💬 Sensebender Gateway

• Admin

@Fabien legacy, unless you would reflash all your nodes with the new driver as well. (they are not compatible)

• @tbowmo : Just flash my SBGW today with arduino 1.8.5, last boards.txt and dev branch of mysensors.
    We will see if it's more stable. All my Node still in 2.1.1

• Which driver to use on Ubuntu 16.04 ?

• Hi, I'm trying to activate a sensebender gateway in OH2 on Ubuntu 16.04, however I'm having trouble setting up the serial port. Is there a how-to somewhere ? I suspect the serial port name is /dev/ttyACM0, but I'm not sure. How can I test ?
    MySensors bundle is reported to be active, but there's no messages coming in. I set the log level for mysensors to DEBUG, but nothing on the log.

• Here is my configuration file (mysensors.things)
    Bridge mysensors:bridge-ser:gateway [ serialPort="/dev/ttyACM0", sendDelay=200 ]
    {
    humidity keuken_vochtigheid [ nodeId="3", childId="2", smartSleep=true ]
    temperature keuken_temperatuur [ nodeId="3", childId="1", smartSleep=true ]
    }

I suppose ttyACM0 because of
    stefaan@home:~$ dmesg |grep -i tty
    [ 0.000000] console [tty0] enabled
    [ 22.328631] 8086228A:00: ttyS4 at MMIO 0x81420000 (irq = 39, base_baud = 2764800) is a 16550A
    [ 22.329059] 8086228A:01: ttyS5 at MMIO 0x8141e000 (irq = 40, base_baud = 2764800) is a 16550A
    [ 23.106128] usb 1-4: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
    [362074.592743] cdc_acm 1-3:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

There seems to be a premissions problem om the port :
    stefaan@home:~$ cat /dev/ttyACM0
    cat: /dev/ttyACM0: Permission denied

doing 'sudo usermod -a -G dialout openhab' doesn't help

Anyone any ideas ?

• ttyUSB0 is a (different) RFXcom device

• @stefaanv I can only suggest scanning the ports. When I connected the Gateway to the Pi3 it came up with /dev/ttyS0 instead of the listed options, although I ultimately ended up changing to a Pro-Mini as the radio did not work, and connected direct to the GPIO the serial port it worked with.

• Admin

it should pop up as ttyACM0 or ttyACM1 (if you have another usb device that enumerates first and gets ttyACM0)

I added the following to /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules file:

ACTION=="add", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1209", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6949", SYMLINK+="ttyNRF24"

What that does is to create a symlink from the real device to ttyNRF24, so regardless of what I add to my rPI, i always know that ttyNRF24 is for my gateway.

(and then I use /dev/ttyNRF24 for the serial port in my controller)

• @tbowmo Definately ttyACM0
    However, the setserial command returns information that doesn't look good : port0 and IRQ0. Does the board need a driver under Linux ?

stefaan@home:~$ sudo setserial /dev/ttyACM0
    /dev/ttyACM0, UART: unknown, Port: 0x0000, IRQ: 0, Flags: low_latency```

• Admin

@stefaanv

No, it doesn't need a driver..

I get the same for mine, if I use setserial:

thomas at jarvis in ~ 
    >sudo setserial /dev/ttyNRF24 
    /dev/ttyNRF24, UART: unknown, Port: 0x0000, IRQ: 0, Flags: low_latency
    thomas at jarvis in ~ 
    >ll /dev/ttyNRF24 
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 nov 11 13:39 /dev/ttyNRF24 -> ttyACM1

Btw. the permission problem.. You are logged in using your normal user (stefaan) and then you set permissions for openhab user? (see below). Have you tried setting the permissions for your user, and then cat /dev/ttyACM0?

@stefaanv said in 💬 Sensebender Gateway:

There seems to be a premissions problem om the port :
    stefaan@home:~$ cat /dev/ttyACM0
    cat: /dev/ttyACM0: Permission denied

doing 'sudo usermod -a -G dialout openhab' doesn't help

Anyone any ideas ?

• @tbowmo OK, is working now after restarting the bundle in OH.
    Must have been the permission problem after all.
    Thanks for your help !!

• When I try to compile SensebenderGW sketch with signing features, I receive a bunch of errors. What am I missing?

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Sensebender Gateway"

In file included from C:\Users\rzylius\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_737033\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino:88:0:

C:\Users\rzylius\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/drivers/ATSHA204/ATSHA204.cpp:6:16: error: redefinition of 'uint8_t device_pin'

static uint8_t device_pin;

^

In file included from C:\Users\rzylius\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensors.h:131:0,

from C:\Users\rzylius\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_737033\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino:86:

C:\Users\rzylius\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/drivers/ATSHA204/ATSHA204.cpp:6:16: error: 'uint8_t device_pin' previously declared here

static uint8_t device_pin;

^

In file included from C:\Users\rzylius\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_737033\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino:88:0:

C:\Users\rzylius\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/drivers/ATSHA204/ATSHA204.cpp: In function 'void swi_set_signal_pin(uint8_t)':

C:\Users\rzylius\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/drivers/ATSHA204/ATSHA204.cpp:24:13: error: redefinition of 'void swi_set_signal_pin(uint8_t)'

static void swi_set_signal_pin(uint8_t is_high)

^

In file included from C:\Users\rzylius\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensors.h:131:0,

from C:\Users\rzylius\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_737033\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino:86:

C:\Users\rzylius\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/drivers/ATSHA204/ATSHA204.cpp:24:13: error: 'void swi_set_signal_pin(uint8_t)' previously defined here

static void swi_set_signal_pin(uint8_t is_high)

^

and the same type of errors reoccurs multiple times.

• Contest Winner

@rzylius I think you have an #include in the sketch for the atsha driver. Try to remove that #include from the sketch.

• @Anticimex yes, when I delete #include atsha driver line, it compiles well. thanks.

• @tbowmo After 2 month on the dev version, no more problem with the gateway. Perhaps it's time to made a new stable release ?

• Admin

@Fabien

It's on the todo list.. 🙂

• I am looking for Gateway that will get me the results to MQTT but will support encryption + signing. That mean it should be easy to add new signatures (recompile/reflash) the module

I suppose if I use Sensebender with LAN module it will be a pain to do that

Is this doable if I use Orange zero as USB host for the Sensbender and let it act as serial gateway, then convert serial to mqtt with software on the Linux side? Also is it possible to reflash it easily this way? I do not want to rewire the hardware each time a add new node.

• Admin

@8667

Is it over the air encryption / signing that you are aiming after? Then that is possible with the gateway, it has the ATSHA204 onboard for signing capabilities. And it also works with the W5100 module attached. The Gateway have 256Kb of flash onboard, so it has "enough" room for both network stack, and signing.

• Are there performance limitations to be considered for mysensors and SensebenderGW specifically. Will the gateway handle the load of signed communications if rules will be firing messages to different sensors like 1-2-5-10 per second?

• Contest Winner

@rzylius if you use the atsha204a chip, it is the single wire interface that limits your throughput. I have no figures, so best is to just test how fast you can push messages through. Of course there is overhead in the OTA handshaking as well. That would probably be the bottleneck if you use software based signing.

• I see in logs, that the whole process of signing and communicating to the node takes a bit more than one second. I do not know how to make a stress test properly, so I hoped that somebody else did it 🙂 my question is if gateway will handle load by putting messages in some pipeline, or I should try to make sure that messages are fired with some spaces.

• Contest Winner

@rzylius The signing process is blocking, so it should not accept messages if a signed message exchange is in progress. But I have not tested that extensively with "aggressive" controllers.

• im trying to program in arduino ide, installed board... bu when compiling it write mi an error 'The current selected board needs the core 'arduino:arduino' that is not installed.'

• Mod

@mitja-blazinsek You'll need to install the Arduino SAMD board as well. I have just now updated the readme.

• Just got my Sensebender GW and soldered it up. Adapted the serial sketch to Ethernet and it almost worked. Found some posts on this topic that helped me locate and fix my config error. Now all is well. Thanks! --edit-- added photo

0_1517098910890_IMG_0889.JPG

-d

• @dklinkman said in 💬 Sensebender Gateway:

Sensebender

And I got a Sensebender Micro soldered up and running also!! Just temp and humid so far. Too cool

--edit-- picture

0_1517282246688_20180129_215848.jpg

• Hardware Contributor

This post is deleted!

• Is it possible to use the sensebender board as MQTT gateway? Not Ethernet?

• Hardware Contributor

Yes it is! I use I'm using it as a MQTT gateway for some time

• First: Great work! My GW is working very well!
    I wanted to know for what I can use the SD-Card.
    My idea is to fetch the logs in the serial and write them to the SD-Card.
    But I don't know where. Is there a point in the mySensors core where I can fetch all logs?

• Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask; but as a beginner, where do I start? How can I order this thing, or any other stuff from OpenHardware.io ? I see so many design files, I'm not sure what to do with them. Soldering the thing I can probably manage, but is there a guide available how to order the PCB, and maybe the parts as well?

• @rolandow said in 💬 Sensebender Gateway:

Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask; but as a beginner, where do I start? How can I order this thing, or any other stuff from OpenHardware.io ? I see so many design files, I'm not sure what to do with them. Soldering the thing I can probably manage, but is there a guide available how to order the PCB, and maybe the parts as well?

Sesnebender GW can be ordered from Itead:

https://www.itead.cc/mysensors-gateway.html

Other openhardware.io projects maybe ordered either (1) directly from a link; pcb only (2) you can download eagle files and upload them to pcb manufactures like oshpark.com (3) you can purchase the final product. So a generic answer to your question is it depends 🙂

I do not think there is a guide here, but if you go to oshpark.com there is a guide how to order a pcb. Parts (BOM) can be ordered from Aliexpress, eBay or more reputable supplies like digi-key or mouser

• Hi!
    I'm trying to use sensebender GW as ethernet gateway. I loaded the stock W5100 sketch compiled with samd 1.6.21 defs but it didn't worked. I have been trying out different things and realized that it works with 1.6.12 defs. Now it's working but I'm stuck with an old version. Anyone with the same problem? Maybe I'm missing something?
    Also I found out ethernet library in 1.0.5 defs is outdated. I have been trying to use stock one (v2.0) without success. Anyone has tried?
    Thanks.

• hi
    when i try compile sketch only with change radio to rfm69hw i have this:
    Arduino:1.8.9 (Windows 10), PÅ‚ytka:"Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

SensebenderGatewaySerial:95:26: error: 'LED_BLUE' was not declared in this scope

static uint8_t leds[] = {LED_BLUE, LED_RED, LED_GREEN, LED_YELLOW, LED_ORANGE};

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:95:36: error: 'LED_RED' was not declared in this scope

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:95:45: error: 'LED_GREEN' was not declared in this scope

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:95:56: error: 'LED_YELLOW' was not declared in this scope

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:95:68: error: 'LED_ORANGE' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Piotrek\Desktop\SensebenderGatewaySerial-sketch\SensebenderGatewaySerial\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino: In function 'void preHwInit()':

SensebenderGatewaySerial:116:10: error: 'MY_SWC1' was not declared in this scope

pinMode(MY_SWC1, INPUT_PULLUP);

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:117:10: error: 'MY_SWC2' was not declared in this scope

pinMode(MY_SWC2, INPUT_PULLUP);

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:130:17: error: 'LED_BLUE' was not declared in this scope

digitalWrite(LED_BLUE, led_state);

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:145:16: error: 'LED_GREEN' was not declared in this scope

digitalWrite(LED_GREEN, HIGH);

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:149:16: error: 'LED_YELLOW' was not declared in this scope

digitalWrite(LED_YELLOW, HIGH);

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:154:16: error: 'LED_ORANGE' was not declared in this scope

digitalWrite(LED_ORANGE, HIGH);

^

SensebenderGatewaySerial:167:17: error: 'LED_RED' was not declared in this scope

digitalWrite(LED_RED, HIGH);

^

C:\Users\Piotrek\Desktop\SensebenderGatewaySerial-sketch\SensebenderGatewaySerial\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino: In function 'bool testSDCard()':

SensebenderGatewaySerial:219:33: error: 'MY_SDCARD_CS' was not declared in this scope

if (!card.init(SPI_HALF_SPEED, MY_SDCARD_CS)) {

^

C:\Users\Piotrek\Desktop\SensebenderGatewaySerial-sketch\SensebenderGatewaySerial\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino: In function 'bool testEEProm()':

SensebenderGatewaySerial:249:2: error: 'SerialUSB' was not declared in this scope

SerialUSB.print(" -> EEPROM ");

^

C:\Users\Piotrek\Desktop\SensebenderGatewaySerial-sketch\SensebenderGatewaySerial\SensebenderGatewaySerial.ino: In function 'bool testAnalog()':

SensebenderGatewaySerial:267:30: error: 'MY_BAT_DETECT' was not declared in this scope

int bat_detect = analogRead(MY_BAT_DETECT);

^

exit status 1
    'LED_BLUE' was not declared in this scope

What is error ? please help me

• I also can not install board in Arduino IDE 1.8.9

• @pepson said in 💬 Sensebender Gateway:

hi
    when i try compile sketch only with change radio to rfm69hw i have this:
    Arduino:1.8.9 (Windows 10), PÅ‚ytka:"Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

SensebenderGatewaySerial:95:26: error: 'LED_BLUE' was not declared in this scope

You cannot use the SensebenderGatewaySerial sketch on an Atmega2560. The SensbenderGatewaySerial sketch is for the SAMD board called Sensebender Gateway.

If you have the real Sensebender Gateway you should use this one
    0_1564697307746_8465ebd2-b844-48b0-9efa-e8aa2cbec9d8-image.png

• @magpern
    But get this board to Arduino IDE?

• @pepson said in 💬 Sensebender Gateway:

@magpern
    But get this board to Arduino IDE?

Boards / Boards manager...
    search for sensebender
    0_1564700611126_700dbdb9-bc5b-45be-9c89-3b23a7004ea3-image.png

You might have to

File / Preferences / Additional Board manager URLs
    add
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mysensors/ArduinoBoards/master/package_mysensors.org_index.json

• Hi
    I compiled and write to gateway this programmm. Then i connected it to my RPI with Hassio (Home Assistant). In logs on home assistant still show me info: Gateway /dev/serial/by-id/usb-MySensors.org_Sensebender_GW_6A153443514D355934202020FF10182D-if00 not ready after 15.0 secs so continuing with setup

but after run Home Assistant gateway works ok. I send info mto developer Home Assistant ans she not see any bugs....
    How i can resolved this problem ?

• And please help me how i can compile it as gateway Ethernet with module W5100.

Only add to sketch:
    // Enable gateway ethernet module type
    #define MY_GATEWAY_W5100

// Enable to UDP
    //#define MY_USE_UDP

//#define MY_IP_ADDRESS 192,168,3,160 // wpisz adres ip bramki
    // Renewal period if using DHCP
    //#define MY_IP_RENEWAL_INTERVAL 60000
    // The port to keep open on node server mode / or port to contact in client mode
    #define MY_PORT 5003 //wpisz numer portu bramki

// Controller ip address. Enables client mode (default is "server" mode).
    // Also enable this if MY_USE_UDP is used and you want sensor data sent somewhere.
    //#define MY_CONTROLLER_IP_ADDRESS 192, 168, 178, 254

// The MAC address can be anything you want but should be unique on your network.
    // Newer boards have a MAC address printed on the underside of the PCB, which you can (optionally) use.
    // Note that most of the Ardunio examples use "DEAD BEEF FEED" for the MAC address.
    #define MY_MAC_ADDRESS 0xDC, 0xAE, 0xB2, 0x3F, 0xFF, 0xDC

???

• When try compilation with this W5100 i get error:

Opcje projektu zmienione, przeładuj całość
    In file included from C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensors.h:208:0,

from C:\Users\Piotrek\Desktop\SensebenderGatewayETHERNET\SensebenderGatewayETHERNET.ino:111:

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:74:1: error: 'EthernetServer' does not name a type

EthernetServer _ethernetServer(_ethernetGatewayPort);

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:89:8: error: 'EthernetClient' does not name a type

static EthernetClient client = EthernetClient();

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp: In function 'bool gatewayTransportInit()':

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:149:7: error: 'Ethernet' was not declared in this scope

if (!Ethernet.begin(_ethernetGatewayMAC)) {

^~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:149:7: note: suggested alternative: '_ethernetMsg'

if (!Ethernet.begin(_ethernetGatewayMAC)) {

^~~~~~~~

_ethernetMsg

In file included from C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensors.h:49:0,

from C:\Users\Piotrek\Desktop\SensebenderGatewayETHERNET\SensebenderGatewayETHERNET.ino:111:

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:156:16: error: 'Ethernet' was not declared in this scope

Ethernet.localIP()[0],

^

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyConfig.h:1815:48: note: in definition of macro 'DEBUG_OUTPUT'

#define DEBUG_OUTPUT(x,...) hwDebugPrint(x, ##VA_ARGS) //!< debug

^~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:155:2: note: in expansion of macro 'GATEWAY_DEBUG'

GATEWAY_DEBUG(PSTR("GWT:TIN:IP=%" PRIu8 ".%" PRIu8 ".%" PRIu8 ".%" PRIu8 "\n"),

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:156:16: note: suggested alternative: '_ethernetMsg'

Ethernet.localIP()[0],

^

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyConfig.h:1815:48: note: in definition of macro 'DEBUG_OUTPUT'

#define DEBUG_OUTPUT(x,...) hwDebugPrint(x, ##VA_ARGS) //!< debug

^~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:155:2: note: in expansion of macro 'GATEWAY_DEBUG'

GATEWAY_DEBUG(PSTR("GWT:TIN:IP=%" PRIu8 ".%" PRIu8 ".%" PRIu8 ".%" PRIu8 "\n"),

^~~~~~~~~~~~~

In file included from C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensors.h:208:0,

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:189:2: error: '_ethernetServer' was not declared in this scope

_ethernetServer.begin();

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:189:2: note: suggested alternative: '_ethernetMsg'

_ethernetServer.begin();

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_ethernetMsg

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp: In function 'bool gatewayTransportSend(MyMessage&)':

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:246:11: error: '_ethernetServer' was not declared in this scope

nbytes = _ethernetServer.write(_ethernetMsg);

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:246:11: note: suggested alternative: '_ethernetMsg'

nbytes = _ethernetServer.write(_ethernetMsg);

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_ethernetMsg

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp: In function 'bool _readFromClient()':

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:289:9: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope

while (client.connected() && client.available()) {

^~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:289:9: note: suggested alternative: 'Print'

while (client.connected() && client.available()) {

^~~~~~

Print

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp: In function 'bool gatewayTransportAvailable()':

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:409:2: error: 'EthernetClient' was not declared in this scope

EthernetClient newclient = _ethernetServer.available();

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:411:6: error: 'newclient' was not declared in this scope

if (newclient) {

^~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:412:7: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope

if (client != newclient) {

^~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:412:7: note: suggested alternative: 'Print'

if (client != newclient) {

^~~~~~

Print

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:422:6: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope

if (client) {

^~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:422:6: note: suggested alternative: 'Print'

if (client) {

^~~~~~

Print

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp: In function 'void gatewayTransportRenewIP()':

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:463:6: error: 'Ethernet' was not declared in this scope

if (Ethernet.maintain() & ~(0x06)) {

^~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Piotrek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:463:6: note: suggested alternative: '_ethernetMsg'

if (Ethernet.maintain() & ~(0x06)) {

^~~~~~~~

_ethernetMsg

exit status 1
    Błąd kompilacji dla płytki Sensebender Gateway.

What is a problem ?

• please help me....

• Hi
    Can anybody help me how compile sketch to this gateway to work as Ethernet Gateway...
    When i try compile i get the error:
    https://pastebin.com/BSQGsCgi

and my sketch looks like:
    https://pastebin.com/R3vG076i

• Admin

@pepson Did you add

#include <Ethernet.h>

?

• @tekka
    No.... thanks i fixed it....:)

• I just got my Sensebender Gateway and loaded the Sensebender Gateway Serial sketch. When I use the MYSController I get those wired infos...
    Currently there is no other Snesor runing just the Sensebender Gateway with an RF24. Why does it see a new child and what are all thos "hu;hu;hu" errors?

0_1576828002699_6e42e2a3-f57c-472c-9b59-c30670be617a-image.png

• Ok solved it by adding:

#undef PRId8
    #undef PRIi8
    #undef PRIo8
    #undef PRIu8
    #undef PRIx8
    #undef PRIX8
    #undef PRIdLEAST8
    #undef PRIiLEAST8
    #undef PRIoLEAST8
    #undef PRIuLEAST8
    #undef PRIxLEAST8
    #undef PRIXLEAST8
    #undef PRIdFAST8
    #undef PRIiFAST8
    #undef PRIoFAST8
    #undef PRIuFAST8
    #undef PRIxFAST8
    #undef PRIXFAST8
    #define PRId8    "d"
    #define PRIi8   "i"
    #define PRIo8   "o"
    #define PRIu8   "u"
    #define PRIx8   "x"
    #define PRIX8   "X"
    #define PRIdLEAST8  "d"
    #define PRIiLEAST8  "i"
    #define PRIoLEAST8  "o"
    #define PRIuLEAST8  "u"
    #define PRIxLEAST8  "x"
    #define PRIXLEAST8  "X"
    #define PRIdFAST8 "d"
    #define PRIiFAST8 "i"
    #define PRIoFAST8 "o"
    #define PRIuFAST8 "u"
    #define PRIxFAST8 "x"
    #define PRIXFAST8 "X"

• Hello,

I have a similar issue with Sensebender Ethernet MQTT Gateway and MYSController. Can only connect to the gateway by serial from MYSController. The set-up is working correctly as best I can tell, and has several different MySensors in use. Has been working for a number of years. Only just discovered the MYSController software.

So the Controller only shows data in the MYSController Debug tab. Nothing in any of the others. NOTE in the screen grab below the Controller at 192.168.1.96 is not connected, there is no difference when it is other than the Gateway error (!GWT:RMQ:FAIL) is not shown. Anyone with any ides for me to pursue? Thanks.

62831d75-2036-447f-adee-1e8657841bd4-image.png

As previously noted, Sensebender Gateway sketch from 2.3.2 with MySensors SAMD Boards 1.0.6 does not compile with Arduino SAMD Boards 1.8.9. Rolling back to Arduino SAMD Boards 1.8.8 or earlier version works.

• Does anyone have an idea about the sensebender gateway board not being recognised in windows 11? A new driver maybe or any other clues ?

• Admin

Unfortunately I do not have any hardware compatible with win11, so can't test myself.. But if I remember right it should turn up as a generic cdc device..

Is there any info in the windows device manager?

• @tbowmo

Nothing new appears in device manager or the usual ding.

• Admin

@Yoshu Does the same device work on another machine, running win10 / linux?

• I have not had the opportunity to try another machine yet. unfortunately I had only just given into the windows 11 upgrade messages days before deciding to set up my gateway.

• Admin

@Yoshu you could boot linux off a usb, and check there..

• Sensebender ethernet gateway success with help.

Was unable to connect sensebender to Windows 11.

Using a suggesetions and assistance by tbowmo
    (you could boot linux off a usb, and check there..)

I used an old rasberry pi with Arduino ide to connect and load the sketch, loaded
    Mysensors SAMD and Arduino SAMD board profiles, inital compile errors (clinent.h) but recified this with the help of comments by
    bjornhallberg (Sensebender Gateway sketch from 2.3.2 with MySensors SAMD Boards 1.0.6 does not compile with Arduino SAMD Boards 1.8.9. Rolling back to Arduino SAMD Boards 1.8.8).

Used the standard ethernet gateway sketch that I am using with my unsecured nano ethernet gateway. Only changed the ip address and #define MY_RF24_CHANNEL to another channel for this second gateway.

I have not setup signing yet, but that is my intention for my sensebender gateway now the basics are working.

• Banned

I'll update the PDF once I get to my own computer (which should be Sunday evening)

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics