First sensor ... so close but no temp reading



  • Hi all

    have my ethernet gateway up an working ok and talking with the vera plugin. to get started I put together a temp sensor from the instructions on the website and all seemed to be going ok, I got through the pair process and it detected the device and added a new device to the dash.

    serial monitor:

    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=18,st=ok:Temperature Sensor
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,st=ok:1.0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=5,st=ok:1.4.1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:25.4
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:25.1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:25.0

    on the dashboard it has picked up the sketch name etc ok (after a couple of resets on he temp sensor arduino:

    Sketch Name:Temperature SensorSketch Version:1.0Lib Version:1.4.1Parent node:GWLast Update:13:36

    but ....

    I cant find the actual temp reading anywere and the last update time only increases when I reset the temp sensor arduino, I have checked the advanced tab / variable tab and dont see any values relating to the temp reading im seeing on the serial monitor.
    Ii tailed the luaUPNP log on the vera and at the same time I saw the temp read 25.0 on the serial monitor I saw this on the luaUPNP log:

    52 03/15/15 13:38:40.856 0x31 0x3b 0x30 0x3b 0x31 0x3b 0x30 0x3b 0x30 0x3b 0x32 0x35 0x2e 0x30 (1;0;1;0;0;25.0) <0x72eb6520>
    50 03/15/15 13:38:40.856 luup_log:53: Arduino: Set variable: 1;0;1;0;0;25.0 <0x72eb6520>

    so the vera seems to be receiving the reading ok.

    im using a vera edge ui: 1.7.1018

    my sensor plugin show: Plugin Version:1.4Lib Version: 1.4.1

    any help gratefully received 🙂

    Pete



  • update ... it works

    so the 3rd time of going in stripping all the plugin files out rebooting and then going through the process again I managed to get a temp reading and its actually seeing it as a temp sensor rather than as I now understand was a generic device.

    im not 100% sure what fixed it but the main thing I changed on the 3rd try was entering I_Arduino1.xml in iml_file fields under the advanced settings on the gateway (i saw this mentioned in a couple of posts) I did this before trying to include my temp sensor and then after that it included fine and all working so something to try if anyone runs into a similar issue

    Pete



  • I had the same problem... I just added the I_Arduino1.xml to the gateway as you suggested and it worked! Thanks.
    --Steve


 

406
Online

8.1k
Users

9.0k
Topics

95.3k
Posts