Multiple RFM69 networks / gateways in range

• Hello,

I have been running Domoticz controller with MySensors gateway (RPI with RFM69 radio connected on GPIO and mysgw) successfully for years. Now it is time to swap to new hardware (Odroid M1). I want to test RFM69 radio connected on GPIO + mysgw on new hardware prior to boxswap.

Is it possible to create another RFM69 network on new hardware, just for the test, while my current RFM69 network keeps running on current gateway/controller?

There is no such option for RFM69 to define other channel like i.e. it is possible for RF24 but I found, I can define different MY_RFM69_NETWORKID. How can I change network id for gateway (mysgw)? Do I have to change MY_RFM69_NETWORKID in MyConfig.h before compiling mysgw? (I know for arduino sensor nodes it is possible to change network id in sketch).

Thanks!

• I will answer myself 😉 after some testing done today:

How can I change network id for gateway (mysgw)?

It is possible to change MY_RFM69_NETWORKID for mysgw by exporting CPPFLAGS variable with the option set before running ./configure:

example:

export CPPFLAGS='-DMY_RFM69_NETWORKID="101"'
    ./configure --my-gateway=serial --my-transport=rfm69 --my-rfm69-frequency=868 --my-is-rfm69hw --my-serial-is-pty --my-serial-port=/dev/ttyUSB-MysGW --my-serial-groupname=dialout
    make

Is it possible to create another RFM69 network on new hardware, just for the test, while my current RFM69 network keeps running on current gateway/controller?

As soon as I started another RFM69 gateway (mysgw) on new hw, even with different network id (101), most of the sensors connected to my other (production) gateway running on old hw with default network id (100) stopped communicating... so it seems it is not possible to run multiple RFM69 gateways in the same range (on the same freq).

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics