getting the device to consume little power. I get totally different values as displayed above.

With the following sketch, I get about 5,6mA in active state and 1,6mA in sleep mode with nRF24 attached. I have compared different nRF24-chips and this one consumed the least power.

Without the nRF24, I get 4mA and 0,025mA (=25ยตA) during sleep mode.

#include <LowPower.h>
    #include "RF24.h"

RF24 radio(9, 10);

void setup() {
    }

void loop() {
        delay(8000);
        LowPower.powerDown(SLEEP_8S, ADC_OFF, BOD_OFF);
    }

• Mod

@user2334 I don't think the LowPower library shuts off the radio. Use MySensor's sleep function instead.

• A general question regarding these types of boards that are generally designed to be used on battery power. Is there a reason to not power the ATSH204A and Si7021 from AVR pins? The pins can source far more than what these devices can sink (even when using the heating on the Si7021), and it would allow squeezing a tiny bit more out of the battery life by selectively powering down the devices.
    Eg., if I'm not using the ATSHA204A at all, I can save 150nA continuous current. The power saving from disabling the Si7021 is less at about 60nA, so that might just be eaten up by having to wait up to 80ms before a full conversion.

I'm aware that we're talking about saving a tiny ~200nA here, but over the span of two years that adds up to about 350mAh.

So what I'm wondering is simply, is there a technical reason saying that this really isn't a Good Idea (tm)? Should I avoid doing so if I design my own similar device?

• Hardware Contributor

@ximinez said:

A general question regarding these types of boards that are generally designed to be used on battery power. Is there a reason to not power the ATSH204A and Si7021 from AVR pins? The pins can source far more than what these devices can sink (even when using the heating on the Si7021), and it would allow squeezing a tiny bit more out of the battery life by selectively powering down the devices.
    Eg., if I'm not using the ATSHA204A at all, I can save 150nA continuous current. The power saving from disabling the Si7021 is less at about 60nA, so that might just be eaten up by having to wait up to 80ms before a full conversion.

I'm aware that we're talking about saving a tiny ~200nA here, but over the span of two years that adds up to about 350mAh.

So what I'm wondering is simply, is there a technical reason saying that this really isn't a Good Idea (tm)? Should I avoid doing so if I design my own similar device?

I second that question. I was just thinking about a similar idea.

• Admin

@ximinez @LastSamurai

That is indeed a good question. The straight answer is that I didn't think about that when I designed the board.

In theory you could also power the radio from a digital pin on the avr, and power that down completely.

BTW. If you turn on the heating element in the si7021 at full power, I think the power drain exceeds what the avr can deliver on a digital pin. But one could just avoid that.

• Contest Winner

I have been thinking about this as well. But I discarded parts of the idea because I needed the IO for other stuff (MYSX in my case). Instead I designed a switched rail where one could attach sensor power sinks. It's not io powered but it is io controlled.
    Though I did not attach the si or atsha to this switch function as I decided to make it an optional feature but wanted to make sure authentication and temp/hum would always be available.

• That is indeed a good question. The straight answer is that I didn't think about that when I designed the board.

Oh, I thought it was a design decision ๐Ÿ™‚

In theory you could also power the radio from a digital pin on the avr, and power that down completely.

I've been wondering about the radio in particular. Does the radio keep any state locally, and will it have to be reinitialized upon powerup?

BTW. If you turn on the heating element in the si7021 at full power, I think the power drain exceeds what the avr can deliver on a digital pin. But one could just avoid that.

The heating element eats a measly 3.1mA according to the datasheet, so even that would be well within the limits for a single in on a 328p.

Now, I don't have Eagle installed on this laptop, and my bandwidth is limited right now. Is there a picture of the PCB traces available? Wondering if atleast some of this can be hacked on by cutting traces.

• Admin

@ximinez

Nope, there are only the eagle design files.. (Or gerbers, you could use a gerber viewer)

I have 4 sensors operating for almost a year on two AA batteries, they all report around 73% battery left. So in my opinion, it's not that necessary to do extra optimization on the power drain..

• @tbowmo
    While 73% after one year is good, it doesn't mean that it can't get better. The ATSHA204a and Si7021 draw about 350mAh from the battery over two years from idling alone. The NRF24L01+ draws around 1500mAh.
    Remember, you will never get close to emptying out the battery before the voltage drops below working voltage. Using alkaline batteries, you'll get around 2000mAh before the batteries reach 2v (which, if you're using battery voltage as a pure percentage, is 66%), at which point the voltage curve drops sharply - and your sensors die. The radio and sensors have drawn more than 900mAh from your battery during the year you have run the device (and that's just idling) - close to half your battery life.

Assuming your battery percentage is correct, and you started at 100% one year ago, I'm betting your sensors will die sometime during this summer. While you may think that extra optimization isn't worth it, I do. The nanoAmp draws may not seem like much, but drawn out on a timescale like this, it is a major power draw.

• Contest Winner

@ximinez That depend on how you define battery percentage. I have chosen to adjust my measurements to let 0% mean when voltage drops below the highest requirements of the onboard devices. Since that particular device will fail when voltage goes lower, it serves no purpose to provide a false battery percentage. 0% is when the node no longer operates according to specs. But this is of course hw/sketch-dependent.

• @Anticimex The point still stands however. The discharge graph is far from linear, and your sensors and radio have already drawn close to half of your battery life by idling alone. A colleague of mine has had to replace the batteries in his two sensors already.

• Contest Winner

@ximinez I do not recall sharing my statistics, so I assume you refer to @tbowmo's stats?

• @Anticimex Ah, yes. sed /your/@tbowmo's/g. I blame lack of caffeine.

• Contest Winner

@ximinez makes sense. I'm sure you can cut down on power consumption by cutting power to those peripherals. I do not know how signing would be affected by this though, as I have not tested it with switching the atsha on and off between calls. I would like to hear from you on that topic if you choose to try it though ๐Ÿ™‚

• Ok, I've been looking at the image and my spare sensor. It looks like:
    Power to the NRF can be cut between C3 and VCC pin.
    ATSHA204a power can be cut on the trace that goes from the atsha and beneath the flash.
    Si7021 power can be cut at the trace that goes from C4.

I just might have to dig out my scalpel and iron for this. If the components magically work without any extra initialization on powerup, modifying the code looks easy.

I'll report back with my findings

• Admin

@ximinez

For my battery reporting, I have set 1.9V as 0%, 3.3V is 100%..

While you're at it, also power down the external flash, as it might also contribute a bit..

• Well that went south pretty fast. Was wondering why my sensebender was acting up. Took a while to see that I had plugged in an ESP8266 module instead of one of my NRF24 modules. Those modules look far too much alike ๐Ÿ˜ก

Serial output now looks like this: "Sรฅnsebรฅndรฅรฒ Micro FW 1.3" with random characters corrupted. I think I've killed it ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I can still flash firmware to it via serial, so it's not completely dead.

I can however confirm that both the SHA204A and SI7021 self-tests OK being powered on in-sketch:
    (Flash seems to randomly fail or test OK, not sure why yet)

รพSรฅnseรขรฅnder Micรฒo Fร— 1.3 - Tesรดรoรคe
    Tรฅstiรฎg pรฅรฒipheralรณ!
    -> ร“ร‰7021 : ok!
    -> ร†รฌasรจ : รฆailed!
    -> SรˆA204 : รk (seรฒรฉal : 01234ร‚BAร…259E8Aร„ร…E)
    Tรฅรณt fiรฎรฉsheรค
    ----> ร“elftest รฆaiรฌรฅรค!

• Contest Winner

@ximinez If possible, try to check if signing and verification of signatures work as well. I have tried to implement the use of the ATSHA to be atomic in nature, but it could be that some state is retained which is cleared on power down which might break the calculations.

• What is the easiest and fastest way to sign and verify? I don't have a gateway set up quite yet.
    (And, is any part of setting this up dependent on serial integrity? If so I might have to adjust baud quite a bit)

• Contest Winner

@ximinez Well, without a gw the only option is to use node peer to peer transmissons to test signing. How to do it is described in the signing documentation, assuming you use development branch, you can see here. For master, look here.

• I have an Uno with an ethernet shield and nrf24 hooked up, so I will have to get around to write a sketch for that purpose.
    But to get signing to work, I'll have to personalize the atsha? That sketch doesn't compile for me.

• Contest Winner

Yes, you have to personalize it. What is failing? I don't have an Uno myself, but according to Jenkins the personalizer compiles ok for Uno on both master and development. You don't have any local changes?

• The personalization fails to compile for my sensebender micro. There's a few undeclared:

Personalizer:225: error: 'EEPROM_SIGNING_SOFT_HMAC_KEY_ADDRESS' was not declared in this scope
    Personalizer:225: error: 'hwReadConfigBlock' was not declared in this scope
    Personalizer:236: error: 'EEPROM_SIGNING_SOFT_SERIAL_ADDRESS' was not declared in this scope
    Personalizer:247: error: 'EEPROM_RF_ENCRYPTION_AES_KEY_ADDRESS' was not declared in this scope
    Personalizer:697: error: 'hwMillis' was not declared in this scope

I'm trying to compile this against master however. Do I have to have dev branch to compile that sketch?

• Fails with the same errors on Uno for me.

• Contest Winner

@ximinez and you are certain you have no local changes to the code? Jenkins builds both master and development branches every night for both the SenseBender and the uno and it builds all examples, including the personalizer without issues.

• Pretty sure.
    I'll wipe my library dir and redownload master.

• Contest Winner

If memory serves me, some of the errors you get seem to originate from code on development branch. The eeprom addresses are to my knowledge not yet available on master.

• Ok, moved from master to dev. Sketch compiled. Not quite the output I expected however.

EEPROM configuration:
    SOFT_HMAC_KEY | FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    SOFT_SERIAL | FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    AES_KEY | FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Contest Winner

@ximinez it is the output I expected. You have gone for soft signing, and you see the reset values of the eeprom. You need to pick atsha settings. The link I gave you gives the exact settings to personalize both for software and atsha backends.

• Got it now ๐Ÿ™‚
    I had two different sketches and had edited the wrong one. Now I have actual values.
    Is there an example GW sketch that I can load quickly to my Uno/W5100 shield/NRF24?

• Contest Winner

๐Ÿ‘
    I'm rusty on the gateways. But on development branch, configuring signing is easier than on master branch. My link gives the details on signing configuration for both nodes and gateways with examples.

• Yeah, I'm struggling a bit with those instructions. I've set up my gateway with soft signing, and got sane values written to EEPROM.
    Now, do I need any of the three values to personalize the sensebender?
    SOFT_HMAC_KEY?

• Contest Winner

@ximinez the SenseBender you have patched/cut needs atsha personalization, so no SOFT anything. But you need to have the same hmac key stored on the atsha on the SenseBender as you have picked as soft hmac key in eeprom of your gateway (the node you have personalized for soft signing).

• @Anticimex Yeah, that's what I asked ๐Ÿ˜‰

I get:
    Writing key to slot 0...
    Data lock failed. Response: D3

• Contest Winner

@ximinez locking data is a very bad idea. It will prevent you from changing the hmac key. You only need to (and should) lock configuration. Only lock data if you really know what you are doing.

• Writing key to slot 0...
    Data not locked. Define LOCK_DATA to lock for real.

Personalization is now complete.
    Configuration is LOCKED
    Data is UNLOCKED

• Contest Winner

@ximinez looks good. You should be done with personalization. Remember to require signatures from the SenseBender in addition to "enabling" it. You can also require signature on the GW, thus forcing all communications between them to be signed. The serial console will reveal how it goes. You can enable verbose debug (MY_DEBUG_VERBOSE_SIGNING) for the signing if you want more details on the signing parts.

• I have the sensor sketch mostly done, but I'll have to do some soldering again tomorrow. It looks like D7 got burnt when I plugged in my ESP8266, giving ~0,5v out on that pin. Will have to work around that:

Sรดรกrtinรง รณensor (RรŽONA-, 2.0.0-beta)
    Raรคio init รฆรกiรฌรฅd. รƒรจeck wiring.

When that is OK, I'll look at the GW sketch.

• Contest Winner

Sounds good. Bedtime here too.

• D3, D4 and D7 are all funky, and do not give ~3v when set high. So I'm back to the radio being on all the time.
    D5 and D6 mysteriously work just fine.

Radio is now OK, but the sensebender reboots before it gets to setup().
    Stรกrting รณensor (ร’รŽONA-, 2.0.0-beรดรก)
    Rรกรคio init suรฃรฃessรฆuรฌ.
    รฆรฉรฎรค parenรด
    send: 255-255-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,รณรด=bc:
    [reboot and repeat]

• Admin

@ximinez

Sounds like it's on its way to the "other side"..

• Yup. Setting up my other sensebender as a proper signing sensor and my uno as a gateway. This will have to wait until I get a couple more working sensors.

• Ok. I set up my GW, and set up my healthy sensebender as an outdoor sensor. The zombie sensor is now a working indoor sensor.
    I have enabled signing and set up whitelisting, but enabling signing debugging makes the sketch oversize, so I can't actually check if signing works - but atleast now I have two sensors.

Domoticz up

• Contest Winner

You will still be notified without verbose logging. And if you have enabled and require signing, you won't get any data if something fails (assuming signing is properly activated).

• @user2334 said:

I just received two Sensebenders, but have problems getting the device to consume little power. I get totally different values as displayed above.

With the following sketch, I get about 5,6mA in active state and 1,6mA in sleep mode with nRF24 attached. I have compared different nRF24-chips and this one consumed the least power.

Without the nRF24, I get 4mA and 0,025mA (=25ยตA) during sleep mode.

#include <LowPower.h>
    #include "RF24.h"

RF24 radio(9, 10);

void setup() {
    }

void loop() {
        delay(8000);
        LowPower.powerDown(SLEEP_8S, ADC_OFF, BOD_OFF);
    }

As a follow-up to my previous posting, I can confirm, that using original nRF24-modules (best source seems to be https://www.itead.cc/nrf24l01-module.html), I get 0,023mA (=23ยตA) with nrf24 attached during sleep mode (no difference between the libraries JeeLib->Sleepy::loseSomeTime or LowPower->LowPower.powerDown).

It is quite interesting, that so many nRF24 Modules (bought from eBay, from Amazon UK) are clones with higher power consumption. Some of them use 3mA, some have electrical short, ...

• @Anticimex I've set MY_SIGNING_SOFT, MY_SIGNING_REQUEST_SIGNATURES and MY_SIGNING_NODE_WHITELIST on the GW, and reenabled (normal) debug but not signing debug since that is too big.
    With those enabled, if the sending node does not sign, I should not get this?

0;255;3;0;9;read: 2-2-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:6.3
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 2-2-0 s=2,c=1,t=1,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:59

• Contest Winner

@ximinez The GW will only require signatures from a node that in turn require signatures.
    It is the sg-flag that indicate if a message is signed, in your case, both messages are unsigned.
    If you only have node->gw communication, both gw and node has to require signatures for you to see signed messages.
    If you have gw->node communication, it is enough that the node require signatures, the gw will then sign them, no matter if the gw require signatures or not.

• 0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=2,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=ok:57ACB4BD46843BFCC7ABA693CC5AA527F7724531F525338E8A
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=2,c=0,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:

I feel more secure now ๐Ÿ˜›

• Contest Winner

@ximinez Hm, good, but I still see no signed message. But at least a nonce was sent

• @Anticimex Sensor values are getting through though. And signing is requested on both ends (for one sensor so far). I can't see any other #defines that should be set to enable signing. I get the same result on both the zombie sensor and the unmodded one.

I get three "sign fail" (showing up as verify fail on gw) before the sketch reaches setup(), where the ATSHA gets powered up. I will need to power the ATSHA somewhere in the mysensors library. However, once setup() is reached, the ATSHA seems to handle powering down and up just fine.

I can however say that it the Si7021 doesn't like being powered off and back on again after sleep. That causes the MCU to reset.

• Contest Winner

@ximinez Ah, yes, on development branch the signing backend clear the sign flag when it verifies the message. so it will always show as 0 without verbose signing debug enabled.
    I know there have been discussions about a "pre setup" to be used for early sketch init. You probably want to power the atsha for early handshaking as well to get the sketch name and such to propagate properly. @hek perhaps has the latest on such features.

• I've built a nicer-looking serial gateway instead of the rather large ethernet gateway. I thought that would basically be a "slot-in" as long as I personalize the GW it with the same SOFT_HMAC_KEY, SOFT_SERIAL and AES_KEY as the original GW. Are there more steps that need to be taken to get the sensors to connect?

Serial Gateway

• No matter what I do now, this is what I get:

send: 2-2-0-0 s=1,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=fail:
    sign fail
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,st=fail:26.0
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=2,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=fail:
    sign fail
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=1,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,st=fail:34
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=fail:
    sign fail

• Contest Winner

You must not use the same serial across nodes. Serial have to be unique. HMAC have to be identical.

• Yes, I know serial must be unique. Serials go in the whitelist for the corresponding node ID. It turned out to be the NRF24L01+-modules with antennas. Replaced it with a regular module and it worked fine.
    (Which is strange, because one of those modules worked fine on the ethernet gw. It doesn't eat that much power does it?)

• Contest Winner

@ximinez The signing failing is due to messages not arriving (st=fail). So it is not signing that is your problem here.
    However, with signing, messages are now "full size" which strains the RF link so if it is "weak" fewer messages get through if they are "longer". I suspect that is the problem here. Basically the usual stuff; adding caps, using a dedicated regulator and so on...

• Looks like it works now, but what's the deal with the initial failed signs? Look at http://pastebin.ca/3585005 (GW side) and http://pastebin.ca/3585014 (Sensor side. Not the same powerup). It starts by failing a lot, then after a while everything looks OK.

• Contest Winner

@ximinez difficult to say. Maybe a long stabilization period for the regulator. You could try to add a delay in early init in the library to see if it makes a difference.

• Contest Winner

@Anticimex and again, it is not failed signature errors per se. It is st=fail (transmission errors) that cause the signing backend to timeout. So it is not the performance of the atsha (or sw) that cause the issue here, it is the radio.

• @tbowmo said:

@ximinez

While you're at it, also power down the external flash, as it might also contribute a bit..

I forgot about the flash. That would require bootloader support though? Or is the OTA done by jumping to the bootloader while running, keeping pin states?
    I'm waiting for some SOIC breakouts in the mail. When I get them, I'll scavenge the ATSHA and flash module from my zombie sensor and build my own sensebender with blackjack and hookers.

• Admin

@ximinez

Yes.. bootloader should probably by modified, if you decide to switch off the flash as well..

• I did update the Arduino IDE and now I don't see the Sensebender Micro in the device list.
    I'm using 1.6.5 and did copy the content to the boards.txt.

Is there something else I have to do?

# See: http://code.google.com/p/arduino/wiki/Platforms

menu.cpu=Processor

##############################################################

yun.name=Arduino Yรบn
    yun.upload.via_ssh=true

yun.vid.0=0x2341
    yun.pid.0=0x0041
    yun.vid.1=0x2341
    yun.pid.1=0x8041
    yun.vid.2=0x2A03
    yun.pid.2=0x0041
    yun.vid.3=0x2A03
    yun.pid.3=0x8041

yun.upload.tool=avrdude
    yun.upload.protocol=avr109
    yun.upload.maximum_size=28672
    yun.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
    yun.upload.speed=57600
    yun.upload.disable_flushing=true
    yun.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
    yun.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

yun.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    yun.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    yun.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    yun.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xfb
    yun.bootloader.file=caterina/Caterina-Yun.hex
    yun.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    yun.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

yun.build.mcu=atmega32u4
    yun.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    yun.build.vid=0x2341
    yun.build.pid=0x8041
    yun.build.usb_product="Arduino Yun"
    yun.build.board=AVR_YUN
    yun.build.core=arduino
    yun.build.variant=yun
    yun.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

uno.name=Arduino/Genuino Uno

uno.vid.0=0x2341
    uno.pid.0=0x0043
    uno.vid.1=0x2341
    uno.pid.1=0x0001
    uno.vid.2=0x2A03
    uno.pid.2=0x0043
    uno.vid.3=0x2341
    uno.pid.3=0x0243

uno.upload.tool=avrdude
    uno.upload.protocol=arduino
    uno.upload.maximum_size=32256
    uno.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    uno.upload.speed=115200

uno.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    uno.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    uno.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDE
    uno.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    uno.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    uno.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F
    uno.bootloader.file=optiboot/optiboot_atmega328.hex

uno.build.mcu=atmega328p
    uno.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    uno.build.board=AVR_UNO
    uno.build.core=arduino
    uno.build.variant=standard

diecimila.name=Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila

diecimila.upload.tool=avrdude
    diecimila.upload.protocol=arduino

diecimila.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    diecimila.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    diecimila.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    diecimila.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

diecimila.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    diecimila.build.board=AVR_DUEMILANOVE
    diecimila.build.core=arduino
    diecimila.build.variant=standard

## Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila w/ ATmega328
    ## ---------------------------------------------
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328=ATmega328

diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_size=30720
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.speed=57600

diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex

diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega328.build.mcu=atmega328p

## Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila w/ ATmega168
    ## ---------------------------------------------
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168=ATmega168

diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.speed=19200

diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_diecimila.hex

diecimila.menu.cpu.atmega168.build.mcu=atmega168

nano.name=Arduino Nano

nano.upload.tool=avrdude
    nano.upload.protocol=arduino

nano.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    nano.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    nano.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

nano.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    nano.build.board=AVR_NANO
    nano.build.core=arduino
    nano.build.variant=eightanaloginputs

## Arduino Nano w/ ATmega328
    ## -------------------------
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega328=ATmega328

nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_size=30720
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.speed=57600

nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex

nano.menu.cpu.atmega328.build.mcu=atmega328p

## Arduino Nano w/ ATmega168
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega168=ATmega168

nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.speed=19200

nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_diecimila.hex

nano.menu.cpu.atmega168.build.mcu=atmega168

mega.name=Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560

mega.vid.0=0x2341
    mega.pid.0=0x0010
    mega.vid.1=0x2341
    mega.pid.1=0x0042
    mega.vid.2=0x2A03
    mega.pid.2=0x0010
    mega.vid.3=0x2A03
    mega.pid.3=0x0042
    mega.vid.4=0x2341
    mega.pid.4=0x0210
    mega.vid.5=0x2341
    mega.pid.5=0x0242

mega.upload.tool=avrdude
    mega.upload.maximum_data_size=8192

mega.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    mega.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    mega.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    mega.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

mega.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    mega.build.core=arduino
    mega.build.variant=mega
    # default board may be overridden by the cpu menu
    mega.build.board=AVR_MEGA2560

## Arduino/Genuino Mega w/ ATmega2560
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560=ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)

mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.upload.protocol=wiring
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.upload.maximum_size=253952
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.upload.speed=115200

mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.bootloader.high_fuses=0xD8
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xFD
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.bootloader.file=stk500v2/stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex

mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.build.mcu=atmega2560
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega2560.build.board=AVR_MEGA2560

## Arduino Mega w/ ATmega1280
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280=ATmega1280

mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.upload.protocol=arduino
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.upload.maximum_size=126976
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.upload.speed=57600

mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xF5
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1280.hex

mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.build.mcu=atmega1280
    mega.menu.cpu.atmega1280.build.board=AVR_MEGA

megaADK.name=Arduino Mega ADK

megaADK.vid.0=0x2341
    megaADK.pid.0=0x003f
    megaADK.vid.1=0x2341
    megaADK.pid.1=0x0044
    megaADK.vid.2=0x2A03
    megaADK.pid.2=0x003f
    megaADK.vid.3=0x2A03
    megaADK.pid.3=0x0044

megaADK.upload.tool=avrdude
    megaADK.upload.protocol=wiring
    megaADK.upload.maximum_size=253952
    megaADK.upload.maximum_data_size=8192
    megaADK.upload.speed=115200

megaADK.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    megaADK.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    megaADK.bootloader.high_fuses=0xD8
    megaADK.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xFD
    megaADK.bootloader.file=stk500v2/stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex
    megaADK.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    megaADK.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

megaADK.build.mcu=atmega2560
    megaADK.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    megaADK.build.board=AVR_ADK
    megaADK.build.core=arduino
    megaADK.build.variant=mega

leonardo.name=Arduino Leonardo
    leonardo.vid.0=0x2341
    leonardo.pid.0=0x0036
    leonardo.vid.1=0x2341
    leonardo.pid.1=0x8036
    leonardo.vid.2=0x2A03
    leonardo.pid.2=0x0036
    leonardo.vid.3=0x2A03
    leonardo.pid.3=0x8036

leonardo.upload.tool=avrdude
    leonardo.upload.protocol=avr109
    leonardo.upload.maximum_size=28672
    leonardo.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
    leonardo.upload.speed=57600
    leonardo.upload.disable_flushing=true
    leonardo.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
    leonardo.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

leonardo.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    leonardo.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    leonardo.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    leonardo.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xcb
    leonardo.bootloader.file=caterina/Caterina-Leonardo.hex
    leonardo.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    leonardo.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

leonardo.build.mcu=atmega32u4
    leonardo.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    leonardo.build.vid=0x2341
    leonardo.build.pid=0x8036
    leonardo.build.usb_product="Arduino Leonardo"
    leonardo.build.board=AVR_LEONARDO
    leonardo.build.core=arduino
    leonardo.build.variant=leonardo
    leonardo.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

micro.name=Arduino/Genuino Micro

micro.vid.0=0x2341
    micro.pid.0=0x0037
    micro.vid.1=0x2341
    micro.pid.1=0x8037
    micro.vid.2=0x2A03
    micro.pid.2=0x0037
    micro.vid.3=0x2A03
    micro.pid.3=0x8037

micro.vid.4=0x2341
    micro.pid.4=0x0237
    # If the board is a 2341:0237 use 2341:8237 for build and set
    # other parameters as well
    micro.vid.4.build.vid=0x2341
    micro.vid.4.build.pid=0x8237
    micro.vid.4.build.usb_product="Genuino Micro"
    micro.vid.4.bootloader.file=caterina/Caterina-Genuino-Micro.hex

micro.vid.5=0x2341
    micro.pid.5=0x8237
    # If the board is a 2341:8237 use 2341:8237 for build and set
    # other paramters as well
    micro.vid.5.build.vid=0x2341
    micro.vid.5.build.pid=0x8237
    micro.vid.5.build.usb_product="Genuino Micro"
    micro.vid.5.bootloader.file=caterina/Caterina-Genuino-Micro.hex

micro.upload.tool=avrdude
    micro.upload.protocol=avr109
    micro.upload.maximum_size=28672
    micro.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
    micro.upload.speed=57600
    micro.upload.disable_flushing=true
    micro.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
    micro.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

micro.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    micro.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    micro.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    micro.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xcb
    micro.bootloader.file=caterina/Caterina-Micro.hex
    micro.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    micro.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

micro.build.mcu=atmega32u4
    micro.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    micro.build.vid=0x2341
    micro.build.pid=0x8037
    micro.build.usb_product="Arduino Micro"
    micro.build.board=AVR_MICRO
    micro.build.core=arduino
    micro.build.variant=micro
    micro.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

esplora.name=Arduino Esplora
    esplora.vid.0=0x2341
    esplora.pid.0=0x003C
    esplora.vid.1=0x2341
    esplora.pid.1=0x803C
    esplora.vid.2=0x2A03
    esplora.pid.2=0x003C
    esplora.vid.3=0x2A03
    esplora.pid.3=0x803C

esplora.upload.tool=avrdude
    esplora.upload.protocol=avr109
    esplora.upload.maximum_size=28672
    esplora.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
    esplora.upload.speed=57600
    esplora.upload.disable_flushing=true
    esplora.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
    esplora.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

esplora.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    esplora.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    esplora.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    esplora.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xcb
    esplora.bootloader.file=caterina/Caterina-Esplora.hex
    esplora.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    esplora.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

esplora.build.mcu=atmega32u4
    esplora.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    esplora.build.vid=0x2341
    esplora.build.pid=0x803c
    esplora.build.usb_product="Arduino Esplora"
    esplora.build.board=AVR_ESPLORA
    esplora.build.core=arduino
    esplora.build.variant=leonardo
    esplora.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

mini.name=Arduino Mini

mini.upload.tool=avrdude
    mini.upload.protocol=arduino

mini.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    mini.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    mini.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    mini.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

mini.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    mini.build.board=AVR_MINI
    mini.build.core=arduino
    mini.build.variant=eightanaloginputs

## Arduino Mini w/ ATmega328
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega328=ATmega328

mini.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_size=28672
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.speed=115200

mini.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.file=optiboot/optiboot_atmega328-Mini.hex

mini.menu.cpu.atmega328.build.mcu=atmega328p

## Arduino Mini w/ ATmega168
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega168=ATmega168

mini.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.speed=19200

mini.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    mini.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_ng.hex

mini.menu.cpu.atmega168.build.mcu=atmega168

ethernet.name=Arduino Ethernet

ethernet.upload.tool=avrdude
    ethernet.upload.protocol=arduino
    ethernet.upload.maximum_size=32256
    ethernet.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    ethernet.upload.speed=115200

ethernet.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    ethernet.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    ethernet.bootloader.high_fuses=0xde
    ethernet.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    ethernet.bootloader.file=optiboot/optiboot_atmega328.hex
    ethernet.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    ethernet.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

ethernet.build.variant=ethernet
    ethernet.build.mcu=atmega328p
    ethernet.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    ethernet.build.board=AVR_ETHERNET
    ethernet.build.core=arduino

fio.name=Arduino Fio

fio.upload.tool=avrdude
    fio.upload.protocol=arduino
    fio.upload.maximum_size=30720
    fio.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    fio.upload.speed=57600

fio.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    fio.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    fio.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    fio.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    fio.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex
    fio.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    fio.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

fio.build.mcu=atmega328p
    fio.build.f_cpu=8000000L
    fio.build.board=AVR_FIO
    fio.build.core=arduino
    fio.build.variant=eightanaloginputs

bt.name=Arduino BT

bt.upload.tool=avrdude
    bt.upload.protocol=arduino
    bt.upload.speed=19200
    bt.upload.disable_flushing=true

bt.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    bt.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    bt.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    bt.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

bt.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    bt.build.board=AVR_BT
    bt.build.core=arduino
    bt.build.variant=eightanaloginputs

## Arduino BT w/ ATmega328
    ## -----------------------
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega328=ATmega328
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_size=28672
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_data_size=2048

bt.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.file=bt/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_bt.hex

bt.menu.cpu.atmega328.build.mcu=atmega328p

## Arduino BT w/ ATmega168
    ## -----------------------
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega168=ATmega168
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024

bt.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    bt.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.file=bt/ATmegaBOOT_168.hex

bt.menu.cpu.atmega168.build.mcu=atmega168

LilyPadUSB.name=LilyPad Arduino USB
    LilyPadUSB.vid.0=0x1B4F
    LilyPadUSB.pid.0=0x9207
    LilyPadUSB.vid.1=0x1B4F
    LilyPadUSB.pid.1=0x9208

LilyPadUSB.upload.tool=avrdude
    LilyPadUSB.upload.protocol=avr109
    LilyPadUSB.upload.maximum_size=28672
    LilyPadUSB.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
    LilyPadUSB.upload.speed=57600
    LilyPadUSB.upload.disable_flushing=true
    LilyPadUSB.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
    LilyPadUSB.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

LilyPadUSB.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    LilyPadUSB.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    LilyPadUSB.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    LilyPadUSB.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xce
    LilyPadUSB.bootloader.file=caterina-LilyPadUSB/Caterina-LilyPadUSB.hex
    LilyPadUSB.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    LilyPadUSB.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

LilyPadUSB.build.mcu=atmega32u4
    LilyPadUSB.build.f_cpu=8000000L
    LilyPadUSB.build.vid=0x1B4F
    LilyPadUSB.build.pid=0x9208
    LilyPadUSB.build.usb_product="LilyPad USB"
    LilyPadUSB.build.board=AVR_LILYPAD_USB
    LilyPadUSB.build.core=arduino
    LilyPadUSB.build.variant=leonardo
    LilyPadUSB.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

lilypad.name=LilyPad Arduino

lilypad.upload.tool=avrdude
    lilypad.upload.protocol=arduino

lilypad.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    lilypad.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    lilypad.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

lilypad.build.f_cpu=8000000L
    lilypad.build.board=AVR_LILYPAD
    lilypad.build.core=arduino
    lilypad.build.variant=standard

## LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega328
    ## ----------------------------
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328=ATmega328

lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_size=30720
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.upload.speed=57600

lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex

lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega328.build.mcu=atmega328p

## LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega168
    ## ----------------------------
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168=ATmega168

lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.speed=19200

lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.low_fuses=0xe2
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.file=lilypad/LilyPadBOOT_168.hex

lilypad.menu.cpu.atmega168.build.mcu=atmega168

pro.name=Arduino Pro or Pro Mini

pro.upload.tool=avrdude
    pro.upload.protocol=arduino

pro.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    pro.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    pro.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

pro.build.board=AVR_PRO
    pro.build.core=arduino
    pro.build.variant=eightanaloginputs

## Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328
    ## -------------------------------------------------
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328=ATmega328 (5V, 16 MHz)

pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.upload.maximum_size=30720
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.upload.speed=57600

pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex

pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.build.mcu=atmega328p
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega328.build.f_cpu=16000000L

## Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8 MHz) w/ ATmega328
    ## --------------------------------------------------
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328=ATmega328 (3.3V, 8 MHz)

pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.upload.maximum_size=30720
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.upload.speed=57600

pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex

pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.build.mcu=atmega328p
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega328.build.f_cpu=8000000L

## Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega168
    ## -------------------------------------------------
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168=ATmega168 (5V, 16 MHz)

pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.upload.speed=19200

pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_diecimila.hex

pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.build.mcu=atmega168
    pro.menu.cpu.16MHzatmega168.build.f_cpu=16000000L

## Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8 MHz) w/ ATmega168
    ## --------------------------------------------------
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168=ATmega168 (3.3V, 8 MHz)

pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.upload.speed=19200

pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.bootloader.low_fuses=0xc6
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_pro_8MHz.hex

pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.build.mcu=atmega168
    pro.menu.cpu.8MHzatmega168.build.f_cpu=8000000L

atmegang.name=Arduino NG or older

atmegang.upload.tool=avrdude
    atmegang.upload.protocol=arduino
    atmegang.upload.speed=19200

atmegang.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    atmegang.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    atmegang.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

atmegang.build.mcu=atmegang
    atmegang.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    atmegang.build.board=AVR_NG
    atmegang.build.core=arduino
    atmegang.build.variant=standard

## Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega168
    ## --------------------------------
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168=ATmega168

atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_size=14336
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168.upload.maximum_data_size=1024

atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.high_fuses=0xdd
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x00
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_ng.hex

atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega168.build.mcu=atmega168

## Arduino NG or older w/ ATmega8
    ## ------------------------------
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega8=ATmega8

atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega8.upload.maximum_size=7168
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega8.upload.maximum_data_size=1024

atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega8.bootloader.low_fuses=0xdf
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega8.bootloader.high_fuses=0xca
    atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega8.bootloader.file=atmega8/ATmegaBOOT-prod-firmware-2009-11-07.hex

atmegang.menu.cpu.atmega8.build.mcu=atmega8

robotControl.name=Arduino Robot Control
    robotControl.vid.0=0x2341
    robotControl.pid.0=0x0038
    robotControl.vid.1=0x2341
    robotControl.pid.1=0x8038
    robotControl.vid.2=0x2A03
    robotControl.pid.2=0x0038
    robotControl.vid.3=0x2A03
    robotControl.pid.3=0x8038

robotControl.upload.tool=avrdude
    robotControl.upload.protocol=avr109
    robotControl.upload.maximum_size=28672
    robotControl.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
    robotControl.upload.speed=57600
    robotControl.upload.disable_flushing=true
    robotControl.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
    robotControl.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

robotControl.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    robotControl.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    robotControl.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    robotControl.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xcb
    robotControl.bootloader.file=caterina-Arduino_Robot/Caterina-Robot-Control.hex
    robotControl.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    robotControl.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

robotControl.build.mcu=atmega32u4
    robotControl.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    robotControl.build.vid=0x2341
    robotControl.build.pid=0x8038
    robotControl.build.usb_product="Robot Control"
    robotControl.build.board=AVR_ROBOT_CONTROL
    robotControl.build.core=arduino
    robotControl.build.variant=robot_control
    robotControl.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

robotMotor.name=Arduino Robot Motor
    robotMotor.vid.0=0x2341
    robotMotor.pid.0=0x0039
    robotMotor.vid.1=0x2341
    robotMotor.pid.1=0x8039
    robotMotor.vid.2=0x2A03
    robotMotor.pid.2=0x0039
    robotMotor.vid.3=0x2A03
    robotMotor.pid.3=0x8039

robotMotor.upload.tool=avrdude
    robotMotor.upload.protocol=avr109
    robotMotor.upload.maximum_size=28672
    robotMotor.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
    robotMotor.upload.speed=57600
    robotMotor.upload.disable_flushing=true
    robotMotor.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
    robotMotor.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

robotMotor.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    robotMotor.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
    robotMotor.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
    robotMotor.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xcb
    robotMotor.bootloader.file=caterina-Arduino_Robot/Caterina-Robot-Motor.hex
    robotMotor.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    robotMotor.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

robotMotor.build.mcu=atmega32u4
    robotMotor.build.f_cpu=16000000L
    robotMotor.build.vid=0x2341
    robotMotor.build.pid=0x8039
    robotMotor.build.usb_product="Robot Motor"
    robotMotor.build.board=AVR_ROBOT_MOTOR
    robotMotor.build.core=arduino
    robotMotor.build.variant=robot_motor
    robotMotor.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

gemma.vid.0=0x2341
    gemma.pid.0=0x0c9f

gemma.name=Arduino Gemma

gemma.bootloader.low_fuses=0xF1
    gemma.bootloader.high_fuses=0xD5
    gemma.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xFE
    gemma.bootloader.tool=avrdude
    gemma.bootloader.lock_bits=
    gemma.bootloader.unlock_bits=
    gemma.bootloader.file=gemma/gemma_v1.hex

gemma.build.mcu=attiny85
    gemma.build.f_cpu=8000000L
    gemma.build.core=arduino
    gemma.build.variant=gemma
    gemma.build.board=AVR_GEMMA

gemma.upload.tool=avrdude
    gemma.upload.maximum_size=5310

menu.cpu=Processor

######################################
    ## Sensebender Micro

MysensorsMicro.name=Sensebender Micro

MysensorsMicro.upload.tool=arduino:avrdude
    MysensorsMicro.upload.protocol=arduino
    MysensorsMicro.upload.maximum_size=30720
    MysensorsMicro.upload.maximum_data_size=2048
    MysensorsMicro.upload.speed=57600

MysensorsMicro.bootloader.tool=arduino:avrdude
    MysensorsMicro.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    MysensorsMicro.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F
    MysensorsMicro.bootloader.low_fuses=0xE2
    MysensorsMicro.bootloader.high_fuses=0xD2
    MysensorsMicro.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x06
    MysensorsMicro.bootloader.file=DualOptiboot/optiboot_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex

MysensorsMicro.build.board=AVR_MICRO8
    MysensorsMicro.build.core=arduino:arduino
    MysensorsMicro.build.variant=micro
    MysensorsMicro.build.mcu=atmega328p
    #MysensorsMicro.build.f_cpu=8000000L

MysensorsMicro.menu.cpu.8Mhz=Atmega328 8Mhz
    MysensorsMicro.menu.cpu.8Mhz.build.f_cpu=8000000L 

MysensorsMicro.menu.cpu.1Mhz=Atmega328 1Mhz
    MysensorsMicro.menu.cpu.1Mhz.build.f_cpu=1000000L

I'm using a Mac if it is important.

• Is it possible to use the ftdi or isp vcc / gnd to connect a pir ?
    or do i need to source separate power and gnd for pir ?

• Admin

@gloob
    Maybe a little late, but the Sensebender is now available to be downloaded directly in the IDE using board manager.
    https://github.com/mysensors/ArduinoBoards

@alexeinz
    You can use the same power/ground plane (and any of the digital inputs). Also note that the pir might need to be modified to handle 3v3.
    https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/1088/battery-powered-pir

• @hek ...so to clarify , I can use the VCC and Ground of the ISP portion to power the sensor?
    ( my pir already modded for 3.3 )

• Admin

Yes, it doesn't matter. GND/VCC is the same no matter where you pull it on the board.

• @Anticimex
    @ximinez said:

Looks like it works now, but what's the deal with the initial failed signs? Look at http://pastebin.ca/3585005 (GW side) and http://pastebin.ca/3585014 (Sensor side. Not the same powerup). It starts by failing a lot, then after a while everything looks OK.

I have exactly the same problem with Ethernet GW (Mega + Ethernet shield) + Sensebender:

GW:

0;255;3;0;9;Starting gateway (RNNGAS, 2.0.0-beta)
    0;255;3;0;9;Radio init successful.
    IP: 0.0.0.0
    0;255;3;0;9;Init complete, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    0;255;3;0;9;Skipping security for command 3 type 16
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;Signing backend: ATSHA204Soft
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: 86DEAE1DAF50D577A4E2262B33ABF9DEE05DD8FAF84F94F50900000000000000
    0;255;3;0;9;Transmittng nonce
    0;255;3;0;9;Skipping security for command 3 type 17
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:86DEAE1DAF50D577A4E2262B33ABF9DEE05DD8FAF84F94F509
    0;255;3;0;9;Message is not signed, but it should have been!
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: 5D009DC0245C411DABE519AB62E32B24333CA92BE1BA9EC1CBAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:5D009DC0245C411DABE519AB62E32B24333CA92BE1BA9EC1CB
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: EF67FAAED617A07C4EFC978F44BD41B77A4834BB83581C19FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:EF67FAAED617A07C4EFC978F44BD41B77A4834BB83581C19FF
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: 41D57E19D687AC4EBCC59179C6ADC1E155A252315EB1DF4F89AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:41D57E19D687AC4EBCC59179C6ADC1E155A252315EB1DF4F89
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=3,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: FEBB9B588209F4FAAB95A64FCAD9F4B0E5025356AC4E0935DDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:FEBB9B588209F4FAAB95A64FCAD9F4B0E5025356AC4E0935DD
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;Verification timeout
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: B1E3C1C0EA9829F4B0240246C91DB8B7C29EBB3255D4F6117CAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:B1E3C1C0EA9829F4B0240246C91DB8B7C29EBB3255D4F6117C
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: 92BAB2A723258EA923048423F81DA245F3F932AF64F22C5F40AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:92BAB2A723258EA923048423F81DA245F3F932AF64F22C5F40
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=3,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: B5D717D5B8F0F93A030B0125F273C002AED8DB29AC175C80E4AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:B5D717D5B8F0F93A030B0125F273C002AED8DB29AC175C80E4
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: B2D64F2C3EB1CCBA1250FF88120A8877E3414546D1B209C2AEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:B2D64F2C3EB1CCBA1250FF88120A8877E3414546D1B209C2AE
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;Skipping security for command 3 type 15
    0;255;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;Mark node 3 as one that require signed messages
    0;255;3;0;9;Mark node 3 as one that do not require whitelisting
    0;255;3;0;9;Informing node 3 that we require signatures
    0;255;3;0;9;Informing node 3 that we do not require whitelisting
    0;255;3;0;9;Skipping security for command 3 type 15
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=0,l=2,sg=0,st=ok:
    0;255;3;0;9;Verification timeout
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: 04C65FB99F798197CD5474AE7CC8625595B49655D311173412AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=ok:04C65FB99F798197CD5474AE7CC8625595B49655D311173412
    0;255;3;0;9;Signature in message: 010017891177284094289CCA41F5E3
    0;255;3;0;9;Message to process: 0300560011FF322E302E302D62657461
    0;255;3;0;9;Current nonce: 04C65FB99F798197CD5474AE7CC8625595B49655D311173412AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;HMAC: 37A3D7AFFCD292EAFD64017F9845DD4AD49624C37348B63B87699D273CA5F27F
    0;255;3;0;9;Signature bad: 01A3D7AFFCD292EAFD64017F9845DD
    0;255;3;0;9;Signature verification failed!
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: 66CC761B15338987ABA7DDEB567F78EFA6E32BD0A6895A8EDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=ok:66CC761B15338987ABA7DDEB567F78EFA6E32BD0A6895A8EDD
    0;255;3;0;9;Signature in message: 0127D1050EA18AC0EE1FD1C5C1496AE3772D390F25E4D6B5
    0;255;3;0;9;Message to process: 03000E2306FF00
    0;255;3;0;9;Current nonce: 66CC761B15338987ABA7DDEB567F78EFA6E32BD0A6895A8EDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;HMAC: 69E44BF99E8E4842A47D14C11B849C059B9AD62B40FF8B3BC8F41FE419C032D8
    0;255;3;0;9;Signature bad: 01E44BF99E8E4842A47D14C11B849C059B9AD62B40FF8B3B
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail
    0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: B588F20DC0FFBCCE5B40563F5618901E1F46F5996A90146687AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=ok:B588F20DC0FFBCCE5B40563F5618901E1F46F5996A90146687
    0;255;3;0;9;Signature in message: 01C32806F6BA82E2BA08D8BC47AEAE
    0;255;3;0;9;Message to process: 030056C400FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0300
    0;255;3;0;9;Current nonce: B588F20DC0FFBCCE5B40563F5618901E1F46F5996A90146687AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    0;255;3;0;9;HMAC: B532A92B09B8A52F01630B4FCD29CD4C380317D14FFCEDE34284BDF61C13953D
    0;255;3;0;9;Signature bad: 0132A92B09B8A52F01630B4FCD29CD
    0;255;3;0;9;verify fail

Sensebender:

Starting sensor (RNONAA, 2.0.0-beta)
    Radio init successful.
    Sensebender Micro FW 1.5 - Online!
    Skipping security for command 3 type 16
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    Nonce requested from 0. Waiting...
    Timeout waiting for nonce!
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=17,sg=0,st=ok:Sensebender Micro
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.5
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=1,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=2,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=2,c=0,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=3,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=3,c=0,t=13,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    isMetric: 1
    TempDiff :127.32
    HumDiff  :141.00
    T: 27.32
    H: 41
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=1,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:27.3
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=2,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=1,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,st=ok:41
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=3,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=3,c=1,t=38,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:3.20
    Message to send could not be signed!
    sign fail
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=0,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:92
    OTA FW update enabled
    Signing required
    Skipping security for command 3 type 15
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=0,l=2,sg=0,st=ok:
    Waiting for GW to send signing preferences...
    Skipping security for command 3 type 15
    read: 0-0-3 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:
    Mark node 0 as one that require signed messages
    Mark node 0 as one that do not require whitelisting
    Skipping security for command 3 type 17
    read: 0-0-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0:AC862B6EC2DC2CD7EEF32DD146F7D57DA738137D592460D5E5
    Nonce received from 0. Proceeding with signing...
    Signing backend: ATSHA204
    Message to process: 0300560011FF322E302E302D62657461
    Current nonce: AC862B6EC2DC2CD7EEF32DD146F7D57DA738137D592460D5E5AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HMAC: 65C59C709F8B194B4005D830F86D1F502C0707090C131C5A15356A26C3D72C8E
    Signature in message: 01C59C709F8B194B4005D830F86D1F
    Message signed
    Message to send has been signed
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=10,sg=1,st=ok:2.0.0-beta
    read: 0-0-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0:99C1B06E9EA6E561D7089ECA5AECAD47247C3966848FDA3669
    Message to process: 03000E2306FF00
    Current nonce: 99C1B06E9EA6E561D7089ECA5AECAD47247C3966848FDA3669AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HMAC: 357966889DA8D9414C49B4AF9AACEDF786D05722F50DEE43CE05559514938EB7
    Signature in message: 017966889DA8D9414C49B4AF9AACEDF786D05722F50DEE43
    Message signed
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=1,st=ok:0
    read: 0-0-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0:A45F00D4D8F06B269F8D09928663D2088313BF36C2DCCC78B6
    Message to process: 030056C400FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0300
    Current nonce: A45F00D4D8F06B269F8D09928663D2088313BF36C2DCCC78B6AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HMAC: 3A6645A45367626C11E5FCA20C19B6430DD840300ED79CB7B25097B5FED0897D
    Signature in message: 016645A45367626C11E5FCA20C19B6
    Message signed
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=4,t=0,pt=6,l=10,sg=1,st=ok:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0300
    Init complete, id=3, parent=0, distance=1
    TempDiff :0.12
    HumDiff  :0.50
    TempDiff :0.00
    HumDiff  :0.50
    TempDiff :0.00
    HumDiff  :0.00

There is a lot of "Nonce requested from 0. Waiting..."messages

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1
    I am afraid I have to repeat what I have also said to other on the forum having problems with signing;
    you do not have problems with signing, you have problems with radio (st=fail). As long as you have st=fail, signing will not work reliably. It will not be less secure, but it will not let messages through.

It is easy to suspect singing, because it might very well work better with signing off, but the reason for this is that signing uses the entire maximum message payload, and this makes it "harder" for the radio to send all the bits correctly, thus increasing the chances of a st=fail in case the link is not reliable.

• @Anticimex I agree with you, but I find it interesting that sending a message fails exactly 9 times every time the node starts. I have changed different nrf24l01+ modules, put the transceivers close / far - it made absolutely no influence at all. 9 times st=fail and then everything works as expected.

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 yes, it seem an odd coincidence. But I see nothing that signing can do about it I am afraid. st=fail means a message was not confirmed to get delivered properly and signing can't handle message drops. For security reasons, I have decided to not support retransmissions of nonces. If it can't be delivered, the entire signing session is considered compromised and have to be restarted with the exchange of a new nonce.

• @Anticimex said:

@alexsh1 yes, it seem an odd coincidence.

It is even more interesting that I have zero st=fail after nonce is received .
    I can probably change the GW settings and the channel to make sure this is not causing any issues, but 9 st=fail in the beginning every time is a strange coincidence.

@ximinez Did you manage to get it sorted? How many st=fail do you have in the beginning?
    Anyone else is having similar issues?

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 Perhaps a long stabilization time for a power supply or clock on the node or gw cause it. You could try to add some delays and see if it is time-after-power-on that is the issue or whatever it might be. It is not signing in any case, because it is the node sending that reports st=fail. That is a rf issue. It always is. The nonce has been generated as it should, and the signing backend trusts the transport layer to handle the transmission of the databuffer, and in this case the transport layer reports back that it could not.

• @Anticimex Just an idea - could it be that nonce is not generated in the beginning and requires some time? I'll do some testing tonight

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 No, nonces are being generated:

0;255;3;0;9;SHA256: 86DEAE1DAF50D577A4E2262B33ABF9DEE05DD8FAF84F94F50900000000000000
    0;255;3;0;9;send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=0,st=fail:86DEAE1DAF50D577A4E2262B33ABF9DEE05DD8FAF84F94F509

and the generated nonce is not transmitted correctly (st=fail) due to some transport issue.

• @Anticimex said:

@alexsh1 No, nonces are being generated:

Than I am out of guesses - I cannot explain why st=fail comes up.
    FYG, I tried it without signing and it works just fine. No st=fail.
    There must be something between signing and transportation or transportation after signing?

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 like I said, signing is not in itself the problem. The problem is that big messages are failing. You can just try by generating big messages yourself and you will get the same problem. I know this by looking on what generates st=fail and it is the transport layer. Signing generates the data to be transmitted, and this data is printed and shown to be correct. Bigger messages require more reliable communications. Shorter messages has a better chance of being transmitted correctly. It is that simple. Many have reported the sake issue and have solved it by improving radio power decoupling, rearranging the sensor placement or improve the power supplies.

• @Anticimex said:
    Many have reported the sake issue and have solved it by improving radio power decoupling, rearranging the sensor placement or improve the power supplies.

I tried

1. powering GW/Sensobender from a different source (battery, USB, PSU - 12V in case of GW, 5v in case of sensebender via LDO)

2. swapped a few radios. Most of these are from working nodes with caps soldered. Maybe I should try completely different ones from a different batch? I mixed up three batches with no improvement.

3. Tried to place GW and the sensebender 1m/5m/10m apart

4. GW radio is powered via the AMS1117 3.3v

So far it is the same result. Not sure I can come up with anything obvious unless you can suggest

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 sorry, I have not much else to suggest except experimenting with delays to see if the issue with failed transmissions at node startup can be avoided. I am no specialist on the radio. I'm the security guy and I see no wrong with the behaviour of those parts so I am short of any more useful suggestions I am afraid.

• Admin

@alexsh1

When did you last update the library (on the gw)? @Yveaux recently added a irq-based de-queuing from the radios FIFO. It could help on improving things.

Otherwise the only advice I have is to skip any amplified radio on gateway (if you have) and tweak powering of radio power on gw.

• @Anticimex Well, at least we are fine on the security part ๐Ÿ™‚
    I'll experiment more on the radio part when I have time - why there are only 24h in a day? (rhetorical question)

• @hek said:

@alexsh1

When did you last update the library (on the gw)? @Yveaux recently added a irq-based de-queuing from the radios FIFO. It could help on improving things.

Otherwise the only advice I have is to skip any amplified radio on gateway (if you have) and tweak powering of radio power on gw.

@hek
    I downloaded the dev on 26/05 so it is very recent.
    I have normal radios both ends, but the idea is to have amplified one on the GW as well and change rf24_pa_max. Additionally, I'll try to mix as many radios as I can have. Who knows?

To be honest, things were working OKish before as I took it seriously decoupling radios etc. This voodoo dance around radios really irritates me. Life is too short to waist it - I am now thinking seriously switching to RMF69W or probably to RFM95* (Lora)

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 yesh i have bashed my head on rf24 stability myself and have decided to base my network on rfm69:s instead. Too much chatter @2.4ghz. I hope the 69:s have better range and they also have the bonus of AES encryption in hw if you want to obfuscate the communication some. Signing adds netter security, but the paranoid can combine signing with encryption ๐Ÿ™‚ (yes rf24 can use AES encryption in software, but that cost memory and some overhead instead)

• Whatever I did, did not help to solve st=fail

When I disable signing I have got the following (not a signle st=fail):

Starting sensor (RNONA-, 2.0.0-beta)
    Radio init successful.
    Sensebender Micro FW 1.5 - Online!
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=17,sg=0,st=ok:Sensebender Micro
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.5
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=2,c=0,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=3,c=0,t=13,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    isMetric: 1
    TempDiff :125.61
    HumDiff  :150.00
    T: 25.61
    H: 50
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:25.6
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=1,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,st=ok:50
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=3,c=1,t=38,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:3.09
    send: 3-3-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=0,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:85

I am going to try different channels now with signing

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 yes, without signing your messages are significantly shorter, and thus have a better chance of getting through. You can try experimenting with amplification as well.

• Mod

@Anticimex just a noob question: do you have an idea of the performance penalty of (software) signing? Any benchmark figures?

• Contest Winner

@Yveaux no, sorry have not got around to compare them. But software signing is actually quicker due to the single write bit banging for the atsha204a. One way to see the difference is measuring the delay for an ACK to come back from a node that require signed messages. I have no figures, but a node with software signing responds slightly faster.

• Mod

@Anticimex But is it significantly slower than without any signing?

• Contest Winner

@Yveaux yes. But I know that significant improvements can be made in the nonce whitening. It incrementally calculates a hash which is which is far less efficient than calculate the hash of a buffer. So there are room for improvements. I just wish there were more time, and now my arduinos are packed down so I wont be able to test. But volunteers are welcome, I can still code ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Anticimex said:

@alexsh1 yes, without signing your messages are significantly shorter, and thus have a better chance of getting through. You can try experimenting with amplification as well.

Do you think a message size has anything to do with st=fail?

• Contest Winner

@alexsh1 yes, like I have said here and in other topics, signing often gets the blame for transmission problems because with signing the maximum message buffer is used, and larger messages are more difficult to transmit than short ones. So if you have a poor connection, odds are that a larger message will fail more often than a short one.

• @Anticimex said:

@alexsh1 yes, like I have said here and in other topics, signing often gets the blame for transmission problems because with signing the maximum message buffer is used, and larger messages are more difficult to transmit than short ones. So if you have a poor connection, odds are that a larger message will fail more often than a short one.

I do not think its signing, but I think it is implementation of signing and sending.
    I do not get st=fail after the initial 9 messages not even once. Something is just very-very odd.

• I'm seeing the same failed signings when the device powers up, but it doesn't fail after those.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics