Mysensors Gateway on OrangePi (Zero) (opi)

• Hi All!,

I am currently trying to build the mysensors gateway on the OrangePI Zero, However it seems that tahe NRF24L01 radio is not supported. and the SPI.h is missing on the OPI.
    Everything works like a charm on the RaspberryPI.

Has anyone already managed to use the mysgw on the orange PI?

The OS i use is ARMBIAN. and MySensors 2.1.0

Erorrs:
    In file included from examples_linux/mysgw.cpp:74:0:
    ./MySensors.h:258:2: error: #error No support for nRF24 radio on this platform
    #error No support for nRF24 radio on this platform
    ^
    In file included from ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:23:0,
    from ./MySensors.h:294,
    from examples_linux/mysgw.cpp:74:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.h:52:17: fatal error: SPI.h: No such file or directory
    #include <SPI.h>

Really like MySensors, great piece of software!!

Thanks in advance for any response!

Kind regards,

Tag

• Hi,

I just ordered a Opi Plus 2e for usage as a controller + nRF24 PCB. Since you have a zero and my device is not here yet I can only give you some theoretical thoughts:

First error: this should be easily fixable, but it involves modifiying code.
    Second error: needs a bit more work, because SPI.h is specifically written for RPi, which has different hardware than OPi. I will develop something for my Plus 2e and this could work for you too 🙂

Without coding experience it will be very difficult to achieve anything here...

• @Tag
    I agree to open a new thread specifically to try to run Mysensor on Orange PI.

With some help here from Mysensors coders I belive is possible to make it work soon.

As a summary I think that you can already make several tests that yesterday were suggested by @marceloaqno and @aanden @hausinger and in the general all OPI users for post of support to the installation of mysgw to see the result of the same and evaluate if these produce some progress in the solution.

I have some rage at not being able to do them test myself and help much bettter, but I am away from home during these days and I have no possibility.

In any case try to summarize what would be convenient to try on first place if can detect nrf24 module with RF24 driver, as suggested yesterday by @marceloaqno:

The configure script from MySensor repo is based on the https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24/blob/master/configure.

Could you try with theTMRh20 master branch and post the result?

Git clone https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24.git
    Cd RF24
    ./configure
    Make

As reference that maybe can help too below post about install NRF24 module on OPI and Armbian, that they finally make work the board:
    https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/3161-orange-pi-one-with-nrf24l01/

Regards

• @jirm said:

Git clone https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24.git

Hi!,

I can confirm that i can build the RF24 from TMRh20 without any errors..

root@orangepizero:~# git clone https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24.git
    Cloning into 'RF24'...
    remote: Counting objects: 3041, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done.
    remote: Total 3041 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 3033
    Receiving objects: 100% (3041/3041), 1.32 MiB | 835.00 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (1795/1795), done.
    Checking connectivity... done.
    root@orangepizero:~# cd RF24/
    root@orangepizero:~/RF24# ./configure
    [SECTION] Detecting arm compilation environment.
    [OK] arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc detected.
    [OK] arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ detected.
    [SECTION] Detecting target machine.
    [OK] machine detected: SoC=H3, Type=unknown, CPU=armv7l.
    [SECTION] Detecting DRIVER
    [OK] DRIVER detected:SPIDEV.
    [SECTION] Detecting OS.
    [INFO] OS detected:LINUX.
    [SECTION] Preparing configuration.
    [SECTION] Saving configuration.
    [SECTION] Cleaning previous builds.
    [OK] Finished.
    root@orangepizero:~/RF24# make
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c RF24.cpp
    /tmp/ccMd5F0g.s: Assembler messages:
    /tmp/ccMd5F0g.s:3924: Warning: IT blocks containing 32-bit Thumb instructions are deprecated in ARMv8
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/spi.cpp
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/gpio.cpp
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/compatibility.c
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/interrupt.c
    [Linking]
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -shared -Wl,-soname,librf24.so.1 -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -o librf24.so.1.2.0 RF24.o spi.o gpio.o compatibility.o interrupt.o
    root@orangepizero:~/RF24#

Unfortunately i do not have that much experience with coding... but i can try to help as much as possible by testing.....

Anyway many thanks for all your help!!

kind regards,

Tag

• @pansen said:

is should be easily fixable, but it involves modifiying code.
    Second error: needs a bit more work, because SPI.h is specifically written for RPi, which has different hardware than OPi.

Thanks!!

• Hi @pansen
    Totally agree that is needed modify mysensors code (at least some files of mysgw installation process) to make work it on OPI board. But I'm little more optimistic with that because some coder here ( @marceloaqno ??? ) sure would help mostly if only is needed include the changes on code but we can offer he all the workaround about issues we found and tested all the code that can avoid the problems.
    About SPI.h , of course we need provide tested the proper all OPI librarys that differ from Raspi.
    Regard this I´m figure that the SPI library is included in the driver for NRF24 (Tmr20h) that @aand some days ago feedback is working fine on OPI.
    If so then only will be need changed this library to de mysgw installation process when a OPI board is detected.

See you

• @Tag
    I see... Then we have a driver installed properly on OPI from where Mysensors gateway are derived that they use. So agree this issue seems easily fixable on mysensors code.
    Can you now that have a NRF24 driver installed try follow the step by step mysgw installation process ( https://www.mysensors.org/build/raspberry ) and post here what happens ?

I figure that SPI library (for OPI) is needed too for the master driver TMR20h, so seems is only needed adapt the mysgw code to use this when the OPI board are detected.
    I belive this next too lines extracted from your test say SPI is well detected and ready:

I think banana boards are in the exact same situation than OPI (yesterday someone run the same tests in Banana board and have the same result) and maybe is easy can include both at same time on Mysensors.

Now is matter that any mysensors coder can ear our call and help us to deal with mysensors code

See you

• @jirm said:

sure would help mostly if only is needed include the changes on code but we can offer he all the workaround about issues we found and tested all the code that can avoid the problems.
    About SPI.h , of course we need provide tested the proper all OPI librarys that differ from Raspi.
    Regard this I´m figure that the SPI library is included in the driver for NRF24 (Tmr20h) that @aand some days ago feedback is working fine on OPI.
    If so then only will be need changed this library to de mysgw installation process when a OPI board is detected.

Agreed! The way I see it too is that we just need to swap RPi SPI library with the OPi implementation (SPIDEV by the looks) or write a wrapper that looks the same to mysensors. I'm raging too because I won't get my board before a few weeks...Tmr20h's git code should be good to see if the NRF24 board actually works at all. Programmingwise I'd create a new compiler flag, identifying the host computer as an OPi and then from there...I am new to community projects, could a fork easily be merged back into the master branch? What's the procedure for mysensors?

• Hi @pansen, yes no seems so much tricky and will need so much effort to make the proper changes to Mysensors code for install on OPI (and Banana) , but that is only matter that main code developers here that are maintaining this code like do that but in this moment I don't know what is in the developer's "brain" about include support for other boards than RPI....so like I said before we only can ask they and purpose include their support for OPI board and see what will happen.

I'm too not a software coder, so can reply properly about coding and her methods and best practices but anyone can always "purpose" the changes to the responsible developers directly on through the github repository of the concrete software (similar to report issues, purpose improvements, etc...) and then if approved by developers they make the changes to the code.

Of course always anyone can fork the github (if is licence allowed) and make another branch/project to fits its own purposes.

Regards.

• @pansen Yes...This is a pull purpose to support Banana.
    If you see yesterday messages on support post for Mysensors RPI Gateway, you can see some test for that guy @eyesoft and I like see this ended in that purpose on github. That's I would mean about all that before.

We can do the same about OPI boards because we are in exactly same situation and have the same test than Banana completed.

Generally speaking all this is I refer in my last post here.

Regards

• @jirm ah yes, sorry, I oversaw that. Digging more into what you wrote, git and the forum it looks liek there is some progress. See also @marceloaqno fork: https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors/commit/8ae05ac79b5b603754350fe0ac8b96b0ad2ab9b7?diff=split

• @pansen
    Yes...the test that @eyessoft did were indicated by @marceloaqno that is a developer on mysensors...so I suppose he are over it to solve.
    I hope @marceloaqno (that knows about OPI issue and yesterday he too try help us with OPI) don't forget us and help to make work OPI too.
    But we need some guy with OPI board ( @Tag ?? ) that in short time can follow the developer indications and run the test he purpose for debug and test when he are modifying the code .

So that's where we are for now...

Regards

• @Tag, @pansen
    I insist that I think that it would be very good if whatever ( @Tag ?? ) that has an OPI in place tried to run the mysgw install again and see what errors appear just after compile NRF24 driver, now that we know the TRM20h driver is working.
    With this test we could try to transfer the result to @marceloqano (or any developer available here) to try to also modify the mysensors code for OPI.

Regards

• Hi Guys,
    Sure, just let me know what to test.... The OPI is up and running 🙂

Sofar this is what i did:

Install the NRF24 driver:
    oot@orangepizero:~# git clone https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24.git
    Cloning into 'RF24'...
    remote: Counting objects: 3041, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done.
    remote: Total 3041 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 3033
    Receiving objects: 100% (3041/3041), 1.32 MiB | 835.00 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (1795/1795), done.
    root@orangepizero:~# cd RF24/
    root@orangepizero:~/RF24# ./configure
    [SECTION] Detecting arm compilation environment.
    [OK] arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc detected.
    [OK] arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ detected.
    [SECTION] Detecting OS.
    [INFO] OS detected:LINUX.
    [SECTION] Preparing configuration.
    [OK] Finished.
    root@orangepizero:~/RF24# make
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c RF24.cpp
    /tmp/ccMd5F0g.s: Assembler messages:
    /tmp/ccMd5F0g.s:3924: Warning: IT blocks containing 32-bit Thumb instructions are deprecated in ARMv8
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/spi.cpp
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/gpio.cpp
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/compatibility.c
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -fPIC -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -c utility/SPIDEV/interrupt.c
    [Linking]
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -shared -Wl,-soname,librf24.so.1 -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -Ofast -Wall -pthread -o librf24.so.1.2.0 RF24.o spi.o gpio.o compatibility.o interrupt.o

root@orangepizero:~/RF24# make install
    [Installing Libs to /usr/local/lib]
    [Installing Headers to /usr/local/include/RF24]

MySensors:

root@orangepizero:~# git clone https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors.git
    Cloning into 'MySensors'...
    remote: Counting objects: 13768, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done.
    remote: Total 13768 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 13754
    Receiving objects: 100% (13768/13768), 9.61 MiB | 3.08 MiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (8248/8248), done.

root@orangepizero:~# cd MySensors/
    root@orangepizero:~/MySensors# ./configure
    [OK] init system detected: systemd
    [OK] Finished.

root@orangepizero:~/MySensors# make
    gcc -MT build/drivers/Linux/log.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/log.c -o build/drivers/Linux/log.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/noniso.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Print.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/Print.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/SerialPort.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/IPAddress.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/compatibility.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o
    g++ -MT build/examples_linux/mysgw.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c examples_linux/mysgw.cpp -o build/examples_linux/mysgw.o
    ^
    #include <SPI.h>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:98: recipe for target 'build/examples_linux/mysgw.o' failed
    make: *** [build/examples_linux/mysgw.o] Error 1
    root@orangepizero:~/MySensors#

Followed the manual you pointed out to install for RPI

Seems i use the beta software:
    root@orangepizero:~/MySensors# more README.md
    MySensors Library v2.2.0-beta

Armbian:
    root@orangepizero:~# uname -a
    Linux orangepizero 3.4.113-sun8i #50 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 14 08:41:55 CET 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

ARMBIAN Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 3.4.113-sun8i

Hope it helps!

• @pansen,

Not sure if this is useful but, checked this one:https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/issues/719

root@orangepizero:~/test# git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors.git marceloaqno-spidev
    Cloning into 'marceloaqno-spidev'...
    remote: Counting objects: 13825, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (26/26), done.
    remote: Total 13825 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 13799
    Receiving objects: 100% (13825/13825), 9.65 MiB | 3.27 MiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (8284/8284), done.

root@orangepizero:~/test# cd marceloaqno-spidev/

root@orangepizero:~/test/marceloaqno-spidev# git checkout spidev
    Branch spidev set up to track remote branch spidev from origin.
    Switched to a new branch 'spidev'
    root@orangepizero:~/test/marceloaqno-spidev# ;s
    -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
    root@orangepizero:~/test/marceloaqno-spidev# ls
    configure Doxyfile initscripts Makefile README.md
    CONTRIBUTING.md drivers keywords.txt MyConfig.h tests
    core examples library.json MySensors.h
    Documentation examples_linux library.properties projects

root@orangepizero:~/test/marceloaqno-spidev# ./configure
    [SECTION] Detecting GPIO driver.
    [OK] GPIO driver detected:SPIDEV.
    [SECTION] Detecting init system.
    [OK] init system detected: systemd.
    [OK] Finished.

root@orangepizero:~/test/marceloaqno-spidev# make
    gcc -MT build/drivers/Linux/log.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/log.c -o build/drivers/Linux/log.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/noniso.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Print.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Print.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SerialPort.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o
    In file included from drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp:24:0:
    ./drivers/Linux/Arduino.h:17:18: fatal error: GPIO.h: No such file or directory
    #include "GPIO.h"
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:114: recipe for target 'build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o' failed
    make: *** [build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o] Error 1
    root@orangepizero:~/test/marceloaqno-spidev#

• Hi @Tag

We ( I and @pansen ) talked about that fork over mysensors github that @marceloaqno are doing to support Bananapi.

Banana have same soc than OPI, so the issues are the same on both boards for compile mysensors at least at that point. Maybe own OPI GPIO library (If I remeber Wiringpi or similar name or so) will be needed added to the mysensors software, but hope this can be easily do it like one last point.

Can you give a try on your OPI board and post results doing same commands than @eyesoft are doing for Banana on the forked github?
    Then we can see if the same solution than @marceloaqno are building for Banana can be directly applied to our OPI.

I mean do this steps:

git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors.git marceloaqno-spidev
    git checkout spidev

then...

./configure --my-gateway=ethernet --my-transport=nrf24 --my-rf24-irq-pin=15 --my-rf24-channel=119

and last

make

• @jirm

Sure!, here you go:

root@orangepizero:~# rm -r MySensors/
    root@orangepizero:~# git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors.git marceloaqno-spidev
    remote: Counting objects: 13825, done.
    remote: Total 13825 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 13799
    Receiving objects: 100% (13825/13825), 9.65 MiB | 3.01 MiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (8284/8284), done.

root@orangepizero:~# cd marceloaqno-spidev/
    root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev# git checkout spidev

root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev# ./configure --my-gateway=ethernet --my-transport=nrf24 --my-rf24-irq-pin=15 --my-rf24-channel=119
    [SECTION] Detecting GPIO driver.
    [OK] GPIO driver detected:SPIDEV.
    [OK] Finished.

root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev# make
    gcc -MT build/drivers/Linux/log.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/log.c -o build/drivers/Linux/log.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/noniso.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Print.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Print.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SerialPort.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/IPAddress.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/compatibility.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o
    g++ -MT build/examples_linux/mysgw.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_DRIVER_SPIDEV -DMY_RF24_CHANNEL=119 -DMY_RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_FEATURE -DMY_RF24_IRQ_PIN=15 -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c examples_linux/mysgw.cpp -o build/examples_linux/mysgw.o
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.h:76:2: error: #error RF24 IRQ usage requires transactional SPI support
    #error RF24 IRQ usage requires transactional SPI support
    ^
    In file included from ./MySensors.h:294:0,
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:39:11: error: Not supported on linux-generic
    hwDigitalWrite(MY_RF24_CS_PIN, level);
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:44:11: error: Not supported on linux-generic
    hwDigitalWrite(MY_RF24_CE_PIN, level);
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:388:11: error: Not supported on linux-generic
    hwPinMode(MY_RF24_CE_PIN,OUTPUT);
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:389:11: error: Not supported on linux-generic
    hwPinMode(MY_RF24_CS_PIN,OUTPUT);
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:391:11: error: Not supported on linux-generic
    hwPinMode(MY_RF24_IRQ_PIN,INPUT);
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:37:32: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
    LOCAL void RF24_csn(const bool level)
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:42:31: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
    LOCAL void RF24_ce(const bool level)
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘bool RF24_initialize()’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:403:75: error: ‘FALLING’ was not declared in this scope
    attachInterrupt(digitalPinToInterrupt(MY_RF24_IRQ_PIN), RF24_irqHandler, FALLING);
    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:403:82: error: ‘attachInterrupt’ was not declared in this scope
    attachInterrupt(digitalPinToInterrupt(MY_RF24_IRQ_PIN), RF24_irqHandler, FALLING);
    ^
    In file included from ./MySensors.h:346:0,
    ./core/MyMainLinux.cpp: In function ‘void handle_sigint(int)’:
    ./core/MyMainLinux.cpp:44:33: error: ‘detachInterrupt’ was not declared in this scope
    detachInterrupt(MY_RF24_IRQ_PIN);
    ^
    Makefile:114: recipe for target 'build/examples_linux/mysgw.o' failed
    root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev#

Thanks for all the time you guys put into this!! really appreciate it!!

• @Tag

Thanks to you to make the effort to try our "suppositions" ...

Mmmm...I see some interesting things on your results.

First all your results on OPI really differ from @eyesoft posted on the github. That can mean that Banana are much different (on drivers aspect) than OPI and then same solution cannot be applied to both...bad thing for us.

Then I see on make that the soc (and cpu) are bad seleected (I said this issue yesterday to @marceloaqno on general support post for mysensors gateway) because seems in the configure file have a bad selection about that specs when soc are a H3, and select a bad A53 type of cpu when is Armv7.

Then I don't know if all subsequent errors raised are significant or simply derived from that initially bad cpu selection.

Last I see that have issues on GPIO pins, but this is something we hoped would happen.

Anyway, I'm not coder so maybe are totally grong on all my observations and we need some coder (preferible @marceloaqno ) help us to deal with all that.

Regards and thanks to you !

• @Tag

I just see than on your previous compilation for NRF24 build from Tmr24h that you confirm is working OK, the compilation have same "bad" cpu type A53 that I figure that is a bad selection for H3 and seems that is not any problem...so now I'dont understand nothing..
    Well mean only understand that we need a mysensor coder for help an guidance and if available make to it all the changes needed for OPI on mysenros.

So we need help for all.

Regards

• @jirm
    As a side comment, posting interesting good info about Orange PI GPIO ports assignment and usage, that can help too:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/09/26/status-of-orange-pi-boards-gpio-support/

• Great info indeed, thanks! I will join the effort again when the OPi+nRF24 arrived. Just compiling without any hardware feels like baking a cake and not eating it...

• @Tag The RF24 won't work on the OPi out of the box. Since the GPIO numbering is different it will work but only after some tweaks. I'm not sure if you're familiar with:
    http://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO
    Once you get the pin numbering figured out you can use the TMRh20 library. I confirm that it works on my OPi PC. Didn't unboxed my OPi Zero yet 😋
    However it's not very clear what sort of gateway you're trying to build. My project will have an OPi Zero running MyController, hooked up to an ATmega328 running the GatewaySerial sketch. The radio will be be connected to the ATmega328 chip. This way I wouldn't have to worry about GPIO pin numbering.

• I'm using a orangepi one and with your help I can compile it.
    I tried it with a serial gateway. I connected a arduino nano with the gateway serial scath on it through USB to my orangepi one. DMESG say to me, that it is attached to ttyUSB0
    So i tried to build the gateway with:
    ./configure --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-port=/dev/ttyUSB0 --my-serial-baudrate=115200

make has no errors

after that, i tried to start it with:
    sudo ./bin/mysgw -d

Is started but i get this problem:
    (0_1483630831348_Gateway_problem.JPG

Do you know whats wrong with it?

• @hausinger: try to change

./configure --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-port=/dev/USB0 --my-serial-baudrate=115200
    to
    ./configure --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-port=/dev/ttyUSB0 --my-serial-baudrate=115200

Be aware that USB devices are enumerated in the order they have been plugged in, so you cannot rely 100% on the arduino being "0".

@mihai-aldea: haha I didn't even consider this. are there any disadvantages except for the increased power consumption? (and slightly higher cost)

• @hausinger

Hi again to all OPI users.

I like see that are great movements here.

I think main goal here is achieve that OPI board can run mysensors for herself connected radio boards.
    Of course that can work OPI (or any board) if we attach over some port the radio board, because use of any "conventional" port (means usb, serial, eth) is the same for any hardware from the software view.

Said this, I would simplificate (and reduce all hardware to minimum) all things I can and with a powerful board I can concentrate much of the roles needed.
    Attach directly (means through GPIO) all hardware the board can manage without issues is my goal, and I think other much people.

I think the error posted @hausinger for run mysgw seems derived from de main problem we see when try compile mysensors on OPI, and is that the need (maybe although not always necessary) that SPIDEV driver are up and working properly and mysensors software can not detect SPI bus (then fail SPIDEV) on OPI while is not being adapted all software stuff from some mysensor coder.

I hope some mysensors coder hear our call and soon can help here.

Regards

• @pansen said:

@hausinger: try to change

./configure --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-port=/dev/USB0 --my-serial-baudrate=115200
    to

Be aware that USB devices are enumerated in the order they have been plugged in, so you cannot rely 100% on the arduino being "0".

@mihai-aldea: haha I didn't even consider this. are there any disadvantages except for the increased power consumption? (and slightly higher cost)

ooh sorry. Sure, i wrote "ttyUSB0". It was a typing mistake here on the forum. In my configuration I already typed ttyUSB0
    I edited my last post.

But the issue is still the same.

• @mihai.aldea

Indeed good info about GPIO port.

I will be aware about your progress...seems your approach is a sure win.

Thanks

• @jirm said:

@hausinger

Hi again to all OPI users.

I like see that are great movements here.

I think main goal here is achieve that OPI board can run mysensors for herself connected radio boards.
    Of course that can work OPI (or any board) if we attach over some port the radio board, because use of any "conventional" port (means usb, serial, eth) is the same for any hardware from the software view.

Said this, I would simplificate (and reduce all hardware to minimum) all things I can and with a powerful board I can concentrate much of the roles needed.
    Attach directly (means through GPIO) all hardware the board can manage without issues is my goal, and I think other much people.

I think the error posted @hausinger for run mysgw seems derived from de main problem we see when try compile mysensors on OPI, and is that the need (maybe although not always necessary) that SPIDEV driver are up and working properly and mysensors software can not detect SPI bus (then fail SPIDEV) on OPI while is not being adapted all software stuff from some mysensor coder.

I hope some mysensors coder hear our call and soon can help here.

Regards

In my case, why should it be necessary to have a working spi bus? I wanted to connect a working arduino with the mysensors gw scetch on it throug USB to the OPI and use this as a ethernet gateway.

My last goal is to use a USB to RS485 converter on my OPI (works as a Gateway) without a connected arduino, because my whole mysensors communication should be over RS485.

• @hausinger

Of course you dont need any SPI bus.
    And so sorry but before I checked so badly the error you posted.

Not seems any related working error for mysgw. I think you have mysgw working fine, seems only they can not connect/work with sensor node.

You seems only need check node communication and adjust node configuration to have your mysgw working.

I don't see you found so much trouble to make working from usb-rs485 adapter if you can do it with usb/serial node, it's only matter that the driver of adapter can work with mysgw without so much issues.

Regards

• @jirm said:

@hausinger

Of course you dont need any SPI bus.
    And so sorry but before I checked so badly the error you posted.

Not seems any related working error for mysgw. I think you have mysgw working fine, seems only they can not connect/work with sensor node.

You seems only need check node communication and adjust node configuration to have your mysgw working.

I don't see you found so much trouble to make working from usb-rs485 adapter if you can do it with usb/serial node, it's only matter that the driver of adapter can work with mysgw without so much issues.

Regards

Thank you for your fast answer.
    I try to answer it as best as I can.

I tried it once again:
    connected the arduino to the USB port on my OPI
    DMESG says it is port ttyUSB0

If i start the Gateway with:
    sudo ./bin/mysgw -d

I got the same result as posted before. My CPU Usage is at 100% on one core.

if I kill the process of mysgw and start openhab2 (my used controller) it can connect direct to the Arduino (connected as USB as before) and it worked fine.

So my configuration of my nodes (currently only 1 for testing) is working fine through rs485.

Summary:
    Connection node -> Arduino Gateway = OK
    Connetion from openhab2 to Arduino Gateway = OK (openhab2 on same OPI as Arduino)
    OPI as a Ethernet - Serial Gateway = NOT OK, Problem is shown on my screenshot.

USB-RS485:
    I also tried this, but after my configuration:
    ./configure --my-gateway=ethernet --my-port=5003 --my-transport=rs485 --my-rs485-serial-port=/dev/ttyUSB0 --my-rs485-baudrate=57600
    I can do the "make" command.
    After that I start it with:
    sudo ./bin/mysgw -d
    I only get this:
    0_1483635312443_GatewayRS485.JPG
    I can now type a new command in the console (Gateway quit itself)

• Hi All,
    Collected some info on the OPI zero CPU:

root@orangepizero:/proc# more cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
    processor : 0
    BogoMIPS : 2400.00

processor : 1

processor : 2

processor : 3

Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x0
    CPU part : 0xc07
    CPU revision : 5

Hardware : sun8i
    Revision : 0000
    Serial : 2467783d034e20000098
    root@orangepizero:/proc#

Dmesg Output:
    [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [ 0.000000] Linux version 3.4.113-sun8i (root@xenial) (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu/Linaro 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.1) ) #50 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov
    14 08:41:55 CET 2016
    [ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387d
    [ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
    [ 0.000000] Machine: sun8i

It should be a H2+, but I have seen H3 (think that was with an FTDI interface on the debug port....

• Code Contributor

@hausinger That shouldn't happen (gateway quitting itself). Could you submit the debug log with MY_DEBUG_VERBOSE_RF24 enabled?

• @marceloaqno said:

@hausinger That shouldn't happen (gateway quitting itself). Could you submit the debug log with MY_DEBUG_VERBOSE_RF24 enabled?

Yes i can check that, but how?
    I tried it to enable it in "example_linux" => mysgw.cpp (added the line "#define MY_DEBUG_VERBOSE_RF24")
    I also tried it in the file: "MyConfig.h" (also added the line "#define MY_DEBUG_VERBOSE_RF24")

But my output is still the same in the console.

• @Tag Just to make it clear, do you want to connect the RF24 radio directly on the OPi's GPIO pins? Or do you want to connect it first to an Arduino and then to the OPi?
    I haven't used the mysgw because so far I only played with EasyIoT (directly attached RF24 to RPi GPIO - doesn't work on OPi) and MyController (using an Arduino connected to the OPi's serial port).
    Since MySensors is open source you can definitely change the pin numbers to match the OPI's Sunxi pin numbering. I don't have a setup in place right now to point you in the exact direction but will cook one tomorrow and get back with the details.
    Meanwhile you can burn the GatewaySerial sketch on your Arduino and either use /bin/mysgw or:

apt-get -y update
    apt-get -y install minicom
    minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB0

It's likely that the minicom will scramble the text on your screen but you can:

Ctrl+Z
    O
    Screen and Keyboard
    T
    Esc
    Save setup as df1

Close the minicom window then open it again and all should be fine.

• @mihai.aldea

Hi!, my idea is to have the NRF24 radio directly attached to the GPIO header on the OPI, (got this already working on my RPI system). So the idea is to run mysgw on the OPI system.
    (already got an extensive sensor network running with multiple arduinos and Mycontroller on thae RPI) On the RPI i had the arduino GW attached to USB and the NRF24 directly attached at the GPIO header at the same time, MyController saw 2 gateways 🙂 )

The other option like you already mentioned is to attach the arduino using USB read from /dev/ttyUSB0. I see this as a last resort only if mysgw will never run on the OPI zero.

I read on the OPI website that the 26 pin header from the OPI is directly compatible with the RPI, however other sources of information tell me differently. So if you want to help out with the pin numbering this is greatly appreciated!

but again mysgw on the OPI with the radio on the GPIO header would be great!!

At this moment we try to build/compile mysgw on the OPI board, however that fails at the SPI part.

Thanks!

• Code Contributor

@hausinger The problem you are having with your serial gateway (./configure --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-port=/dev/ttyUSB0 --my-serial-baudrate=115200) may be related to this bug:
    https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/issues/720#issuecomment-270712256

• @Tag I made the test setup and retraced my steps from the previous experiment. While the TMRh20 is working, the problem indeed lies with the ** mysgw** compilation. I'm getting the same error.
    After spending quite some time trying to mitigate the errors I hit a wall and I concluded that the problem is not the different pin numbering but the mysgw source code. I believe the problem is the lack of support for this architecture and with MySensors being so complex and my C++ skills so average, I'm afraid I can't help.
    However, if someone can mitigate the source code to successfully compile, the radio should be initialized with:
    RF24 radio(7, 0);
    7 - CE pin
    0 - CS pin
    More details here: https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24/issues/257

• @mihai.aldea said:

us experiment. While the TMRh20 is working, the problem indeed lies with the ** mysgw** compilation. I'm getting the same error.

Thanks for the confirmation!!, now lets hope that mysgw, will be fixed/ported to the OPI boards soon!
    would be great to expand the number of systems it will run on..

• @Tag
    Could you setup my sensors gateway on orange pi one? if you can please help me to build this . thank you

• @Reza

Unfortunately the mysgw software does not run native on the OPI systems at this moment.The only option today is to add an arduino to the USB port running i.e the serial gateway sketch (if you do not want to use the USB port, an other option would be using an UART trough the GPIO header, you data will show up on i.e. /dev/ttyS1 if UART 1 is used)

step 2 will be to install controller software.
    (i tested MyController on the OPI and that works like a charm, and looks pretty cool!)

See this link on how to build a serial gateway on the arduino. Using this setup you can follow the RaspberryPI tutorials.

Hopefully mysgw will run soon on the OrangePI systems! think this is work in progress......

• Code Contributor

I'm trying to add support for Orange Pi to MySensors, this is the work-in-progress repository:
    https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors/tree/spidev

It would be great if someone could test and submit results from the configure and make commands:

git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors marceloaqno-spidev
    cd marceloaqno-spidev
    git checkout spidev
    ./configure
    make

• @marceloaqno

Hi!, really appreciate your hard work on this!!, below are the results,
    (I was not able to execute the 1st command 😞 but... tried something else..

root@orangepizero:~# git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors.git marceloaqno-spidev
    remote: Counting objects: 13834, done.
    remote: Total 13834 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 13808
    Receiving objects: 100% (13834/13834), 9.67 MiB | 3.16 MiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (8289/8289), done.
    root@orangepizero:~# cd marceloaqno-spidev
    root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev# git checkout spidev

root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev# ./configure
    [SECTION] Detecting SPI driver.
    [OK] SPI driver detected:SPIDEV.
    [OK] Finished.
    root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev# make
    gcc -MT build/drivers/Linux/log.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/log.c -o build/drivers/Linux/log.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/noniso.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/GPIO.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/GPIO.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/GPIO.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Print.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Print.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SerialPort.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/IPAddress.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/compatibility.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/interrupt.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/interrupt.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/interrupt.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o
    g++ -MT build/examples_linux/mysgw.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c examples_linux/mysgw.cpp -o build/examples_linux/mysgw.o
    /tmp/ccVhf8xP.s: Assembler messages:
    /tmp/ccVhf8xP.s:14808: Warning: IT blocks containing 32-bit Thumb instructions are deprecated in ARMv8
    g++ -MT build/drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_GPIO_CAPABLE -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.cpp -o build/drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.o
    g++ -pthread -o bin/mysgw build/drivers/Linux/log.o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o build/drivers/Linux/GPIO.o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o build/drivers/Linux/interrupt.o build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o build/examples_linux/mysgw.o build/drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.o

root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev# ll bin
    total 640
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 654544 Jan 7 22:48 mysgw

Seems we have a binary!!
    😄

• @marceloaqno

Just hooked up a radio to the GPIO header. (used this link for the model 1 RPI https://www.mysensors.org/build/raspberry and attached the interrupt pin also to pin 15)

This is the result i get
    root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev/bin# mysgw
    mysgw: Starting gateway...
    mysgw: Protocol version - 2.2.0-beta
    mysgw: Could not open /sys/class/gpio/gpio10/direction
    Illegal instruction
    root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev/bin#

• Code Contributor

@Tag Great! The mapping of the physical GPIO number in OrangePi is not ready yet, so you need to figure out the correct value for the CE and CSN pins by adding this to the examples_linux/mysgw.cpp or MyConfig.h

#define MY_RF24_CE_PIN X
    #define MY_RF24_CS_PIN Y

This is the best pinout image I've found that could help:
    https://oshlab.com/orange-pi-zero-pinout/

This may also give you some hint:

cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio

• Code Contributor

@Tag Maybe this one can help too:
    http://orange314.com/WiringOP

• Code Contributor

@Tag also, please don't set the interrupt pin for now.

• Code Contributor

@Tag I found more information on the wiki page about the gpio pins:
    http://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO

It seems that there is a calculation to be made to know which number to use 😱

• @marceloaqno

Hi!!, many thanks for the info!! really helpful!
    Made some progress. first I created this table based on this page: http://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO

Pin - Num - Name - Calculated value A=1 ((1-1)*32 + Pin)
    CE / 22 / PA02 / 2
    SCK / 23 / PA14 / 14
    MISO / 21 / PA16 / 16
    CSN / 24 / PA13 / 13
    MOSI / 19 / PA15 / 15

Now it is important that you know which kernel is used on your systems the 4.x architecture is different compared to the 3.x arch...

If the 4.x kernel is used you need to use the calculated value for the GPIO pin numbering, i could not test that since I am using the 3.x kernel, so this is what i did:

1. load the GPIO kernel module:
    modprobe gpio-sunxi

1. Create the GPIO device files since these were not available on my system by default.
    for A in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12; do echo "$A" > /sys/class/gpio/export ; done

This created the following entries in /sys/class/gpio

root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev/bin# ls -l /sys/class/gpio
    total 0
    --w------- 1 root root 4096 Jan  8 07:39 export
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio1 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio1
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio11 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio11
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio12 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio12
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:32 gpio13 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio13
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio2 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio2
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio3 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio3
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio4 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio4
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio5 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio5
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio6 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio6
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio7 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio7
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio8 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio8
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  8 07:16 gpio9 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpio9
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Jan  1  1970 gpiochip0 -> ../../devices/platform/sunxi-pinctrl/gpio/gpiochip0
    --w------- 1 root root 4096 Jan  1  1970 unexport

Modified mysgw.cpp to use:

#define MY_RF24_CE_PIN 2
    #define MY_RF24_CS_PIN 13

And did a clean build:

make clean
    ./configure
    make

Now some thing has changed! 🙂

root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev/bin# ./mysgw -d
    mysgw: MCO:BGN:INIT GW,CP=RNNG---,VER=2.2.0-beta
    mysgw: TSM:INIT
    mysgw: TSF:WUR:MS=0
    mysgw: !TSM:INIT:TSP FAIL
    mysgw: TSM:FAIL:CNT=1
    mysgw: TSM:FAIL:PDT

Will do some more testing with an LED today see if the GPIO pin numbering that was created is okay,

will keep you posted!:

• @marceloaqno
    Did some testing,

Setup the GPIO pins:

modprobe gpio-sunxi

for A in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
    do echo "$A" > /sys/class/gpio/export
    done

(The device files that are created by the commands above do not survive a reboot, so remember to execute the above commands after each reboot!)

Hooked up an led between ground and i.e. pin 22, this pin is linked to GPIO2

Then:

echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio2/direction
    echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio2/value
    echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio2/value

And eureka!! Led went on and off 😄

Did this for all GPIO ports used by mysgw, below is the verified pin / GPIO table

Pin#  -  GPIO / NRF24 
    22 - GPIO2   / CE
    23 - GPIO14  / SCK
    21 - GPIO16  / MISO
    24 - GPIO13  / CSN
    19 - GPIO15  / MOSI

Tested all pins and led went on and off on all

How i connected the radio: https://www.mysensors.org/build/raspberry (see the Pi1 part)
    How to setup GPIO: http://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO (3.x kernel part, and added pin 13/14/15/16)
    Pinout for the OPI Zero: https://i1.wp.com/oshlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Orange-Pi-Zero-Pinout-banner2.jpg?fit=1200%2C628&ssl=1 (carefully look at the pin numbering!)

Maybe it is usefull, I rebuild mysgw with NRF24 radio debugging enabled, this is the output I get:

root@orangepizero:~/marceloaqno-spidev/bin# ./mysgw -d
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=0, value=14
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=3, value=3
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=4, value=95
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=5, value=76
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=6, value=39
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=16, value=115
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=29, value=6
    mysgw: RF24:read register, reg=6, value=0
    mysgw: RF24:read register, reg=5, value=0
    mysgw: !RF24:INIT:SANCHK FAIL
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=0, value=12
    mysgw: RF24:PD
    ^Cmysgw: Received SIGINT

keeps looping, until ctrl-c is given.

• @Tag said:

Made some progress. first I created this table based on this page: http://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO

Pin - Num - Name - Calculated value
    CE / 22 / PA02 / 482
    SCK / 23 / PA14 / 494
    MISO / 21 / PA16 / 496
    CSN / 24 / PA13 / 493
    MOSI / 19 / PA15 / 495

Are you sure this is correct?
    The formula is: (position of letter in alphabet - 1) * 32 + pin number
    For PA02 for instance the correct value is:
    PA02 = (1 - 1) * 32 + 02 = 2

Actually you don't need to use the formula at all with the PA ports, all you have to do is use the trailing number.

• @mihai.aldea

You are right, took the letter P, which is 16.... but is should have been A.... (for the 4.x kernel)
    Updated the table!,

Thx!!

• i have problem in build gateway on orangepi one

root@OrangePI:~/marceloaqno-spidev# make
    Makefile:16: Makefile.inc: No such file or directory
    [Running configure]
    [OK] Finished.
    gcc -MT build/drivers/Linux/log.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/log.c -o build/drivers/Linux/log.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/IPAddress.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/noniso.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/GPIO.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/GPIO.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/GPIO.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Print.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Print.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SerialPort.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/compatibility.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/interrupt.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/interrupt.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/interrupt.o
    drivers/Linux/interrupt.cpp: In function ‘void* interruptHandler(void*)’:
    drivers/Linux/interrupt.cpp:107:26: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ssize_t read(int, void*, size_t)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
       (void)read (fd, &c, 1) ;
                              ^
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o
    g++ -MT build/examples_linux/mysgw.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c examples_linux/mysgw.cpp -o build/examples_linux/mysgw.o
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:39:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:44:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:388:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:389:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:37:32: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
                                    ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:42:31: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
                                   ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘uint8_t RF24_spiMultiByteTransfer(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, bool)’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:56:11: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_csn(LOW);
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:99:11: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_csn(HIGH);
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘void RF24_startListening()’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:235:10: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(HIGH);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘void RF24_stopListening()’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:241:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘void RF24_powerDown()’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:251:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘bool RF24_sendMessage(uint8_t, const void*, uint8_t)’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:269:10: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(HIGH);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:276:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:395:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:396:11: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_csn(HIGH);
               ^
    root@OrangePI:~/marceloaqno-spidev#

i want build a gateway with orangepi one with channel 0 . what am i do ? thank you

• Code Contributor

@Reza You need to run:

modprobe gpio-sunxi

so that /sys/class/gpio/export is created.

• Code Contributor

@Tag Does the TMRh20 works in the way your radio is currently connected?

• @marceloaqno
    The library compiled, but unfortunately i cannot get the examples for linux working.
    need to edit i.e. gettingstarted.cpp with the correct pin setting, have tried a lot, but either it says that the radio is not connected, and if used with incorrect settings it will not compile at all....

Maybe someone following this thread who has experince with this lib?
    if there is any progress from my side will keep you posted...

• If you used this wiring scheme:

nRF24L01 | Orange Pi
    _________|________________
    VCC      | VCC3V3-EXT
    GND      | GND
    CSN      | SPI0_CS0 (SPI-CE0)
    CE       | PA7 (IO-7)
    MOSI     | SPI0_MOSI (SPI-MOSI)
    SCK      | SPI0_CLK (SPI-CLK)
    MISO     | SPI0_MISO (SPI-MISO)

Then you should initialize the radio with:

RF24 radio(7,0);

Worked for me:

root@opi-pc-1:~/RF24-master/examples_linux# ./gettingstarted
    RF24/examples/GettingStarted/
    STATUS		 = 0x0e RX_DR=0 TX_DS=0 MAX_RT=0 RX_P_NO=7 TX_FULL=0
    RX_ADDR_P0-1	 = 0x65646f4e32 0x65646f4e31
    RX_ADDR_P2-5	 = 0xc3 0xc4 0xc5 0xc6
    TX_ADDR		 = 0x65646f4e32
    RX_PW_P0-6	 = 0x20 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
    EN_AA		 = 0x3f
    EN_RXADDR	 = 0x02
    RF_CH		 = 0x4c
    RF_SETUP	 = 0x07
    CONFIG		 = 0x0e
    DYNPD/FEATURE	 = 0x00 0x00
    Data Rate	 = 1MBPS
    Model		 = nRF24L01+
    CRC Length	 = 16 bits
    PA Power	 = PA_MAX

************ Role Setup ***********
    Choose a role: Enter 0 for pong_back, 1 for ping_out (CTRL+C to exit)

• Code Contributor

@mihai.aldea Could you try the repo I'm working on (https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors/tree/spidev marceloaqno-spidev) adding your settings to the examples_linux/mysgw.cpp?

#define MY_RF24_CE_PIN 7
    #define MY_RF24_CS_PIN 0

• @mihai.aldea

Hmmm.... checked the docs again and guess what. the 26 pin header on the OPI Zero has SPI1.... instead of SPI0

Expansion Port

The Orange Pi Zero has a 26-pin, 0.1" unpopulated connector with several low-speed interfaces.
    2x13 Header
    1	3.3V	           2	5V
    3	TWI0_SDA / PA12	   4	5V
    5	TWI0_SCK / PA11	   6	GND
    7	PWM1 / PA06	       8	UART1_TX / PG06
    9	GND	               10	UART1_RX / PG07
    11	UART2_RX / PA01	   12	SIM_CLK/PA_EINT7 / PA07
    13	UART2_TX / PA00	   14	GND
    15	UART2_CTS / PA03   16	TWI1-SDA / PA19
    17	3.3V	           18	TWI1-SCK / PA18
    19	SPI1_MOSI / PA15   20	GND
    21	SPI1_MISO / PA16   22	UART2_RTS / PA02
    23	SPI1_CLK / PA14    24	SPI1_CS / PA13
    25	GND	               26	SIM_DET/PA_EINT10 / PA10

From http://linux-sunxi.org/Xunlong_Orange_Pi_Zero
    If i look at /dev I only see spi0, which is most probably used for the onboard flash...

root@orangepizero:/# ll /dev | grep -i spi
    crw------- 1 root root    153,   0 Jan  8 11:12 spidev0.0

So now i need to figure out a way to get SPI1 up and running

• @marceloaqno Here's the output:

^
                     from examples_linux/mysgw.cpp:77:
     #include <SPI.h>
                     ^
    compilation terminated.

• @Tag Use this info:
    http://linux-sunxi.org/Sunxi-tools
    To export /boot/script.bin, edit the output file and enable SPI1, then compile it back and reboot your OPi with the SPI1 active.

If you haven't done this before, it's quite simple.

apt-get install sunxi-tools
    cd ~
    bin2fex /boot/script.bin > script.fex

Edit the script.fex file, find the [spi1] section and change spi_used = 0 to spi_used = 1. Save the file and exit.
    Then

fex2bin script.fex > /boot/script.bin

Reboot, then you should have the SPI1 active.

• @marceloaqno
    i have error yet
    orangepi is a good board. please work at this board and run mysensors gateway on this, i follow this topic when you can fix this on orange pi . thank you

• @mihai.aldea

Yep already found it 🙂 problem was the old version of the tools, it was not able to decompile the script.bin file...

[update]

• modified the script file,
    • changed spi_used = 1
    • compiled back and rebooted

just 1 device file in called spidev0.0 no new device files are created..... 😞

dmesg output:

[    0.814287] sunxi_spi_chan_cfg()1376 - [spi-0] has no spi_regulator.
    [    0.814316] sunxi_spi_chan_cfg()1376 - [spi-1] has no spi_regulator.
    [    0.815569] spi spi0: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
    [    0.816776] spi spi1: master is unqueued, this is deprecated

Thx, will keep you posted!

• Code Contributor

@Reza Was /sys/class/gpio/export created after modprobe gpio-sunxi?

@mihai-aldea Could you send the complete make and configure output so I can check if your system is correctly detected?

• @marceloaqno said:

@mihai-aldea Could you send the complete make and configure output so I can check if your system is correctly detected?

Here it is

root@opi-pc-1:~/rf24opi/MySensors# ./configure --soc=H3
    [OK] init system detected: systemd
    [OK] Finished.
    root@opi-pc-1:~/rf24opi/MySensors# make
    gcc -MT build/drivers/Linux/log.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/log.c -o build/drivers/Linux/log.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/IPAddress.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/noniso.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Print.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/Print.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/compatibility.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/SerialPort.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o
    g++ -MT build/examples_linux/mysgw.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -c examples_linux/mysgw.cpp -o build/examples_linux/mysgw.o
    In file included from examples_linux/mysgw.cpp:77:0:
      ^
                     from examples_linux/mysgw.cpp:77:
     #include <SPI.h>
                     ^
    compilation terminated.

• Code Contributor

@mihai.aldea I think you're not in the right branch, could you start from scratch like this:

rm -rf marceloaqno-spidev
    git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors marceloaqno-spidev
    cd marceloaqno-spidev
    git checkout spidev
    ./configure
    make

• @marceloaqno
    i have not any folder "gpio" in class folder .
    what am i do ? 😞
    can you create a new topic with all steps after full fix on orange pi ?
    thank you. i follow this topic

• @marceloaqno You were right, I wasn't using the correct branch. Your instructions though did not work for me

root@opi-pc-1:~# git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors/tree/spidev marceloaqno-spidev
    fatal: repository 'https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors/tree/spidev/' not found

Anyway, I found another way:

git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors.git marceloaqno-spidev
    cd marceloaqno-spidev/
    git pull origin spidev
    ./configure
    make

This time it compiled successfuly, but when I fired up mysgw all I got was:

with no other output.
    Just to be sure we're on the same note, what is the wiring schematic I should use? When I first started to tinker with RF24 on OPi I found at least two wiring schematics.
    For reference here's the gpio readall on my OPi PC:

+-----+-----+----------+------+---+-Orange Pi+---+---+------+---------+-----+--+
     | BCM | wPi |   Name   | Mode | V | Physical | V | Mode | Name     | wPi | BCM |
     +-----+-----+----------+------+---+----++----+---+------+----------+-----+-----+
     |     |     |     3.3v |      |   |  1 || 2  |   |      | 5v       |     |     |
     |  12 |   8 |    SDA.0 | ALT5 | 0 |  3 || 4  |   |      | 5V       |     |     |
     |  11 |   9 |    SCL.0 | ALT5 | 0 |  5 || 6  |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |   6 |   7 |   GPIO.7 | ALT3 | 0 |  7 || 8  | 0 | ALT4 | TxD3     | 15  | 13  |
     |     |     |       0v |      |   |  9 || 10 | 0 | ALT4 | RxD3     | 16  | 14  |
     |   1 |   0 |     RxD2 | ALT5 | 0 | 11 || 12 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.1   | 1   | 110 |
     |   0 |   2 |     TxD2 | ALT5 | 1 | 13 || 14 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |   3 |   3 |     CTS2 | ALT5 | 0 | 15 || 16 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.4   | 4   | 68  |
     |     |     |     3.3v |      |   | 17 || 18 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.5   | 5   | 71  |
     |  64 |  12 |     MOSI | ALT4 | 0 | 19 || 20 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |  65 |  13 |     MISO | ALT4 | 0 | 21 || 22 | 0 | ALT5 | RTS2     | 6   | 2   |
     |  66 |  14 |     SCLK | ALT4 | 0 | 23 || 24 | 0 | ALT4 | CE0      | 10  | 67  |
     |     |     |       0v |      |   | 25 || 26 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.11  | 11  | 21  |
     |  19 |  30 |    SDA.1 | ALT4 | 0 | 27 || 28 | 0 | ALT4 | SCL.1    | 31  | 18  |
     |   7 |  21 |  GPIO.21 | ALT3 | 0 | 29 || 30 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |   8 |  22 |  GPIO.22 | ALT3 | 0 | 31 || 32 | 0 | ALT5 | RTS1     | 26  | 200 |
     |   9 |  23 |  GPIO.23 |  OUT | 0 | 33 || 34 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |  10 |  24 |  GPIO.24 |  OUT | 1 | 35 || 36 | 0 | ALT5 | CTS1     | 27  | 201 |
     |  20 |  25 |  GPIO.25 | ALT3 | 0 | 37 || 38 | 0 | ALT5 | TxD1     | 28  | 198 |
     |     |     |       0v |      |   | 39 || 40 | 0 | ALT5 | RxD1     | 29  | 199 |
     +-----+-----+----------+------+---+----++----+---+------+----------+-----+-----+
     | BCM | wPi |   Name   | Mode | V | Physical | V | Mode | Name     | wPi | BCM |
     +-----+-----+----------+------+---+-Orange Pi+---+------+----------+-----+-----+

• @mihai.aldea

Just a question the command "gpio readall" does that does show the actual status of the system, or is it just a fixed table that is printed on screen....

Look at mine:

root@orangepizero:~# gpio readall
     +-----+-----+----------+------+---+-Orange Pi+---+---+------+---------+-----+--+
     |     |     |     3.3v |      |   |  1 || 2  |   |      | 5v       |     |     |
     |  12 |   8 |    SDA.0 | ALT5 | 0 |  3 || 4  |   |      | 5V       |     |     |
     |  11 |   9 |    SCL.0 | ALT5 | 0 |  5 || 6  |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |   6 |   7 |   GPIO.7 | ALT3 | 0 |  7 || 8  | 1 | OUT  | TxD3     | 15  | 13  |
     |     |     |       0v |      |   |  9 || 10 | 0 | ALT5 | RxD3     | 16  | 14  |
     |   1 |   0 |     RxD2 | ALT5 | 0 | 11 || 12 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.1   | 1   | 110 |
     |   0 |   2 |     TxD2 | ALT5 | 0 | 13 || 14 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |   3 |   3 |     CTS2 | ALT3 | 0 | 15 || 16 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.4   | 4   | 68  |
     |     |     |     3.3v |      |   | 17 || 18 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.5   | 5   | 71  |
     |  64 |  12 |     MOSI | ALT4 | 0 | 19 || 20 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |  65 |  13 |     MISO | ALT4 | 0 | 21 || 22 | 0 | OUT  | RTS2     | 6   | 2   |
     |  66 |  14 |     SCLK | ALT4 | 0 | 23 || 24 | 0 | ALT4 | CE0      | 10  | 67  |
     |     |     |       0v |      |   | 25 || 26 | 0 | ALT3 | GPIO.11  | 11  | 21  |
     |  19 |  30 |    SDA.1 | ALT4 | 0 | 27 || 28 | 0 | ALT4 | SCL.1    | 31  | 18  |
     |   7 |  21 |  GPIO.21 | ALT3 | 0 | 29 || 30 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |   8 |  22 |  GPIO.22 | ALT3 | 0 | 31 || 32 | 0 | ALT3 | RTS1     | 26  | 200 |
     |   9 |  23 |  GPIO.23 |  OUT | 0 | 33 || 34 |   |      | 0v       |     |     |
     |  10 |  24 |  GPIO.24 |  OUT | 1 | 35 || 36 | 0 | ALT3 | CTS1     | 27  | 201 |
     |  20 |  25 |  GPIO.25 |  OUT | 1 | 37 || 38 | 0 | ALT5 | TxD1     | 28  | 198 |
     |     |     |       0v |      |   | 39 || 40 | 0 | ALT5 | RxD1     | 29  | 199 |
     +-----+-----+----------+------+---+-Orange Pi+---+------+----------+-----+-----+

It is the same... and shows 40 pins while the OPI Zero only has 26.......
    There are some small differences between our tables in the naming column... so i guess it really reads the status / names of the pins.. Anyhow still strange that 40 pins are shown instead of 26 for the zero..

• @marceloaqno: are you planning to create a pull request? also, like @Reza suggested i think it would be smart to gather all information somehwhere, unfortunately mysensors does not seem to have a wiki. can we write an article somehow? i could take care of that.

• Code Contributor

@mihai.aldea sorry about the github link mistake.

@pansen Yes, I will.

Is the orientation of the pins correct in the image?
    0_1483990616295_Orange-Pi-Zero-Description.jpg

• @marceloaqno

Nope pinout is reversed!,

The link below shows the correct one!
    https://oshlab.com/orange-pi-zero-pinout/

• Code Contributor

@Tag Oops, did I get it right this time (I reuploaded the image)?

• @marceloaqno

Build the RF24 lib, without erros on the OPI Zero. and am now able to start the tools and radio seems to be recognised!. (was a faulty breadboard wire.... 😞 )

Used the follwing to for the radio:

RF24 radio(2,0);

Output from gettingstarted:

root@orangepizero:~/rf24libs/RF24/examples_linux# ./gettingstarted
    RF24/examples/GettingStarted/
    STATUS           = 0x00 RX_DR=0 TX_DS=0 MAX_RT=0 RX_P_NO=0 TX_FULL=0
    RX_ADDR_P0-1     = 0x0000000000 0xff00000000
    RX_ADDR_P2-5     = 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff
    TX_ADDR          = 0xffffffffff
    RX_PW_P0-6       = 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xff
    EN_AA            = 0xff
    EN_RXADDR        = 0xff
    RF_CH            = 0xbc
    RF_SETUP         = 0xff
    CONFIG           = 0xff
    DYNPD/FEATURE    = 0xff 0xff
    Data Rate        = 1MBPS
    Model            = nRF24L01
    CRC Length       = 16 bits
    PA Power         = PA_MAX

************ Role Setup ***********
    Choose a role: Enter 0 for pong_back, 1 for ping_out (CTRL+C to exit) 
    >

• Code Contributor

@Tag Could you fill this table with your current setup?

nRF24L01 | OrangePi  | OrangePi
             | phyPin    | GPIO
    _________|_______________________
    VCC      | 3V3-PWR   | 3V3-PWR
    GND      | GND       | GND
    CSN      |           |
    CE       |           |
    MOSI     | 19        | 15
    SCK      | 23        | 14
    MISO     | 21        | 16

• @marceloaqno

Sure here it is,

nRF24L01 | OrangePi  | OrangePi
             | phyPin    | GPIO
    _________|_______________________
    VCC      | 3V3-PWR   | 3V3-PWR
    GND      | GND       | GND
    CSN      | 24        | 13
    CE       | 22        | 2
    MOSI     | 19        | 15
    SCK      | 23        | 14
    MISO     | 21        | 16

Radio seems to be recognised, still need to test data transfer...

• Code Contributor

I created the draft for the official article: https://www.mysensors.org/build/orange

• Mod

@marceloaqno and everyone else involved in this effort: great work! I love when people come together to solve a problem.

• @marceloaqno
    @mfalkvidd @Tag @pansen @Reza @mihai.aldea @hausinger

Wooow woow woow !!!

Only few days "off" and the problem to make work Mysensors on OPI are solved.

So many many thanks to all people here that have been involved to make that OPI good little boards can work with Mysensors.

This is the proof that when good people join can reach the most difficult achievements and all humanity can benefit.

Awesome work !

Regards

• @marceloaqno

Great work!!! the GPIO part most probably needs some additions for OPI zero on the topic of the spidev1.0 driver and the GPIO pins, send it to you once i got everything documented.

Really many thanks for your hard work here!!

• This post is deleted!

• @marceloaqno
    thank you. but i have error:

root@OrangePI:~# ls /sys/class/gpio/export
    ls: cannot access /sys/class/gpio/export: No such file or directory
    root@OrangePI:~# modprobe gpio-sunxi
    root@OrangePI:~# ls /sys/class/gpio/export
    ls: cannot access /sys/class/gpio/export: No such file or directory

in class folder i dont have gpio folder (i use a orangepi one with ubuntu os )
    0_1484050121184_lll;l.jpg

i

• @Reza

You need to create the files after each boot.

After the modprobe, Issue this command:

sudo for A in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16; do echo "$A" > /sys/class/gpio/export ; done

This will get you the files.

• root@OrangePI:~# git clone https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors.git orangepi               Cloning into 'orangepi'...
    remote: Counting objects: 13858, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (50/50), done.
    remote: Total 13858 (delta 17), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 13808
    Receiving objects: 100% (13858/13858), 9.68 MiB | 79.00 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (8304/8304), done.
    root@OrangePI:~# cd orangepi/
    root@OrangePI:~/orangepi# git pull origin spidev
    From https://github.com/marceloaqno/MySensors
     * branch            spidev     -> FETCH_HEAD
    Updating 570b607..63e1a81
    Fast-forward
     Makefile                                          |  16 +++
     MyConfig.h                                        |   4 +
     MySensors.h                                       |   2 +-
     configure                                         |  79 ++++++++++---
     core/MyHwLinuxGeneric.cpp                         |  17 +++
     core/MyHwLinuxGeneric.h                           |  12 +-
     core/MyHwRPi.cpp                                  |   1 +
     core/MyHwRPi.h                                    |  28 -----
     core/MyMainLinux.cpp                              |  30 ++---
     drivers/{RPi => BCM}/SPI.cpp                      |  10 +-
     drivers/{RPi => BCM}/SPI.h                        | 116 ++++++++++++-------
     drivers/{RPi => BCM}/Wire.cpp                     |   0
     drivers/{RPi => BCM}/Wire.h                       |   1 +
     drivers/Linux/Arduino.h                           |  22 +++-
     drivers/Linux/GPIO.cpp                            | 119 ++++++++++++++++++++
     drivers/Linux/GPIO.h                              |  47 ++++++++
     drivers/Linux/Stream.h                            |   1 +
     drivers/Linux/compatibility.cpp                   |  11 +-
     drivers/{RPi/rpi_util.cpp => Linux/interrupt.cpp} | 144 +++++-------------------
     drivers/Linux/interrupt.h                         |  45 ++++++++
     drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp                             |   4 +-
     drivers/RF24/RF24.h                               |   2 +-
     drivers/RPi/RPi.cpp                               |  59 ++++++++++
     drivers/RPi/RPi.h                                 |  22 ++++
     drivers/RPi/piHiPri.c                             |  49 --------
     drivers/RPi/rpi_util.h                            |  76 -------------
     drivers/RPi/wiring.cpp                            |  72 ++++++++++++
     drivers/RPi/wiring.h                              |  24 ++++
     drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.cpp                            | 223 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
     drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.h                              | 178 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
     30 files changed, 1054 insertions(+), 360 deletions(-)
     rename drivers/{RPi => BCM}/SPI.cpp (100%)
     rename drivers/{RPi => BCM}/SPI.h (62%)
     rename drivers/{RPi => BCM}/Wire.cpp (100%)
     rename drivers/{RPi => BCM}/Wire.h (99%)
     create mode 100644 drivers/Linux/GPIO.cpp
     create mode 100644 drivers/Linux/GPIO.h
     rename drivers/{RPi/rpi_util.cpp => Linux/interrupt.cpp} (63%)
     create mode 100644 drivers/Linux/interrupt.h
     create mode 100644 drivers/RPi/RPi.cpp
     create mode 100644 drivers/RPi/RPi.h
     delete mode 100644 drivers/RPi/piHiPri.c
     delete mode 100644 drivers/RPi/rpi_util.h
     create mode 100644 drivers/RPi/wiring.cpp
     create mode 100644 drivers/RPi/wiring.h
     create mode 100644 drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.cpp
     create mode 100644 drivers/SPIDEV/SPI.h
    root@OrangePI:~/orangepi# ./configure
    [OK] Finished.
    root@OrangePI:~/orangepi# make
    gcc -MT build/drivers/Linux/log.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/log.c -o build/drivers/Linux/log.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/IPAddress.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/IPAddress.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/noniso.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/noniso.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/GPIO.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/GPIO.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/GPIO.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Print.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Print.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Print.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetClient.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SerialPort.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SerialPort.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/Stream.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/Stream.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/compatibility.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/compatibility.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/interrupt.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/interrupt.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/interrupt.o
    drivers/Linux/interrupt.cpp: In function ‘void* interruptHandler(void*)’:
    drivers/Linux/interrupt.cpp:107:26: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ssize_t read(int, void*, size_t)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
       (void)read (fd, &c, 1) ;
                              ^
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/SoftEeprom.o
    g++ -MT build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.cpp -o build/drivers/Linux/EthernetServer.o
    g++ -MT build/examples_linux/mysgw.o -MMD -MP -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -DMY_RADIO_NRF24 -DMY_GATEWAY_LINUX -DMY_DEBUG -DLINUX_SPI_SPIDEV -DLINUX_ARCH_ORANGEPI  -Ofast -g -Wall -Wextra  -I. -I./core -I./drivers/Linux -I./drivers/SPIDEV -c examples_linux/mysgw.cpp -o build/examples_linux/mysgw.o
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:39:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:44:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:388:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:389:11: error: Not supported on this platform.
               ^
                                    ^
                                   ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘uint8_t RF24_spiMultiByteTransfer(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, bool)’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:56:11: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_csn(LOW);
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:99:11: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_csn(HIGH);
               ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘void RF24_startListening()’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:235:10: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(HIGH);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘void RF24_stopListening()’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:241:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘void RF24_powerDown()’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:251:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function ‘bool RF24_sendMessage(uint8_t, const void*, uint8_t)’:
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:269:10: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(HIGH);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:276:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:395:10: error: ‘LOW’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_ce(LOW);
              ^
    ./drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:396:11: error: ‘HIGH’ was not declared in this scope
      RF24_csn(HIGH);
               ^
    root@OrangePI:~/orangepi#```

• @Tag

root@OrangePI:~/orangepi# sudo for A in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16; do echo "$A" > /sys/class/gpio/export ; done
    -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `do'
    root@OrangePI:~/orangepi# ```

• @Tag said:

sudo for A in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16; do echo "$A" > /sys/class/gpio/export ; done

orangepi one have 40 pins

• Code Contributor

@Reza Is there /sys/class/gpio/export file on your OPi?

• @marceloaqno
    no i have not folder "gpio" in my orangepi

• @marceloaqno It still doesn't work on my OPi Zero 😕

root@opi-zero-1:~/orangepi# bin/mysgw -d
    mysgw: Received SIGINT

I do have the /sys/class/gpio/export and I ran for A in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16; do echo "$A" > /sys/class/gpio/export ; done

For the record, here's my OS:

BOARD=orangepizero
    BOARD_NAME="Orange Pi Zero"
    VERSION=5.24
    LINUXFAMILY=sun8i
    BRANCH=default
    ARCH=arm
    PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)"
    NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
    VERSION_ID="8"
    VERSION="8 (jessie)"
    ID=debian
    HOME_URL="http://www.debian.org/"
    SUPPORT_URL="http://www.debian.org/support"
    BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"

• Code Contributor

@mihai.aldea The gateway does the exporting when needed, you don't need to run:
    for A in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16; do echo "$A" > /sys/class/gpio/export ; done

Could you send the output of this command?

ls -lah /dev/spidev*

• @marceloaqno

Still issues here:

root@orangepizero:~/orangepi/bin# ll /dev/spi*
    crw------- 1 root root 153, 0 Jan  9 22:51 /dev/spidev0.0
    crw------- 1 root root 153, 1 Jan  9 22:51 /dev/spidev1.0

Then:

./configure --spi-spidev-device=/dev/spidev1.0

added to examples_linux/mysgw.cpp

#define MY_RF24_CE_PIN 2
    #define MY_RF24_CS_PIN 13

end enabled radio debugging:

output:

root@orangepizero:~/orangepi/bin# ./mysgw -d
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=0, value=14
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=3, value=3
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=4, value=95
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=5, value=76
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=6, value=39
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=16, value=115
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=29, value=6
    mysgw: RF24:read register, reg=6, value=39
    mysgw: RF24:read register, reg=5, value=76
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=2, value=2
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=1, value=0
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=28, value=3
    mysgw: RF24:flushRX
    mysgw: RF24:flushTX
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=7, value=112
    mysgw: TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    mysgw: TSM:INIT:GW MODE
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=2, value=3
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=1, value=1
    mysgw: RF24:STRT LIS
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=0, value=15
    mysgw: RF24:write register, reg=10, value=0
    mysgw: TSM:READY:ID=0,PAR=0,DIS=0
    mysgw: MCO:REG:NOT NEEDED
    mysgw: RF24:read register, reg=23, value=17
    Illegal instruction
    root@orangepizero:~/orangepi/bin# 

Almost there?

• @marceloaqno
    in "orangepi one"(ubuntu os) there is not gpio folder in sys/class. but i think after run "modprobe gpio-sunxi" built a folder that name is "gpio_sw" and in this folder there are this files: normal_led,pa3,pa6,pa8 and 9,10,13,14,15,21 ,...

• @Reza Is it too complicated to switch to Debian?

• @mihai.aldea said:

Is it too complicated to switch to Debian?

you told me i change my os ? to armbian ?

• @Reza
    More info on armbian.com

I use the debian jessie, works like a charm!

• @Reza I wouldn't even dream of not using Armbian on OrangePi and NanoPi. Compared to Raspbian it's years ahead in terms of optimization and tidyness. Armbian is the reason I'm avoiding RPi when possible. So go ahead and install a proper OS for your OPi. Not sure if Xenial or Debian, maybe we should wait for @marceloaqno to respond to my comment with the running OS.

• @Tag
    i worked with armbiam before. but my question is with armbian my problem is resolve ?

• That I can not say.

• @Tag said:

I use the debian jessie, works like a charm!

ok i change my os and test again. thank you

• I confirm it's not working on the OPi PC where TMRh20 works.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics