Sensebender Micro

• Admin

@tbowmo said:

It's almost too easy to setup a sensor network (for temperature and humidity) now.

I agree! I ordered 4 from the second ITead batch (I let others get their hands on the first batch because I already had a couple OSHPark deployed) and had the first sensor up and running in no time! Great job and contribution to the MySensor's community! 👍 👍 👍

• Admin

@blacey

Thanks.. It's actually kind of fun, when I see that things I have created, actually brings value to other people.. Always been a driving force for me (no matter what I have had my hands in, whether it's software of various types,VHF radios for ships, mobile phones, bluetooth headsets, or sensor modules 🙂 )

• @tbowmo said:

@mvader

It's using a standard ftdi header, as used in the arduino mini pro.

About the testmode, you should hold A0 to GND, while applying power to the unit. Then it starts spewing data to the serial port.

I had meant that i put it in test mode to try and program it.
    getting it in test mode worked. i could see the led blinking.

however when i gave up and put the radio back on and turn it on, i guess it had actually taken my upload.
    it was reporting in F now.
    so i know the DTR does the auto reset, i guess upload works, but no reset and/or completed msg in the IDE.

i ordered a new programmer anyway with DTR.

• Hi,

I've received some boards and all working good.

I'd like to upload a new sketch to the Sensebender Micro board and I'm attempting to do this via the FTDI FT232RL USB to TTL serial converter adapter that I purchased here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221552218333).

Could someone kindly confirm the pin to pin mapping between the FTDI board and the Senseboard Micro as when I attempt to upload I receive the message:

Programmer Type : butterfly
             Description     : Atmel AppNote AVR109 Boot Loader

Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

I'm using Arduino 1.6.5 running on Windows 8.1 (inside parallels on a Mac).

Any ideas?

Thank you

Nutz

• Admin

@nutcracker

I usually use the GND pin as a guide.
    What happens if you run Arduino IDE directly in your native OS?

• Thanks @hek. I've had to run Arduino on Windows before because of compatibility issues with certain chip sets on Arduino boards and I didn't fancy running unsigned drivers on my Mac to resolve... I'm able to upload sketches to other boards with no issues.

That said, I've updated Arduino to 1.6.5 on my Mac and have attempted to upload the default Sensebendermicro.ino sketch to the micro with a similar error:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Micro"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Sketch uses 26,414 bytes (92%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
    Global variables use 799 bytes (31%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,761 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
    Found programmer: Id = "�d��b�"; type = F
        Software Version = �.�; Hardware Version = �.�
    avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't
    a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
    Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
      "Show verbose output during compilation"
      enabled in File > Preferences.

With verbose output enabled:

avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Apr 14 2015 at 16:30:25
             Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
             Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
             User configuration file is "/Users/nutcracker/.avrduderc"
             User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/cu.usbserial-A50285BI
             Using Programmer              : avr109
             Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
             AVR Part                      : ATmega32U4
             Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
             PAGEL                         : PD7
             BS2                           : PA0
             RESET disposition             : dedicated
             RETRY pulse                   : SCK
             serial program mode           : yes
             parallel program mode         : yes
             Timeout                       : 200
             StabDelay                     : 100
             CmdexeDelay                   : 25
             SyncLoops                     : 32
             ByteDelay                     : 0
             PollIndex                     : 3
             PollValue                     : 0x53
             Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
               Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
               ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
               eeprom        65    20     4    0 no       1024    4      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
               flash         65     6   128    0 yes     32768  128    256  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
               lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
               hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
               efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
               lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
               calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
               signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : butterfly
             Description     : Atmel AppNote AVR109 Boot Loader

Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding

Nutz

• Admin

@nutcracker said:

Maybe it isn't
    a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?

Is your programmer setting in Arduino IDE set to "USBasp"?

• Hi @hek, I've never had to change the programmer setting before... I've changed it to USBasp and re-uploaded but same error. I've always used the menu options Sketch=>Upload to upload a sketch to the board. Should I be using Sketch=>Upload via programmer for this micro board ? If so, that fails too but something to do with it not being able to find the USB device.

System wide configuration file is "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : usb
             Using Programmer              : usbasp
    avrdude: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Nutz

• Admin

Hmm. I think I understand what the problem is now. You've selected the "Arduino Micro" board. Not our "MySensors/Sensebender Micro" .

Did you follow the instructions here?
    http://www.mysensors.org/hardware/micro-ide-setup

• Thanks @hek, I also realised my mistake once I retraced my steps...I hadn't scrolled down fully on that screenshot that shows the Sensebender Micro board... I think what through me is that screenshot also shows a "dot" against another board - the Arduino Micro board...and I was selecting that... duh! (may be worth changing the screenshot? ;))

Anyway, thanks for your help...sketch uploaded perfectly after that!

Using Port                    : /dev/cu.usbserial-A50285BI
             Using Programmer              : arduino
             Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
             AVR Part                      : ATmega328P
             Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
             PAGEL                         : PD7
             BS2                           : PC2
             RESET disposition             : dedicated
             RETRY pulse                   : SCK
             serial program mode           : yes
             parallel program mode         : yes
             Timeout                       : 200
             StabDelay                     : 100
             CmdexeDelay                   : 25
             SyncLoops                     : 32
             ByteDelay                     : 0
             PollIndex                     : 3
             PollValue                     : 0x53
             Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
               Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
               ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
               eeprom        65    20     4    0 no       1024    4      0  3600  3600 0xff 0xff
               flash         65     6   128    0 yes     32768  128    256  4500  4500 0xff 0xff
               lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
               hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
               efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
               lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
               calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
               signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : Arduino
             Description     : Arduino
             Hardware Version: 3
             Firmware Version: 5.0
             Vtarget         : 0.3 V
             Varef           : 0.3 V
             Oscillator      : 28.800 kHz
             SCK period      : 3.3 us

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f
    avrdude: reading input file "/var/folders/r3/_6srq76n0mz4kmh86hsy4y2m0000gn/T/build4750928375396503439.tmp/SensebenderMicro.cpp.hex"
    avrdude: writing flash (23678 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 8.84s

avrdude: 23678 bytes of flash written
    avrdude: verifying flash memory against /var/folders/r3/_6srq76n0mz4kmh86hsy4y2m0000gn/T/build4750928375396503439.tmp/SensebenderMicro.cpp.hex:
    avrdude: load data flash data from input file /var/folders/r3/_6srq76n0mz4kmh86hsy4y2m0000gn/T/build4750928375396503439.tmp/SensebenderMicro.cpp.hex:
    avrdude: input file /var/folders/r3/_6srq76n0mz4kmh86hsy4y2m0000gn/T/build4750928375396503439.tmp/SensebenderMicro.cpp.hex contains 23678 bytes
    avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 9.94s

avrdude: verifying ...
    avrdude: 23678 bytes of flash verified

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Cheers!

Nutz

• Admin

Ah... there is a dot in the menu-image. Will update it. Thanks.

@hek Interesting.. I didn't know this.. I used the standard Pro Mini 3v3 and it worked...????

• Received my Micros today. Luckily there was no custom and a lot of pins to solder. Can't wait to solder them on wednesday on work and test them.

Is there any instruction how to solder everything? On which side the radio module needs to be soldered.

• Admin

@gloob

This might help you out 🙂

• I hope this question has not been answered already and I did not miss the answer. I was thinking about connecting a motion sensor to this and was hoping that one of the digital pins supports an interrupt. Is there an interrupt available?

• Admin

@gbfromhb

D3 is available on the side-pins. D2 is routed to the radio but can be used with some hacking.

• @gbfromhb said:

I hope this question has not been answered already and I did not miss the answer. I was thinking about connecting a motion sensor to this and was hoping that one of the digital pins supports an interrupt. Is there an interrupt available?

I'm planning to do the same thing.
    i ordered my 5v step up regulators to support the PIR sensor.
    although I hope adding the motion isnt going to kill the batteries.

• @mvader
    I have so far had no problems running my PIR sensors at 3.3v with the following hack.

http://techgurka.blogspot.com/2013/05/cheap-pyroelectric-infrared-pir-motion.html

You can not do this with all PIR Sensors from what I understand, but one of the ones listed in the MySensors store is what I've been using. Go down to the bottom of the article.

• @Hek
    Thanks, I saw the D3, but I'm new enough to this adventure that I was not sure if I should have assumed that it also had an interrupt like all the other boards.

• Admin

@gbfromhb

I tried to keep the naming, and pins on the atmega, the same as an ordinary arduino 🙂

Users

Topics

Suggested Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.