I decided to fix the broken trace I so naively destroyed while breaking the power LED out with a screwdriver. The image from @tripy really helped to figure out which trace I actually broke. It helped a lot to desolder the voltage regulator as well, leaving me with pads I can solder to. I left the regulator out after the repair since I am running the thing from 5V USB.
With the regulator out of the way the correct pad was easily identified.
Maybe someone else finds this useful, definitly saved my kitchen lighting project today
I have finally gotten back to this project and created a working sketch that communicates with my Vera controller. I have this set up as a 3 button on/off (6 switches on the board) and have that working successfully with Vera. I also have my Vera sending temperature data back to the OLED display. It alternates between the outside temp and room temp for my master bedroom where the switch is located. I have posted the Arduino sketch under source code here.