Ethernet gateway troubleshooting advice

• Contest Winner

My "option 4" attempt is progressing well.
    True-to-the-topic a good troubleshooting advice is to lower the speed of the SPI bus. When working on a breadboard, and having multiple devices on the SPI bus, the capacitive load starts to affect the clock and data lines.
    Patching

SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV2);

to

SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV4);

lowers the clock speed and provides a more reliable signalling (confirmed with logic analyzer).
    I do not think the change is needed on "sharp" boards, but it seem indeed to help when having a bread-board that resembles something from greek mythology 🙂

• Contest Winner

My fix for W5100 is now available on the development branch.

@Zeph:

I do not know if the W5200 or W5500 chips have the same problem.

Checked the W5500 datasheet and read:

TCHZ - SCSn High to Output Hi-Z - 2.1 ns

So it looks like the W5500 does not have this problem.

since the W5100 does not tristate the MISO line when deselected but SPI_EN is still high

If this is true then even using SPI_EN instead or in combination with /SCS does not really enable using another SPI slave in combination with the W5100 ...

• Contest Winner

@daulagari said:

So it looks like the W5500 does not have this problem.

since the W5100 does not tristate the MISO line when deselected but SPI_EN is still high

If this is true then even using SPI_EN instead or in combination with /SCS does not really enable using another SPI slave in combination with the W5100 ...

Yes it does, since driving SPI_EN low makes W5100 release MISO.
    SPI_EN is not a signal to be used "instead of" SCS. It is a completly independent signal that enables or disables the use of the SPI bus on the W5100. SCS is used "in" the SPI bus for selecting W5100 as sender/receiver.

So a solution to the problem is to make sure SPI_EN is driven low, every time another SPI slave is being used.

Some designs fix this issue for the W5100 by driving SPI_EN from SCS via an inverter - I've seen circuits with a nand gate and with a FET and resistor. I believe the WizNet folks suggested that option. It could also be handled with a modified library by driving SPI_EN from another uC pin and disabling SPI_EN (low) whenever driving SCS high.(say if you were using a WIZ810 which has both W5100 pins exposed). Most shield tie SPI_EN to Vcc tho, so you'd have to cut a trace to fix them.

• Anticimex, thanks, your fix works. I am using uno R3 with Wiznet5100 shield. I am able to control relays and receive sensors data. I can also ping ethernet gateway.
    There seems to be just a minor glitch. though. When I connect uno via usb cable to computer to monitor serial messages I never get "0;0;4;11;Arduino startup complete" message.

Has this been removed? It doesn't seem to affect functionality anyway.

• Contest Winner

@niccodemi nice to hear. DEBUG might be switched of in MyConfig.h

• This post is deleted!

• Howdy. Been trying to follow/implement the Soft SPI fix for this. I appreciate everything so far. I'm not a coder, so try to follow instructions closely, but seem to have messed this up. I'm using a R3 Uno with Ethernet Shield. There seems to be several parts to this fix, but I'm getting error messages now. Did get the original to work, but it would freeze up as described.

First what I did to fix, perhaps I missed something. This is all I did, so please don't assume I would know to do something:

1. Installed Arduino 1.5.8 IDE
    2. Installed Anticimex's "fix for W5100" from the "development branch" into my Arduino folder on computer
    3. Opened RF24_config.h in a text editor. Uncommented the line #define SOFTSPI
    4. In Gateway sketch, added #include <DigitalIO.h>
    5. Disabled the debug feature in MyConfig.h
    6. Moved the gw.begin after the delay(1000) (not sure if I got this right since I don't code. Here is snippet of what I have now in sketch:

// give the Ethernet interface a second to initialize
    delay(1000);

// Initialize gateway at maximum PA level, channel 70 and callback for write operations 

gw.begin(incomingMessage, 0, true, 0);
    w5100_spi_en(true);

However, I now get the following errors:

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:12:0:
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.h:39:28: error: 'DEFAULT_CE_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    MyGateway(uint8_t _cepin=DEFAULT_CE_PIN, uint8_t _cspin=DEFAULT_CS_PIN, uint8_t _inclusion_time = 1, uint8_t _inclusion_pin = 3, uint8_t _rx=6, uint8_t _tx=5, uint8_t _er=4);
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.h:39:59: error: 'DEFAULT_CS_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    MyGateway(uint8_t _cepin=DEFAULT_CE_PIN, uint8_t _cspin=DEFAULT_CS_PIN, uint8_t _inclusion_time = 1, uint8_t _inclusion_pin = 3, uint8_t _rx=6, uint8_t _tx=5, uint8_t _er=4);
    ^
    In file included from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:12:0:
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.h:42:36: error: 'RF24_PA_LEVEL_GW' was not declared in this scope
    void begin(rf24_pa_dbm_e paLevel=RF24_PA_LEVEL_GW, uint8_t channel=RF24_CHANNEL, rf24_datarate_e dataRate=RF24_DATARATE, void (dataCallback)(char )=NULL);
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp: In constructor 'MyGateway::MyGateway(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:27:167: error: no matching function for call to 'MySensor::MySensor(uint8_t&, uint8_t&)'
    MyGateway::MyGateway(uint8_t _cepin, uint8_t _cspin, uint8_t _inclusion_time, uint8_t _inclusion_pin, uint8_t _rx, uint8_t _tx, uint8_t _er) : MySensor(_cepin, _cspin) {
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:27:167: note: candidates are:
    In file included from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.h:15:0,
    from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:12:
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MySensor.h:79:2: note: MySensor::MySensor()
    MySensor();
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MySensor.h:79:2: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 2 provided
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MySensor.h:70:7: note: MySensor::MySensor(const MySensor&)
    class MySensor
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MySensor.h:70:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp: In member function 'void MyGateway::begin(rf24_pa_dbm_e, uint8_t, rf24_datarate_e, void (
    )(char
    ))':
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:76:39: error: no matching function for call to 'MyGateway::setupRadio(rf24_pa_dbm_e&, uint8_t&, rf24_datarate_e&)'
    setupRadio(paLevel, channel, dataRate);
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:76:39: note: candidate is:
    In file included from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.h:15:0,
    from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:12:
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MySensor.h:238:7: note: void MySensor::setupRadio()
    void setupRadio();
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MySensor.h:238:7: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 3 provided
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:77:36: error: 'BASE_RADIO_ID' was not declared in this scope
    RF24::openReadingPipe(WRITE_PIPE, BASE_RADIO_ID);
    ^
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors\MyGateway.cpp:79:23: error: cannot call member function 'void RF24::startListening()' without object
    RF24::startListening();
    ^
    Error compiling.

Welcome any help. Thanks much.

@karenbobiv When I redid my gateway, I just downloaded the latest version of the regular my sensors library which already includes all that is need for soft spi and used the ehternet gateway sketch from the library. Did not use the "fix for W5100." Did not move the gw.begin. Need to include Digital.IO in gateway sketch as you did. Also make sure you define the include statement for using the W5100 version of the ethernet (if I remember right the other one is the default). Also note that the some of the wiring of the radio to the UNO is different in soft spi--see anticmex's directions which include some numbers that need to be changed in the radio file plus defining soft spi as you did.

At any rate, those are library errors so that's why suggested you download and use the latest basic library.

• Thanks for the help Dan. I've been at this for almost 12 solid hrs. I reloaded the IDE environment and the mysensors library, so all that is fresh. I've got the sketch loading without error, but don't think I'm getting the wiring of the radio and the radio file right at all. Can't get to ping either. I'm using the Uno R3 and the shield. Could you provide more detail please on how you did it? Thanks.

I used these instructions from anticimex:

Patch RF24_config.h to enable softspi, uncomment
    //#define SOFTSPI
    and select pins to use with
    const uint8_t SOFT_SPI_MISO_PIN = 15;
    const uint8_t SOFT_SPI_MOSI_PIN = 14;
    const uint8_t SOFT_SPI_SCK_PIN = 16;
    The setting above mean MOSI on A0, MISO on A1 and SCK on A2 on an Arduino Nano.

So when you use soft spi and and change the statements in RF24_config.h as above, the wires for mosi, miso and sck as shown in the ethernet radio diagram are changed and go to A0, A1 and A2 respectively on the UNO (be careful not getting miso and mosi mixed). you need to get the gateway started message from the serial monitor rather than the check wires message to proceed. Recommend you take a break and hit it tomorrow--I know how I got when going though this. Mine is still working going on over 3 days now without a hitch. Also make sure you have the ip and port address entered in the advanced tab of the plugin on the vera when you are ready to finally hook it up, otherwise vera will give you a luup error.

• Dan, which mysensors library did you use. Master or development?

• Admin

The SOftSPI enable RF24 and DigitalIO library has been added to master a few days ago. You should probably not use "development" at the moment.

• I noticed something was different. About 8 days ago I was able to get Uno r3 and w5100 shield work using development library, which has just been updated by anticimex. gateway ran for a week without issues except i was not able to control relay nodes. Yesterday I downloaded master and development libraries. With Master i can get gateway to communicate with vera but when I press include button radio comms stop. i also tried development library. modified as per dan and anticimex instructions and not modified. in both cases i can upload sketch but then i do not get any serial communication and also pinging gateway does not work.

@niccodemi I should mention that in the new master there is a comment in the gateway code that says:

"Remove UIPEthernet include below and include Ethernet.h." In other words the default is not Wiznet. If you don't change the default (which I didn't at first) then you will have a commo problem since it is for ENC28J60 shield.

• @Dan-S. thanks but I have been aware of that. I will try to patch Master library as per your advice. Btw do you use any sensor node with your gateway? Do you use w5100 module or shield? Mine is same as
    on this site

@niccodemi I am using a genuine arduino uno and arduino ethernet shield which is similar to the one you reference, but don't think that should make any difference if you are using soft spi. Currently I have a light sensor and a temp/humidity sensor reporting to the gateway and all are working fine. Plan to expand more now that it is working so dependably.

• @Dan-S. Thanks much. After a good night sleep I gave it another try. Made changes, reloaded script, and got the Gateway started message in the serial monitor. I can also ping the GW. However, in the "nothing is ever easy" category, now it won't include my temperature sensors. I attached the temperature sensors to the serial monitor and get the following:

sensor started, id 1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=3,st=fail:1.4
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,st=fail:0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=18,st=fail:Temperature Sensor
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,st=fail:1.0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=3,st=fail:1.4
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=3,st=fail:1.4
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=3,st=fail:1.4
    send: 1-1-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,st=fail:
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:74.3
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:83.7
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:73.0

Tried inclusion lots of times. Unplugged and plugged in power for sensor network when I did that to try to get the "handshake." Likely a comedy of errors on my part, but I can't see what's wrong now. Thanks.

• Unplugged the GW and plugged back in as part of effort to diagnose and now I can't ping it and it's not talking to plugin. I checked it with serial monitor and it still shows GW Startup. Not sure what to try now.

I always interpreted the GW startup message to mean that the radio part of the gateway is working. So you've made good progress. When you start it up and plug it into the network, what happens when you hit reload on Vera. If it reloads with no errors, I always took that to mean that the ethernet part is working and the gateway is talking to Vera. For push the include button on the vera plugin and for as long as the inclusion person lasts continue to start and restart the sensor until the plugin says it is detected. Sometimes takes a couple of tries. But your posting of the sensor messages says the gateway is not talking to the sensor. But first you need to get it included and it may take a few tries. Hope this helps.

• @Dan-S. Not sure why, but can ping again and talking with plugin. Interesting development. I noted that the sensor appeared to talk to GW (st=ok?) and when I saw that I tried to include, but then it would switch back to st=fail and wouldn't include. Did this several times. Building another simple temp sensor to try that.

send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:73.6
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.6
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.9
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.8
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.5
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.6
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:73.5
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.5
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.7
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:73.8
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:73.3
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.8
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=2,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=ok:73.5

• I was able to add the Node, but no sensors show up. Do I need to reload the sketch for the temp sensor now that I switched to the soft SPI? Does that sketch change somehow? Tried to reload temp sketch on the node, but got this error. DigitalIO.h is in the library.

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

In file included from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:28:0,
    from DallasTemperatureSensor.ino:2:
    C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/utility/RF24.h:20:23: fatal error: DigitalIO.h: No such file or directory
    #include <DigitalIO.h>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    Error compiling.

• Admin

You should only enable SoftSPI when compiling the ethernet gateway. Change it back when this has been done and you want to build your sensors.

• I used latest Master library this time and patched RF24_config.h (enabled SoftSPI and changed pins), included DigitalIO. Sketch uploaded successfully, I get "gateway startup" message and I can ping it. Vera also communicates with gateway (lib version shows up, inclusion buttons work). Then I tried to include two independent nodes / sensors : distance and relay. I can only include relay node (no light button) and distance sensor (no node). I tried several times. Gateway always receives radio message but somehow doesn't relay all info to Vera? I rebuilt sensors with latest Master library (with softspi disabled). What else should I try?

• Admin

@niccodemi

Could you post serial monitor debug messages from gateway (maybe easiest when plugged into computer). Then restart a sensor to get some traffic.

• @hek see below, I included relay node, tried several times, only 1 device added (node, no relay button)

0;0;3;0;14;Gateway startup complete.
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=1,t=13,pt=2,l=2:5
    3;1;1;0;13;5
    0;0;3;0;2;Get Version
    0;0;3;0;2;1.4
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=1,t=13,pt=2,l=2:21
    3;1;1;0;13;21
    0;0;3;0;5;1
    0;0;3;0;5;1
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=3:1.4
    4;255;0;0;18;1.4
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1:0
    4;255;3;0;6;0
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1:0
    4;255;3;0;6;0
    4;255;0;0;18;1.4
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-1-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=3:1.4
    4;255;0;0;18;1.4
    4;255;3;0;6;0
    4;255;3;0;6;0
    0;0;3;0;5;0
    0;0;3;0;5;0
    0;0;3;0;2;Get Version
    0;0;3;0;2;1.4
    4;255;0;0;18;1.4
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-1-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=3:1.4
    4;255;0;0;18;1.4
    4;255;3;0;6;0
    4;255;3;0;6;0
    4;255;3;0;6;M
    0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-1-4 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,st=fail:M
    4;255;3;0;6;M
    0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-1-4 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,st=fail:M
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=5:Relay
    4;255;3;0;11;Relay
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3:1.0
    4;255;3;0;12;1.0
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=3:1.4
    4;1;0;0;3;1.4

• Admin

Looks like the sends is failing.

@Anticimex told me he was investigating send-fails that evidently started when the updated RF24-with-SOFTSPI was introduced a couple of weeks ago.

Hmm... somehow this new version could be affecting this. If rolling back would mean you'd lose SOFT-SPI-option.

@Anticimex: Did you locate the problem?

• Admin

Something fishy is definitely going on: This is the log from a relay actuator I just hooked up.

send: 5-5-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=3,st=ok:1.4
    read: 5-1-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=3:1.4

After the last send it finds messages (the last 3) which gateway not should have sent. Almost as the gateways hardware ack-messages is picked up by the sensor as regular messages.

You might wanna roll back until the root cause of the is found.

Pinging @TMRh20Projects here also.

This is the commit that is causing the problem: https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/commit/2fd948fc6667460961194040bef635d25b4dfd8b

• Admin

I think I've found the problem and a patch has been check in to master branch. So @niccodemi download the latest and try again please.

@marceltrapman this might be related to some the problems you experiences earlier as well.

• Mod

@hek said:

@marceltrapman this might be related to some the problems you experiences earlier as well.

I would be really happy when my case is solved as well with this.
    Do I have to reload gateway, repeater, sensor or all sketches?

• Admin

Yes, as it is related to acks both gateway and sensors is affected, But it does not solve the fetch-id-through-repeater problem we also discussed.
    I really encourage people to update if they are running code from 10:th of september and after.

• Contest Winner

I have not yet had opportunity to dig. Is the problem already identified and solved?

• Admin

@Anticimex

Yes, I think it is solved. The problem was there even before the RF24 update but it didn't manifest itself as much.

• Contest Winner

@hek great. I'll verify tonight. I have a setup that easily reproduces the problem.

• Admin

I had to update master as it is a show-stopper-bug.

Since it is a change to Mysensor.cpp, then I assume all sketches are the same but every sketch that uses Mysensor.cpp (which is all sensors and the gateway) need to be compiled/uploaded again after downloading the new library?

• Admin

• Contest Winner

@hek Sorry to report that it does not resolve the ACK-issue. I still have the same phenomenon.

EDIT: Forgot to update GW as well. It works flawlessly 🙂

Gateway and sensors updated. Running fine.

• @hek I tested with updated library and I can confirm that relay actuator and distance sensor work ok.

• I was able to get the GW up and added the temp sensors finally. Thanks for the help. 🙂

@karenbobiv Congratulations!!!

• so is there a 1.4.1 coming out? 🙂

@p0lar The 1.4 version at github contains the updates. I guess the version number was not incremented.
    I would also like to see version number change if the code changed so it would be possible to know what version you are actually on. There might be a few different 1.4 versions in use at the moment and this is not good when it comes to supporting people when they have problems.

• Admin

Ok you got a tag/version update now. 😉

• @hek , ethernet gateway with relay actuator worked fine until today when I updated gateways and nodes to 1.4.1. I know this latest update was supposed to be just name change but now I cannot control actuator anymore. Ethernet gateway has amplified radio which is powered separately (common ground). On the other hand, usb gateway works fine. Ethernet gateway seems to be receiving ok but sending fails. Below is serial print

4;255;3;0;6;0
      4;255;3;0;6;M
      0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-4-4 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,st=fail:M
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=14:Relay & Button
      4;255;3;0;11;Relay & Button
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3:1.0
      4;255;3;0;12;1.0
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 4-4-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=5:1.4.1
      4;1;0;0;3;1.4.1
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 1-1-0 s=0,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5:55.6
      1;0;1;0;1;55.6
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=1,t=13,pt=2,l=2:18
      3;1;1;0;13;18
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=1,t=13,pt=2,l=2:19
      3;1;1;0;13;19
      4;1;1;1;2;1
      0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-4-4 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,st=fail:1
      4;1;1;1;2;0
      0;0;3;0;9;send: 0-0-4-4 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,st=fail:0
      4;1;1;1;2;1
      4;1;1;1;2;0
      4;1;1;1;2;1
      4;1;1;1;2;0
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 1-1-0 s=0,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5:55.0
      1;0;1;0;1;55.0
      4;1;1;1;2;1
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 1-1-0 s=0,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5:14105.6
      1;0;1;0;1;14105.6
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 1-1-64 s=2,c=1,t=11,pt=2,l=2:2
      0;0;3;0;9;send: 1-0-0-64 s=2,c=1,t=11,pt=2,l=2,st=fail:2
      0;0;3;0;9;read: 1-1-0 s=1,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5:32.6

• @korttoma thanks, I saw that thread (even replied there) and did everything that was suggested. My ethernet gateway is running fine with all sensors except relay actuators.

• Plugin Developer

have noticed the same here. Upgrading the Gateway to 1.4.1 would receive from Relay-actuator 1.4 fine but The relay-actuator wouldn't receive messages sent by gw.
    Upgrading the actor to 1.4.1 MySensors lib did solve the issue.

• Plugin Developer

btw: I did improve reconnect of Ethernet-gw: http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/572/improved-ethernet-gateway

• @ntruchsess are you using serial or ethernet gw? I still have issues with relays and ethernet gw (W5100). Have you tested ENC28J60 with new code and 1.4.1 library?

• Plugin Developer

that test was using Ethernet-gw on wiz5100 shield. Enc28j60 not tested (yet)

• Sorry for the huge kick.. But I seem to have the same ethernet gateway as TS. His his wire diagram valid?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics