Motion Sensing sketch which is also a repeater

• Hey!

I continue to have fun playing around with these sensors 🙂 I have built a wall plug which is powered by 240V and then reduced to 5v to power my motion sensor. I think I have a problem though... I have never had any issues with my Vera 3, but about an hour after powering up this sensor I had my first issue with Vera and I had to reboot it. I think it might be my sketch sending too much info, and I was wondering if someone could review it for me?

https://codebender.cc/sketch:76040

One thing I did forget is to add the "Repeater Node" on line 18, so now that it is added I haven't tested it yet, but something tells me that it is not the issue.

• Admin

Looks ok,

What does the serial monitor say? Is it spewing out debug prints?

• @hek said:

What does the serial monitor say? Is it spewing out debug prints?

It crashes. That was my first indication that someone was wrong... I always have my sensors connected to my computer when I put them through their initial inclusion with Vera, and when I did this the monitor brought up a couple lines and then froze. Even after resetting the board nothing would come up. It also only brought up one device on Vera rather than two... I did forget to write "Repeater Node" in line 18 originally, so could that be the whole reason to my issue maybe?

Anyways, I'm off to work now but will test again when I get home tonight 🙂

• Admin

sendSketchInfo takes 3 arguments.
    First two is name and version string. Last is a boolean which indicates if you want ack back.

http://www.mysensors.org/build/sensor_api#the-full-api

I have no idea what is going to happen if you set a string as third argument.
    The two first information strings is never interpreted anywhere. They are just shown as-is on the controller side.

• Hey guys,

I was justing wondering, is there a way to deactivate the motion sensor if not being used? Eg: My motion sensors are connected to Homeseer and they show up as sensors but I was wondering if I could have an ON / OFF control to deactivate or active the motion as needed.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics