Home Assistant v 0.11.1 with switch support

• Plugin Developer

Hi!

Version 0.11 of home assisstant is now released with included mysensors switch support for serial gateway. Right now switches will change state optimistically, without waiting for reply from actuator. I'll add support for feedback state soon. Let me know of any problems.

I've also refactored the component so it will be easy to add new platforms, light, binary sensor, lock etc. I'm hoping to have time to do so soon. Another new feature is multiple serial gateways connected at the same time.

Edit:

You have to update your config if already using mysensors in home assistant. It should now look like this, for two gateways:

mysensors:
      gateways:
        - port: '/dev/ttyUSB0'
          persistence_file: 'path/mysensors.json'
        - port: '/dev/ttyACM1'
          persistence_file: 'path/mysensors2.json'
      debug: true
      persistence: true
      version: '1.5'

You can see that it's not a sensor platform config anymore. The available platforms will be setup automatically from the component.

Update: Bugfix release 0.11.1 is now released. Version 0.11 was missing the binary sensors. That has now been fixed in 0.11.1.

• Thank you! Please let me know if this new release is development or not, because I am looking every day on HA site for update (mostly for solving the delay for group switches) and there are no news about 0.11.

• Plugin Developer

@Mihai

I don't think they've had the time to do a blog post yet. But it will probably happen very soon. The release is available both on pypi and github though. You should be able to do:

pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant

Then restart homeassistant.

• Thank you, it works fine now. My main problem was related to the mqtt version: it must be 3.1.1, while linux default is an old version capable only 3.1.

• Hi,
    I installed Home-assistant and Setup a MySensor SerialGateWay + MySensor Switch.
    Yet when I start HA It shows this Error:

16-01-18 17:27:38 homeassistant.components.mysensors: Missing required configuration items in mysensors: gateways
    16-01-18 17:27:38 homeassistant.bootstrap: component mysensors failed to initialize```

Config:

mysensors 1:
      gateways:
          persistence_file: 'hass_log/mysensors.json'

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

Hi!

You should only have one mysensors domain, so remove the "1" after "mysensors" in your config:

mysensors:
      gateways:
          persistence_file: 'hass_log/mysensors.json'

• @martinhjelmare
    Thank you!
    Seems to Load now 🙂
    I disabled persistence because I did not seem to need it right now.
    I am getting the following log when I Push the Wireless Button, it seems to work.
    But I dont see any now nodes / Sensor on the Dashboard. Did I forget something?

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=3,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:1
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update sensor_update: node 1
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 1
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=3,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:0

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

This indicates that the gateway hasn't received all presentation messages from node 1. It's missing sketch name for this node.

If you disable persistence you have to restart your nodes each time you restart home assistant, to resend the presentation messages.

• @martinhjelmare
    Got that worked out, changed the Name in the Persistence File that HA created! 👍
    But it still does not show up.
    HA Log:

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=3,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:1
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=3,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:0

Persistence File:

{"1": {"sketch_version": null, "children": {"3": {"type": 0, "values": {"16": "0"}, "id": 3}}, "sketch_name": "testgateway", "battery_level": 0, "sensor_id": 1, "type": 17}}

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

I can't see anything obviously wrong with the persistence file, except for sketch version being null, although that is not used by HA. Try changing that to "1.0" and restart.

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

Btw, your values are setup for a door sensor and not a switch. Maybe that was your intention?

• @martinhjelmare
    I Changed the Version, yet there is nothing added to the dashboard.
    I used the sample BinarySwitch example sketch of MYS. The Sensor Arduino has a button connected to Pin 3.
    I'm relativly new here so maybe I missed something. And I don't know what Values you mean.

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

Can you post your sketch and the complete log of HA after start? You can censor any sensitive info.

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

A clarification: In home assistant a switch is something you can turn on/off from home assistant, an actuator. The BinarySwitch example in mysensors examples is something you turn on/off by the node, a sensor.

It should work anyhow, but I was a bit confused at first. 😃

• The Whole log is:
    screenlog.txt
    The Sketch is:
    BinarySwitchSensor.ino
    The Sketch was not modified and should be the same as the one of the MYS download Page.

Do I maybe have to add anything to my config.yaml besides the plattform thing?

• Plugin Developer

Unfortunately, I've realized this is a bug caused by me. There will be a bugfix release soon, so I hope we can have a fix for this in there. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Right now the binary sensors are missing in the sensor platform. I think it's due to me planning to do a binary sensor platform, but then changing my mind, and posponing that. Again sorry!
    😧

• Alright then, I started to feel a bit dumb 😄
    If you need any help let me know!
    Thank you for looking into the issue 👍

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

Thanks for testing and reporting the problem. All feedback is very welcome and important, cause even though I try to test most scenarios, it's easy to miss something. In this case, though, I feel a bit embarrassed. 😳

I've submitted a tested pull request which fixes this, and it has already been merged. Hopefully the bugfix release will be live very soon.

• Plugin Developer

Update: Bugfix release 0.11.1 is now out.

• Nice!
    Thank you, I installed it, works like a charm!
    Going to try a HA switch tomorrow!
    Are 1-Wire Components like AM2301 Temp-Sensor already supported?

• Plugin Developer

I'm not sure that the library provided with mysensors supports DHT21 (AM2301). The readme for DHT library only mentions "DHT11 and DHT22, AM2302, RHT03".

But I found this post, where the adafruit library is used together with mysensors:
    http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/841/solar-powered-mini-weather-station/53

As long as you get your temp/hum sensors going with the correct library there shouldn't be a problem of presenting them as mysensors sensors to home assistant.

• Well I will look into, thank you!

I do not know if this is the right place for further problems, if not tell me.

I tried to remote control a relay today
    I used the official sketch of MYS at https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/blob/master/libraries/MySensors/examples/RelayActuator/RelayActuator.ino

Even though it Looks like they are properly connected, there is no switch appearing on HA-Dashboard.
    Log of the Sensor-Arduino Running RelayActuator.ino:

send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:1.5.1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:0
    read: 0-0-1 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    repeater started, id=1, parent=0, distance=1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:Relay
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:

Log of HA:

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:/dev/ttyUSB0 is open...
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Connected to /dev/ttyUSB0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    INFO:homeassistant.components.sensor:Updating sensor entities
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.1
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-1-1 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:M
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:Relay
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0:1.0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:homeassistant.components.device_tracker.nmap_tracker:Scanning
    INFO:homeassistant.components.device_tracker.nmap_tracker:No MAC address found for 192.168.2.111
    INFO:homeassistant.components.device_tracker.nmap_tracker:nmap scan successful
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.1
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-1-1 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:M
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:Relay
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0:1.0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update sensor_update: node 1```

• Sorry, I forgot to ask, is it implemented yet? 😄
    I just scrambled through the code at HA
    https://github.com/balloob/home-assistant/blob/dev/homeassistant/components/switch/mysensors.py
    and I could not detect the RELAY type. But than again I do not know alot of both of the systems, just guessing.

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

You should send a value from the node child to set initial state also. I think that's what's missing.

Read my post here:
    http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/2388/home-assistant-how-to-recognize-mysensors-nodes/27

• @martinhjelmare
    Would you mind to elaborate a bit more?
    I am not sure how to alter the script.

• Plugin Developer

@mirko314

For example:

MySensor gw;
    MyMessage msgArray[NUMBER_OF_RELAYS];
    for (int sensor=1; sensor<=NUMBER_OF_RELAYS;sensor++) {
        msgArray[sensor-1] = msg(sensor, V_STATUS);
    }

void setup() {
        gw.begin();
        for (int sensor=1; sensor<=NUMBER_OF_RELAYS;sensor++) {
            gw.present(sensor, S_BINARY);
            gw.send(msgArray[sensor-1].set(0));
        }
    }

If you don't need to send any more messages after the setup funtion, ie access the message variables in the array anywhere else, you can move the assigning of the array in the first for loop to the second for loop in the setup function, to avoid code duplication.

You need to send at least one value per child to populate all data structures in home assistant.

Edit: You can actually move the assigning of the array and only have one for loop, inside the setup funtion, anyhow, since the array is initialized separately outside the functions.

• Hi @martinhjelmare

I have installed 0.11.1 and added the lines to configuration.yaml, but my sensors are bit showing in ha itself. The ID of the nodes is being passed to ha in the log, but nothing else. Trying to set to a pir, temp/humid, and relay switches.

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

Please show me the home assistant log. I can't really say anything useful without it.

• Hi @martinhjelmare

here is the output from /home/pi/.homeassistant/home-assistant.log:

6-01-24 15:08:16 netdisco.ssdp: Found malformed XML at http://192.168.86.142:9080: status=ok

This is my configuration.yaml

homeassistant:
      # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
      name: Home
      # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
      latitude: 
      longitude: 
      # C for Celcius, F for Fahrenheit
      temperature_unit: C
      # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
      time_zone: America/Halifax

# Enables the frontend
    frontend:

# Checks for available updates
    updater:

# View all events in a logbook
    logbook:
    # Track the sun
    sun:

# Enables support for tracking state changes over time.
    history:

# Show links to resources in log and frontend
    #introduction:

# Allows you to issue voice commands from the frontend
    conversation:

# Discover some devices automatically
    discovery:

# Webcams
    camera 1:
      platform: mjpeg
      mjpeg_url: http://192.168.86.117:10012/videofeed
      name: LivingRoom Camera
      username: root
      password: groot

# Squeezebox Server
    media_player 1:
      platform: squeezebox
      host: 192.168.86.113
      port: 9090

# MySensors Serial Gateway

mysensors:
      gateways:
          persistence_file: '/home/pi/.homeassistant/mysensors.json'
    #  debug: true

Would it be because my nodes are set for manual ID and not auto?

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

The log file only outputs errors as default. Try starting home assistant from the command line with hass and then copy the output. It should be a lot more than one line.

You should shut down home assistant first if you have it running as a service.

Activate debug first for mysensors though.

• @martinhjelmare

Here is the .log file

16-01-24 15:25:28 mysensors.mysensors: Error decoding message from gateway, probably received bad byte.

And from the SSH console after running hass as instructed

INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.111
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.163
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.108
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state media_player.master_bedroom=off; supported_media_commands=1021, friendly_name=Master Bedroom @ 15:25:41 24-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.master_bedroom>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state media_player.man_cave=off; supported_media_commands=1021, friendly_name=Man Cave @ 15:25:41 24-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.man_cave>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Subscribing to events from <WeMo Switch "CatFan">
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Subscribing to events from <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Resubscribe for <WeMo Switch "CatFan">
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state media_player.living_room=off; supported_media_commands=1021, friendly_name=Living Room @ 15:25:41 24-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.living_room>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state switch.catfan=off; friendly_name=CatFan @ 15:25:41 24-01-2016>, entity_id=switch.catfan>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=unknown; auto=True, entity_id=[], friendly_name=all switches @ 15:25:41 24-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=off; auto=True, entity_id=('switch.catfan',), friendly_name=all switches @ 15:25:41 24-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Resubscribe for <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Switch "CatFan">(192.168.86.108)
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Switch "CatFan">
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state switch.livingroomlamp=off; friendly_name=LivingRoomLamp @ 15:25:42 24-01-2016>, entity_id=switch.livingroomlamp>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=off; auto=True, entity_id=('switch.catfan', 'switch.livingroomlamp'), friendly_name=all switches @ 15:25:42 24-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">(192.168.86.163)
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Subscribing to events from <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Resubscribe for <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state switch.christmas_tree_lights=off; friendly_name=Christmas Tree Lights @ 15:25:42 24-01-2016>, entity_id=switch.christmas_tree_lights>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">(192.168.86.111)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=off; auto=True, entity_id=('switch.christmas_tree_lights', 'switch.catfan', 'switch.livingroomlamp'), friendly_name=all switches @ 15:25:42 24-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">(192.168.86.111)
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.117
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /states HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /static/frontend-1003c31441ec44b3db84b49980f736a7.html HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /static/favicon-192x192.png HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /static/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/bootstrap HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/stream?api_password=no_password_set&restrict=state_changed,component_loaded,service_registered HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player:Updating media_player entities
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/error_log HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=2,c=1,t=16,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:1
    INFO:homeassistant.components.light:Updating light entities
    INFO:homeassistant.components.camera:Updating camera entities
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663560.5128732, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663530.5116684, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.1
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update sensor_update: node 3
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:M
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=2,c=1,t=16,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:1
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=25,sg=0:2 Door bell/chime
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0:1.0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=0,c=0,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=3,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=2,c=0,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /static/frontend-1003c31441ec44b3db84b49980f736a7.html HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /static/favicon-192x192.png HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/stream?api_password=no_password_set&restrict=state_changed,component_loaded,service_registered HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.api:Found broken event stream to 192.168.86.162, cleaning up
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663590.5271018, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663560.5128732, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; next_rising=11:43:05 25-01-2016, elevation=14.76, next_setting=21:15:13 24-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, old_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; next_rising=11:43:05 25-01-2016, elevation=14.88, next_setting=21:15:13 24-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, entity_id=sun.sun>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.api:Found broken event stream to 192.168.86.162, cleaning up
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=0,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:46.5
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=0,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:46.6
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663620.51471, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663590.5271018, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663650.5204854, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453663620.51471, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; next_rising=11:43:05 25-01-2016, elevation=14.63, next_setting=21:15:13 24-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, old_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; next_rising=11:43:05 25-01-2016, elevation=14.76, next_setting=21:15:13 24-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun @ 15:25:24 24-01-2016>, entity_id=sun.sun>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=0,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:46.5

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

Is it node 3 that is missing for you? It seems you're presenting it fine but never send the needed value for the four sensors, 0-3, on the node.

Then you also have node 1 with two sensors 0 and 2 that seems to update, but you haven't posted the beginning of the log where those are presented or loaded from persistence. I'm also missing the gateway started confirmation in the log.

• Hi @martinhjelmare

the file /home/pi/.homeassistant/home-assistant.log has no errors in it, and it's all of my nodes that are missing (1 through 4 and 6), Node 5 isn't online right now.

Is that what you are looking for at the top?

INFO:homeassistant.components.recorder:Closing database
    pi@home-assistant:~/.homeassistant $ clear
    pi@home-assistant:~/.homeassistant $ hass
    Config directory: /home/pi/.homeassistant
    WARNING:homeassistant.bootstrap:Colorlog package not found, console coloring disabled
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.bootstrap:Home Assistant core initialized
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded mysensors from homeassistant.components.mysensors
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player from homeassistant.components.media_player
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded sun from homeassistant.components.sun
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded updater from homeassistant.components.updater
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded discovery from homeassistant.components.discovery
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded conversation from homeassistant.components.conversation
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded frontend from homeassistant.components.frontend
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded api from homeassistant.components.api
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded http from homeassistant.components.http
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded logbook from homeassistant.components.logbook
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded recorder from homeassistant.components.recorder
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded history from homeassistant.components.history
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded camera from homeassistant.components.camera
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=recorder>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded sensor from homeassistant.components.sensor
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=sensor>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=mysensors.sensors, discovered=>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch from homeassistant.components.switch
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=switch, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded sensor.mysensors from homeassistant.components.sensor.mysensors
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=switch, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=switch>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=mysensors.switches, discovered=>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=mysensors>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.mysensors from homeassistant.components.switch.mysensors
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.squeezebox from homeassistant.components.media_player.squeezebox
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state media_player.airspeaker=off; friendly_name=AirSpeaker, supported_media_commands=447 @ 17:05:03 24-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.airspeaker>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_play>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_down>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_play_pause>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_pause>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_up>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_previous_track>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=play_media>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_next_track>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_set>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_mute>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_seek>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=start_fireplace>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=start_epic_sax>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=play_youtube_video>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=play_media>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=media_player>
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): maps.googleapis.com
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; next_setting=21:15:13 24-01-2016, next_rising=11:43:05 25-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun, elevation=1.17 @ 17:05:03 24-01-2016>, entity_id=sun.sun>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=sun>
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTPS connection (1): pypi.python.org
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=updater>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=discovery>
    /home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/fuzzywuzzy/fuzz.py:33: UserWarning: Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
      warnings.warn('Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=conversation, service=process>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=conversation>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=http>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=api>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=frontend>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=logbook>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=history>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded camera.mjpeg from homeassistant.components.camera.mjpeg
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera, entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453669504.2007444 @ 17:05:04 24-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Starting Home Assistant (17 threads)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event homeassistant_start[L]>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=stop>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Trying to connect to /dev/ttyUSB0
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Timer:starting
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:Starting web interface at http://0.0.0.0:8123
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update persistence: node 2
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 2
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 2
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update persistence: node 3
    INFO:netdisco.service:Scanning
    WARNING:mysensors.mysensors:Error decoding message from gateway, probably received bad byte.
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.4
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.1
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.113
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.101
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.142
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.199
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.102
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: DLNA http://192.168.86.4:32469/DeviceDescription.xml
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: DLNA http://192.168.86.113:9000/plugins/UPnP/MediaServer.xml
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.101', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=google_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.101', 8009)>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.102', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.cast from homeassistant.components.media_player.cast
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=google_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.102', 8009)>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('Christmas Tree Lights', 'Insight', 'http://192.168.86.111:49153/setup.xml', '94103E395F2C')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belkin_wemo, discovered=('Christmas Tree Lights', 'Insight', 'http://192.168.86.111:49153/setup.xml', '94103E395F2C')>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('CatFan', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30CDBC')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belkin_wemo, discovered=('CatFan', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30CDBC')>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('LivingRoomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30C688')
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.wemo from homeassistant.components.switch.wemo
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belkin_wemo, discovered=('LivingRoomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30C688')>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.wemo from homeassistant.components.switch.wemo
    ERROR:homeassistant.components.switch:Error while setting up platform wemo
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 145, in _setup_platform
        self.hass, platform_config, self.add_entities, discovery_info)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/wemo.py", line 25, in setup_platform
        import pywemo.discovery as discovery
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'discovery'
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 145, in _setup_platform
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/wemo.py", line 25, in setup_platform
    INFO:pychromecast:Querying device status
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state media_player.man_cave=off; friendly_name=Man Cave, supported_media_commands=1021 @ 17:05:19 24-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.man_cave>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state media_player.master_bedroom=off; friendly_name=Master Bedroom, supported_media_commands=1021 @ 17:05:19 24-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.master_bedroom>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: plex_mediaserver ('Rocknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=plex_mediaserver, discovered=('Rocknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400')>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: philips_hue ('Philips hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/')
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.plex from homeassistant.components.media_player.plex
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded light from homeassistant.components.light
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=light, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=light, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=light>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=philips_hue, discovered=('Philips hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/')>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded light.hue from homeassistant.components.light.hue
    INFO:phue:Attempting to connect to the bridge...
    INFO:phue:Using ip: 192.168.86.199
    INFO:phue:Using username from config: 30f609e6210320e41f0dfc32220a525f
    Exception in thread Thread-25:
      File "/usr/lib/python3.4/threading.py", line 920, in _bootstrap_inner
        self.run()
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/zeroconf.py", line 1063, in run
        handler(self.zc)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/zeroconf.py", line 1014, in <lambda>
        state_change=state_change,
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/zeroconf.py", line 931, in fire
        h(**kwargs)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/zeroconf.py", line 989, in on_change
        listener.add_service(*args)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/netdisco/discoverables/__init__.py", line 84, in add_service
        service = zconf.get_service_info(typ, name)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/zeroconf.py", line 1404, in get_service_info
        if info.request(self, timeout):
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/zeroconf.py", line 1221, in request
        zc.send(out)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/zeroconf.py", line 1663, in send
        bytes_sent = s.sendto(packet, 0, (addr, port))
    OSError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

INFO:plexapi:GET http://192.168.86.4:32400/
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_1=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 1 @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_2=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 2 @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_2>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.aprils_lamp=off; friendly_name=April's lamp @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.aprils_lamp>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.living_room_light_1=off; friendly_name=Living room light 1 @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_light_strip=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom light strip @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_light_strip>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.living_room_light_2=off; friendly_name=Living room light 2 @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_2>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player.plex:Connected to: htts://192.168.86.4:32400
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_3=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 3 @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_3>
    INFO:plexapi:GET http://192.168.86.4:32400/clients
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_lights=unknown; entity_id=[], friendly_name=all lights, auto=True @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_lights>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_lights=off; entity_id=('light.living_room_light_1', 'light.living_room_light_2', 'light.master_bedroom_3', 'light.master_bedroom_2', 'light.master_bedroom_1', 'light.master_bedroom_light_strip', 'light.aprils_lamp'), friendly_name=all lights, auto=True @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_lights>
    INFO:plexapi:GET http://192.168.86.4:32400/status/sessions
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera, entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453669530.5242217 @ 17:05:04 24-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera, entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453669504.2007444 @ 17:05:04 24-01-2016>>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; next_setting=21:15:13 24-01-2016, next_rising=11:43:05 25-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun, elevation=1.1 @ 17:05:03 24-01-2016>, entity_id=sun.sun, old_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; next_setting=21:15:13 24-01-2016, next_rising=11:43:05 25-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun, elevation=1.17 @ 17:05:03 24-01-2016>>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.1
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-3-3 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:M
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=25,sg=0:2 Door bell/chime
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0:1.0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=0,c=0,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=3,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 3-3-0 s=2,c=0,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=homeassistant, entity_id=light.living_room_light_1, service_call_id=1981876976-1, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded group from homeassistant.components.group
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=light, entity_id=['light.living_room_light_1'], service_call_id=1981876976-2, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.living_room_light_1=on; brightness=254, friendly_name=Living room light 1 @ 17:05:47 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_1, old_state=<state light.living_room_light_1=off; friendly_name=Living room light 1 @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=1981876976-2>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_lights=on; entity_id=('light.living_room_light_1', 'light.living_room_light_2', 'light.master_bedroom_3', 'light.master_bedroom_2', 'light.master_bedroom_1', 'light.master_bedroom_light_strip', 'light.aprils_lamp'), friendly_name=all lights, auto=True @ 17:05:47 24-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_lights, old_state=<state group.all_lights=off; entity_id=('light.living_room_light_1', 'light.living_room_light_2', 'light.master_bedroom_3', 'light.master_bedroom_2', 'light.master_bedroom_1', 'light.master_bedroom_light_strip', 'light.aprils_lamp'), friendly_name=all lights, auto=True @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=1981876976-1>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"POST /api/services/homeassistant/turn_on HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/history/period?filter_entity_id=light.living_room_light_2 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=homeassistant, entity_id=light.living_room_light_2, service_call_id=1981876976-3, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=light, entity_id=['light.living_room_light_2'], service_call_id=1981876976-4, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.living_room_light_2=on; brightness=254, friendly_name=Living room light 2 @ 17:05:49 24-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_2, old_state=<state light.living_room_light_2=off; friendly_name=Living room light 2 @ 17:05:20 24-01-2016>>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=1981876976-4>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=1981876976-3>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"POST /api/services/homeassistant/turn_on HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/history/period?filter_entity_id=light.living_room_light_1 HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera, entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453669560.5092123 @ 17:05:04 24-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera, entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453669530.5242217 @ 17:05:04 24-01-2016>>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /devInfo HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    ^CINFO:homeassistant.core:Stopping
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event homeassistant_stop[L]>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Disconnecting from /dev/ttyUSB0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Stopping thread
    pi@home-assistant:~/.homeassistant $

• I'm still trying to get this to work, with mixed results. Noticed on startup sometimes that HA was starting before my Serial port was initialized. Added a .timer file to delay the start of HA until the Pi is fully booted. Still having problems, but now i'm getting this in the HA logs:

16-01-24 18:37:40 homeassistant.core: BusHandler:Exception doing job
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 829, in job_handler
        func(arg)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 302, in onetime_listener
        listener(event)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/mysensors.py", line 104, in gw_start
        gateway.event_callback('persistence', node_id)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/mysensors.py", line 226, in node_update
        callback(self, node_id)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/mysensors.py", line 165, in mysensors_callback
        add_devices(devices[node_id])
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 81, in add_entities
        entity.update_ha_state()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 108, in update_ha_state
        self.unit_of_measurement is not None:
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/mysensors.py", line 137, in unit_of_measurement
        self.value_type == self.gateway.const.SetReq.V_PERCENTAGE or \
      File "/usr/lib/python3.4/enum.py", line 255, in __getattr__
        raise AttributeError(name) from None
    AttributeError: V_PERCENTAGE
    16-01-24 18:37:43 mysensors.mysensors: Error decoding message from gateway, probably received bad byte.

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

I think you need to delete the persistence file and start over and present your sensors. You should do this while looking at the output from hass so you get feedback if it's working or not.

From the top of your log output there was a warning about bad byte from the gateway. The gateway started confirmation was never logged. You should see this before you start your sensors. If you don't get the gateway confirmation, try restarting home assistant.

Also in the log, the persistence file loaded sensor 2 and 3, but some data was missing, probably. There was a note about missing sketch name for one of the sensors.

You need to present the sensors properly, including sketch name and then send one value per sensor before they show up in the gui.

• Hey @drock1985 , would you please update the thread if you are able to work around this ? I am experiencing something similar after my latest upgrade: None of the sensors appear in the UI. I have disabled persistence and removed the json files, and presented the nodes again, but still nothing appears. In debug mode I can see the messages from the Humidity sensor, for instance, but that's all.

• Hi @asm and @martinhjelmare

Still having issues after multiple restarts and two different nano's and NRF radios. I am like you, can see the messages but whatever I try I can't get rid of the bad byte error in the beginning.

Going to try a uno next and see if that changes anything.

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

What version of pyserial do you have installed?

pip show pyserial

Try version 2.5, which has been the least buggy for me.

pip3 install pyserial==2.5

pip show will not output anything if you have version 2.5 of pyserial installed.

• @martinhjelmare said:

pip3 install pyserial==2.5

I have 2.7 installed right now; installing 2.5 and i'll reboot and see what happens.

• Hi @martinhjelmare

I have installed pyserial2.5, but I still get errors. This is the latest when using an Arduino Uno (not genuine, but pretty close) and I do not see the unexpected byte messages anymore. Still not getting anything to show though.

hass
    WARNING:homeassistant.bootstrap:Colorlog package not found, console coloring dis                                                             abled
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeas                                                             sistant, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeas                                                             sistant, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded recorder from homeassistant.components.recorder
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded discovery from homeassistant.components.discove                                                             ry
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded frontend from homeassistant.components.frontend
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded mysensors from homeassistant.components.mysenso                                                             rs
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded conversation from homeassistant.components.conv                                                             ersation
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player from homeassistant.components.medi                                                             a_player
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=recor                                                             der>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=http>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=logbo                                                             ok>
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): maps.googleapis.co                                                             m
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state s                                                             un.sun=below_horizon; elevation=-12.86, next_setting=21:17:57 26-01-2016, friend                                                             ly_name=Sun, next_rising=11:42:09 26-01-2016 @ 18:28:34 25-01-2016>, entity_id=s                                                             un.sun>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=updat                                                             er>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=disco                                                             very>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded camera.mjpeg from homeassistant.components.came                                                             ra.mjpeg
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state c                                                             amera.livingroom_camera=idle; friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera, entity_picture=/a                                                             pi/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453760914.813284 @ 18:28:34 25-01                                                             -2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=camer                                                             a>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=front                                                             end>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=histo                                                             ry>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:File does not exist or is not readable: /home/pi/.homea                                                             ssistant/mysensors1.pickle
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=senso                                                             r>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=myse                                                             nsors.sensors, discovered=>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded sensor.mysensors from homeassistant.components.                                                             sensor.mysensors
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=switch                                                             , service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=switch                                                             , service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=switc                                                             h>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=myse                                                             nsors.switches, discovered=>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=mysen                                                             sors>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.mysensors from homeassistant.components.                                                             switch.mysensors
    /home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/fuzzywuzzy/fuzz.py:33: UserWarning: Using slow pure-                                                             python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
      warnings.warn('Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levensht                                                             ein to remove this warning')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=conver                                                             sation, service=process>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=conve                                                             rsation>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.squeezebox from homeassistant.comp                                                             onents.media_player.squeezebox
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state m                                                             edia_player.airspeaker=off; friendly_name=AirSpeaker, supported_media_commands=4                                                             47 @ 18:28:35 25-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.airspeaker>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=media_next_track>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=media_play>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=volume_up>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=media_pause>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=volume_down>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=media_play_pause>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=play_media>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=media_previous_track>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=volume_set>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=volume_mute>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=media_seek>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=start_fireplace>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=start_epic_sax>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=play_youtube_video>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_                                                             player, service=play_media>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=media                                                             _player>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeas                                                             sistant, service=stop>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:Starting web interface at http://0.0.0.0:8123
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/stream?api_password=no_password_set                                                             &restrict=state_changed,component_loaded,service_registered HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    Exception in thread Thread-14:
      File "/usr/lib/python3.4/threading.py", line 920, in _bootstrap_inner
        self.run()
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 312, in run
        response = self.handle_queue()
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 222, in handle                                                             _queue
        reply = func(*args, **kwargs)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 105, in logic
        msg = Message(data)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 397, in __init                                                             __
        self.decode(data)
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 417, in decode
        self.sub_type) = [int(f) for f in data]
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 417, in <listc                                                             omp>
        self.sub_type) = [int(f) for f in data]
    ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0                                                             0\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0                                                             0\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0                                                             0\x00\x00\x0

INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: philips_hue ('Philips                                                              hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=light,                                                              service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=light,                                                              service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=light                                                             >
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=phil                                                             ips_hue, discovered=('Philips hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/'                                                             )>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('CatFan'                                                             , 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30CDBC')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belk                                                             in_wemo, discovered=('CatFan', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml'                                                             , '94103E30CDBC')>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('LivingR                                                             oomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30C688')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belk                                                             in_wemo, discovered=('LivingRoomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/se                                                             tup.xml', '94103E30C688')>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: DLNA http://192.168.8                                                             6.113:9000/plugins/UPnP/MediaServer.xml
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: DLNA http://192.168.8                                                             6.4:32469/DeviceDescription.xml
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded light.hue from homeassistant.components.light.h                                                             ue
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.wemo from homeassistant.components.switc                                                             h.wemo
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.wemo from homeassistant.components.switc                                                             h.wemo
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state l                                                             ight.aprils_lamp=off; friendly_name=April's lamp @ 18:28:50 25-01-2016>, entity_                                                             id=light.aprils_lamp>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state l                                                             ight.master_bedroom_3=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 3 @ 18:28:50 25-01-2016>                                                             , entity_id=light.master_bedroom_3>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state l                                                             ight.master_bedroom_2=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 2 @ 18:28:50 25-01-2016>                                                             , entity_id=light.master_bedroom_2>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state l                                                             ight.living_room_light_2=on; brightness=254, friendly_name=Living room light 2 @                                                              18:28:50 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_2>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state l                                                             ight.master_bedroom_1=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 1 @ 18:28:50 25-01-2016>                                                             , entity_id=light.master_bedroom_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state l                                                             ight.living_room_light_1=on; brightness=254, friendly_name=Living room light 1 @                                                              18:28:50 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state l                                                             ight.master_bedroom_light_strip=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom light strip @                                                              18:28:50 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_light_strip>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state g                                                             roup.all_lights=unknown; friendly_name=all lights, entity_id=[], auto=True @ 18:                                                             28:50 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_lights>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state g                                                             roup.all_lights=on; friendly_name=all lights, entity_id=('light.living_room_ligh                                                             t_1', 'light.aprils_lamp', 'light.master_bedroom_light_strip', 'light.living_roo                                                             m_light_2', 'light.master_bedroom_1', 'light.master_bedroom_2', 'light.master_be                                                             droom_3'), auto=True @ 18:28:50 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_lights>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Listening on port 8989
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: plex_mediaserver ('Ro                                                             cknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=plex                                                             _mediaserver, discovered=('Rocknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400')>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168                                                             .86.101', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.plex from homeassistant.components                                                             .media_player.plex
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=goog                                                             le_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.101', 8009)>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168                                                             .86.142', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=goog                                                             le_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.142', 8009)>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168                                                             .86.102', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=goog                                                             le_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.102', 8009)>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.cast from homeassistant.components                                                             .media_player.cast
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.cast from homeassistant.components                                                             .media_player.cast
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state s                                                             witch.catfan=off; friendly_name=CatFan @ 18:28:51 25-01-2016>, entity_id=switch.                                                             catfan>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Switch "CatFan">(192.168.86.108)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state g                                                             roup.all_switches=unknown; friendly_name=all switches, entity_id=[], auto=True @                                                              18:28:51 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Switch                                                              "CatFan">
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state g                                                             roup.all_switches=off; friendly_name=all switches, entity_id=('switch.catfan',),                                                              auto=True @ 18:28:52 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state s                                                             witch.livingroomlamp=on; friendly_name=LivingRoomLamp @ 18:28:52 25-01-2016>, en                                                             tity_id=switch.livingroomlamp>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">(192.168                                                             .86.163)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state g                                                             roup.all_switches=on; friendly_name=all switches, entity_id=('switch.catfan', 's                                                             witch.livingroomlamp'), auto=True @ 18:28:52 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_sw                                                             itches>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Switch                                                              "LivingRoomLamp">
    INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player.plex:Connected to: htts://192.168.86.                                                             4:32400
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state m                                                             edia_player.man_cave=off; friendly_name=Man Cave, supported_media_commands=1021                                                              @ 18:28:52 25-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.man_cave>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state m                                                             edia_player.master_bedroom=off; friendly_name=Master Bedroom, supported_media_co                                                             mmands=1021 @ 18:28:52 25-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.master_bedroom>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state m                                                             edia_player.living_room=off; friendly_name=Living Room, supported_media_commands                                                             =1021 @ 18:28:53 25-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.living_room>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Shutting down subscriptions.
    pi@home-assistant:~ $

• Ok, here is a better log. I decided to set up a new node, one that would auto get the node_ID to see if there was atleast some communication both ways. There seems to be, as the gateway did assign a node_ID, but it didn't show up in HA on the web at all.

Maybe I need to start HA all over again, just keep the configuration.yaml file?

pi@home-assistant:~/.homeassistant $ hass
    WARNING:homeassistant.bootstrap:Colorlog package not found, console coloring disabled
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded discovery from homeassistant.components.discovery
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player from homeassistant.components.media_player
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded mysensors from homeassistant.components.mysensors
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded conversation from homeassistant.components.conversation
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=recorder>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=logbook>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=history>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=discovery>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded camera.mjpeg from homeassistant.components.camera.mjpeg
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453761305.5420914, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 18:35:05 25-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=camera>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=updater>
    INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): maps.googleapis.com
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sun.sun=below_horizon; friendly_name=Sun, next_rising=11:42:09 26-01-2016, next_setting=21:17:57 26-01-2016, elevation=-14.01 @ 18:35:11 25-01-2016>, entity_id=sun.sun>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=frontend>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.squeezebox from homeassistant.components.media_player.squeezebox
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state media_player.airspeaker=off; supported_media_commands=447, friendly_name=AirSpeaker @ 18:35:11 25-01-2016>, entity_id=media_player.airspeaker>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_play>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_pause>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_up>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_down>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_play_pause>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_next_track>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_previous_track>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_set>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=volume_mute>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=media_seek>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=start_fireplace>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=start_epic_sax>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=media_player, service=play_youtube_video>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=media_player>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:File does not exist or is not readable: /home/pi/.homeassistant/mysensors1.pickle
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=sensor>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=, service=mysensors.sensors>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded sensor.mysensors from homeassistant.components.sensor.mysensors
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=switch, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=switch, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=switch>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=, service=mysensors.switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=mysensors>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.mysensors from homeassistant.components.switch.mysensors
    /home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/fuzzywuzzy/fuzz.py:33: UserWarning: Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
      warnings.warn('Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=conversation, service=process>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=conversation>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=stop>
    WARNING:homeassistant.components.recorder:Found unfinished sessions
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: DLNA http://192.168.86.4:32469/DeviceDescription.xml
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: DLNA http://192.168.86.113:9000/plugins/UPnP/MediaServer.xml
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: plex_mediaserver ('Rocknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('Rocknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400'), service=plex_mediaserver>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.102', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.plex from homeassistant.components.media_player.plex
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('192.168.86.102', 8009), service=google_cast>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.142', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.cast from homeassistant.components.media_player.cast
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('192.168.86.142', 8009), service=google_cast>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.101', 8009)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('192.168.86.101', 8009), service=google_cast>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('Christmas Tree Lights', 'Insight', 'http://192.168.86.111:49153/setup.xml', '94103E395F2C')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('Christmas Tree Lights', 'Insight', 'http://192.168.86.111:49153/setup.xml', '94103E395F2C'), service=belkin_wemo>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('LivingRoomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30C688')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('LivingRoomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30C688'), service=belkin_wemo>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('CatFan', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30CDBC')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('CatFan', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30CDBC'), service=belkin_wemo>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: philips_hue ('Philips hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/')
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=light, service=turn_on>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=light, service=turn_off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=light>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: discovered=('Philips hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/'), service=philips_hue>
    INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded light.hue from homeassistant.components.light.hue
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_1=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 1 @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.aprils_lamp=off; friendly_name=April's lamp @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.aprils_lamp>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_2=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 2 @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_2>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_light_strip=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom light strip @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_light_strip>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player.plex:Connected to: htts://192.168.86.4:32400
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.living_room_light_2=on; brightness=254, friendly_name=Living room light 2 @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_2>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Listening on port 8989
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_3=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 3 @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.master_bedroom_3>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state light.living_room_light_1=on; brightness=254, friendly_name=Living room light 1 @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=light.living_room_light_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_lights=unknown; entity_id=[], auto=True, friendly_name=all lights @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_lights>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_lights=on; entity_id=('light.aprils_lamp', 'light.master_bedroom_1', 'light.living_room_light_1', 'light.living_room_light_2', 'light.master_bedroom_light_strip', 'light.master_bedroom_3', 'light.master_bedroom_2'), auto=True, friendly_name=all lights @ 18:35:27 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_lights>
    ERROR:homeassistant.components.media_player:Error while setting up platform cast
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/cast.py", line 39, in setup_platform
        import pychromecast
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/pychromecast/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
        from . import socket_client
    ImportError: cannot import name 'socket_client'
    ERROR:homeassistant.components.media_player:Error while setting up platform cast
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/cast.py", line 39, in setup_platform
        import pychromecast
      File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/pychromecast/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
        from . import socket_client
    ImportError: cannot import name 'socket_client'
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/cast.py", line 68, in setup_platform
        casts.append(CastDevice(host))
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/cast.py", line 84, in __init__
        import pychromecast.controllers.youtube as youtube
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'controllers'
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state switch.catfan=off; friendly_name=CatFan @ 18:35:29 25-01-2016>, entity_id=switch.catfan>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=unknown; entity_id=[], auto=True, friendly_name=all switches @ 18:35:29 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Switch "CatFan">
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=off; entity_id=('switch.catfan',), auto=True, friendly_name=all switches @ 18:35:29 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Subscribing to events from <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Resubscribe for <WeMo Insight "Christmas Tree Lights">
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state switch.livingroomlamp=on; friendly_name=LivingRoomLamp @ 18:35:29 25-01-2016>, entity_id=switch.livingroomlamp>
    INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">(192.168.86.163)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=on; entity_id=('switch.livingroomlamp', 'switch.catfan'), auto=True, friendly_name=all switches @ 18:35:29 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state switch.christmas_tree_lights=off; friendly_name=Christmas Tree Lights @ 18:35:29 25-01-2016>, entity_id=switch.christmas_tree_lights>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state group.all_switches=on; entity_id=('switch.livingroomlamp', 'switch.christmas_tree_lights', 'switch.catfan'), auto=True, friendly_name=all switches @ 18:35:29 25-01-2016>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453761330.5161493, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 18:35:05 25-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453761305.5420914, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 18:35:05 25-01-2016>>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sun.sun=below_horizon; friendly_name=Sun, next_rising=11:42:09 26-01-2016, next_setting=21:17:57 26-01-2016, elevation=-14.07 @ 18:35:11 25-01-2016>, entity_id=sun.sun, old_state=<state sun.sun=below_horizon; friendly_name=Sun, next_rising=11:42:09 26-01-2016, next_setting=21:17:57 26-01-2016, elevation=-14.01 @ 18:35:11 25-01-2016>>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.1
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=13,sg=0:Motion Sensor
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=1,c=0,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=1,c=1,t=16,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:1
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453761360.5125034, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 18:35:05 25-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera, old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453761330.5161493, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 18:35:05 25-01-2016>>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Shutting down subscriptions.
    pi@home-assistant:~/.homeassistant $

• @drock1985 Interesting ! I restarted a few times too with persistence enabled and at some point the json file gets populated. Another restart and the sensor appears in the UI ...

• Hi @asm

Glad to hear you had some luck. I'm getting closer (i think), getting different errors in the log now. The Motion sensor shows up in terminal, and even identifies it just not in the GUI.

ARG! I bet it is something so small it's not funny anymore!

Jan 25 19:03:23 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTPS connection (1): pypi.python.org
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=updater>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=history>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): maps.googleapis.com
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=sun.sun, new_state=<state sun.sun=below_horizon; elevation=-18.97, next_setting=21:17:57 26-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun, next_rising=11:42:09 26-01-2016 @ 19:03:24 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=sun>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded sensor from homeassistant.components.sensor
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=sensor>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=mysensors.sensors, discovered=>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded sensor.mysensors from homeassistant.components.sensor.mysensors
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch from homeassistant.components.switch
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: service=turn_off, domain=switch>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: service=turn_on, domain=switch>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=switch>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=mysensors.switches, discovered=>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=mysensors>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.mysensors from homeassistant.components.switch.mysensors
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=discovery>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Starting Home Assistant (17 threads)
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event homeassistant_start[L]>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: service=stop, domain=homeassistant>
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.http:Starting web interface at http://0.0.0.0:8123
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Timer:starting
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Trying to connect to /dev/ttyUSB0
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update persistence: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/stream?api_password=no_password_set&restrict=state_changed,component_loaded,service_registered HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:netdisco.service:Scanning
    Jan 25 19:03:24 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"GET /api/bootstrap HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    Jan 25 19:03:27 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:/dev/ttyUSB0 is open...
    Jan 25 19:03:27 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Connected to /dev/ttyUSB0
    Jan 25 19:03:27 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    Jan 25 19:03:30 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player:Updating media_player entities
    Jan 25 19:03:30 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.camera:Updating camera entities
    Jan 25 19:03:30 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453763003.501535, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 19:03:23 25-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera, new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453763010.532438, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 19:03:23 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:30 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state sun.sun=below_horizon; elevation=-18.97, next_setting=21:17:57 26-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun, next_rising=11:42:09 26-01-2016 @ 19:03:24 25-01-2016>, entity_id=sun.sun, new_state=<state sun.sun=below_horizon; elevation=-18.99, next_setting=21:17:57 26-01-2016, friendly_name=Sun, next_rising=11:42:09 26-01-2016 @ 19:03:24 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:37 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.1
    Jan 25 19:03:37 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.101
    Jan 25 19:03:37 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.113
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.142
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.199
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.113
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.102
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.108
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.163
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.111
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.4
    Jan 25 19:03:38 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: DLNA http://192.168.86.113:9000/plugins/UPnP/MediaServer.xml
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: plex_mediaserver ('Rocknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400')
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=plex_mediaserver, discovered=('Rocknet Server', 'https://192.168.86.4:32400')>
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.142', 8009)
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=google_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.142', 8009)>
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.101', 8009)
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=google_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.101', 8009)>
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: google_cast ('192.168.86.102', 8009)
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=google_cast, discovered=('192.168.86.102', 8009)>
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('LivingRoomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30C688')
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belkin_wemo, discovered=('LivingRoomLamp', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.163:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30C688')>
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.plex from homeassistant.components.media_player.plex
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.cast from homeassistant.components.media_player.cast
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded media_player.cast from homeassistant.components.media_player.cast
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('Christmas Tree Lights', 'Insight', 'http://192.168.86.111:49153/setup.xml', '94103E395F2C')
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belkin_wemo, discovered=('Christmas Tree Lights', 'Insight', 'http://192.168.86.111:49153/setup.xml', '94103E395F2C')>
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.wemo from homeassistant.components.switch.wemo
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: belkin_wemo ('CatFan', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30CDBC')
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.wemo from homeassistant.components.switch.wemo
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=belkin_wemo, discovered=('CatFan', 'Socket', 'http://192.168.86.108:49153/setup.xml', '94103E30CDBC')>
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: philips_hue ('Philips hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/')
    Jan 25 19:03:39 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded light from homeassistant.components.light
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: service=turn_on, domain=light>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: service=turn_off, domain=light>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=light>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event platform_discovered[L]: service=philips_hue, discovered=('Philips hue (192.168.86.199)', 'http://192.168.86.199:80/')>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded light.hue from homeassistant.components.light.hue
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:phue:Attempting to connect to the bridge...
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:phue:Using ip: 192.168.86.199
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:phue:Using username from config: 30f609e6210320e41f0dfc32220a525f
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:plexapi:GET http://192.168.86.4:32400/
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.4
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=light.master_bedroom_1, new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_1=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 1 @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=light.master_bedroom_light_strip, new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_light_strip=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom light strip @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=light.master_bedroom_3, new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_3=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 3 @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=light.master_bedroom_2, new_state=<state light.master_bedroom_2=off; friendly_name=Master bedroom 2 @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=light.living_room_light_1, new_state=<state light.living_room_light_1=on; friendly_name=Living room light 1, brightness=254 @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=light.aprils_lamp, new_state=<state light.aprils_lamp=on; friendly_name=April's lamp, brightness=254 @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=light.living_room_light_2, new_state=<state light.living_room_light_2=on; friendly_name=Living room light 2, brightness=254 @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player.plex:Connected to: htts://192.168.86.4:32400
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=group.all_lights, new_state=<state group.all_lights=unknown; entity_id=[], auto=True, friendly_name=all lights @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:plexapi:GET http://192.168.86.4:32400/clients
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=group.all_lights, new_state=<state group.all_lights=on; entity_id=('light.master_bedroom_3', 'light.aprils_lamp', 'light.living_room_light_1', 'light.master_bedroom_1', 'light.master_bedroom_2', 'light.master_bedroom_light_strip', 'light.living_room_light_2'), auto=True, friendly_name=all lights @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.4
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:plexapi:GET http://192.168.86.4:32400/status/sessions
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.163
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: ERROR:homeassistant.components.switch:Error while setting up platform wemo
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: Traceback (most recent call last):
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 145, in _setup_platform
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: self.hass, platform_config, self.add_entities, discovery_info)
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/wemo.py", line 25, in setup_platform
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: import pywemo.discovery as discovery
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'discovery'
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Listening on port 8989
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: ERROR:homeassistant.components.switch:Error while setting up platform wemo
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: Traceback (most recent call last):
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 145, in _setup_platform
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: self.hass, platform_config, self.add_entities, discovery_info)
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/wemo.py", line 25, in setup_platform
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: import pywemo.discovery as discovery
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'discovery'
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.163
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player:Updating media_player entities
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:pychromecast:Querying device status
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:pychromecast:Querying device status
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.102
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.101
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.142
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=1,c=1,t=16,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update sensor_update: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:40 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=media_player.man_cave, new_state=<state media_player.man_cave=off; supported_media_commands=1021, friendly_name=Man Cave @ 19:03:40 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.163
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.163
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=media_player.master_bedroom, new_state=<state media_player.master_bedroom=off; supported_media_commands=1021, friendly_name=Master Bedroom @ 19:03:41 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Subscribing to events from <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Resubscribe for <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:pywemo.subscribe:Received event from <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">(192.168.86.163)
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.switch.wemo:Subscription update for  <WeMo Switch "LivingRoomLamp">
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=switch.livingroomlamp, new_state=<state switch.livingroomlamp=on; friendly_name=LivingRoomLamp @ 19:03:41 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=group.all_switches, new_state=<state group.all_switches=unknown; entity_id=[], auto=True, friendly_name=all switches @ 19:03:41 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=group.all_switches, new_state=<state group.all_switches=on; entity_id=('switch.livingroomlamp',), auto=True, friendly_name=all switches @ 19:03:41 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:41 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=media_player.living_room, new_state=<state media_player.living_room=off; supported_media_commands=1021, friendly_name=Living Room @ 19:03:41 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:03:45 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.117
    Jan 25 19:03:50 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player:Updating media_player entities
    Jan 25 19:03:51 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.1
    Jan 25 19:03:51 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update sensor_update: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:51 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:51 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:51 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    Jan 25 19:03:51 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-1-1 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:M
    Jan 25 19:03:53 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=13,sg=0:Motion Sensor
    Jan 25 19:03:53 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:update sensor_update: node 1
    Jan 25 19:03:53 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:adding new devices: [<Entity Motion Sensor 1.1: >]
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: Exception in thread Thread-15:
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: Traceback (most recent call last):
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/lib/python3.4/threading.py", line 920, in _bootstrap_inner
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: self.run()
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 312, in run
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: response = self.handle_queue()
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 222, in handle_queue
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: reply = func(*args, **kwargs)
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 112, in logic
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: return self._handle_internal(msg)
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 74, in _handle_internal
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: self.alert(msg.node_id)
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/home/pi/.homeassistant/lib/mysensors/mysensors.py", line 175, in alert
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: self.event_callback("sensor_update", nid)
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/mysensors.py", line 226, in node_update
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: callback(self, node_id)
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/mysensors.py", line 165, in mysensors_callback
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: add_devices(devices[node_id])
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 81, in add_entities
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: entity.update_ha_state()
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 108, in update_ha_state
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: self.unit_of_measurement is not None:
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/mysensors.py", line 137, in unit_of_measurement
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: self.value_type == self.gateway.const.SetReq.V_PERCENTAGE or \
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: File "/usr/lib/python3.4/enum.py", line 255, in __getattr__
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: raise AttributeError(name) from None
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: AttributeError: V_PERCENTAGE
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.media_player:Updating media_player entities
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.light:Updating light entities
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.components.camera:Updating camera entities
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453763010.532438, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 19:03:23 25-01-2016>, entity_id=camera.livingroom_camera, new_state=<state camera.livingroom_camera=idle; entity_picture=/api/camera_proxy/camera.livingroom_camera?time=1453763040.5191662, friendly_name=LivingRoom Camera @ 19:03:23 25-01-2016>>
    Jan 25 19:04:00 home-assistant hass[1416]: INFO:urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): 192.168.86.117

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

All the messages logged from the gateway look good in the latest log output without errors. Only thing missing is a log line saying "adding new devices...". There are three main reasons why this doesn't happen when the code executes:

• A device with the same node id is already added.
    • Some node/sensor data is missing in the data stuctures, sketch name, child id, S_TYPE, V_TYPE.
    • The S_TYPE and V_TYPE for the child sensor is not handled by any of the platforms that home assistant supports.

All pure sensors in version 1.5 are currently supported by the sensor platform. The switch platform supports:

S_DOOR,
    S_MOTION,
    S_SMOKE,
    S_LIGHT,
    S_LOCK,
    S_BINARY,
    S_SPRINKLER,
    S_WATER_LEAK,
    S_SOUND,
    S_VIBRATION,
    S_MOISTURE,
    V_ARMED,
    V_LIGHT,
    V_LOCK_STATUS,
    V_STATUS

There's a bug if you don't specify version 1.5 in the config of home assistant. It's related to the V_PERCENTAGE attribute error. I'm fixing that now. But I don't think that's your problem here. My guess is point 1 or 2 above is the problem.

You could try the following:

• Remove any json or pickle persistence files from your config directory.
    • Activate persistence in your config (and set version 1.5).
    • Connect your gateway
    • Start hass
    • Wait for "gateway started" log line
    • Connect the sensor
    • If no errors occur, open the newly generated persistence file and copy/paste the contents here. This might give us more clues.

• Plugin Developer

I'm trying to replicate the problem, and there seem to be some issue with adding devices "on the fly" and not from the persistence file.

A workaround seems to be, as @asm reported:

• Activate persistence
    • Present sensors and send a value per sensor
    • Restart home assistant

I'll try to figure out the cause and make a fix.

• Plugin Developer

Ok, I've found the bug. I'll make the fix and pull request to home assistant. It should make the next release.

Until then the workaround above should be usable, at least.

Make sure you present the sensors and send at least one value per sensor, and the persistence file will be populated. Then after the restart of home assistant your sensors should show in the gui.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for helping me troubleshoot this! I really appreciate all feedback and also any criticism, which in the end will make the controller and plugin better.

• @martinhjelmare thank you !

Yesterday I finally got all the sensors in the UI using the workaround, so now it looks fine, but I'll update when the fix is available.

Thanks again!

• Hi @martinhjelmare and @asm

Confirmed: I have the one node i set for auto-id working now. I had to still add the 1.5 version info to configuration.yaml for it to show properly though - so all lines that are on the Components page of the HA wiki are NEEDED. And the reboot of HA worked after enabling persistence and the v1.5

I'll work with my manually assigned ID's on the weekend - got too many courses/work to do the rest of the week. Thank you both again for your help, it was very much appreciated.

And @martinhjelmare keep up the great work on the addon, loving it. And if any advice, the only thing I wish is there was an option to have an ethernet gateway over the serial.

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985 said:

And @martinhjelmare keep up the great work on the addon, loving it. And if any advice, the only thing I wish is there was an option to have an ethernet gateway over the serial.

I'm not following completely. How do you mean ethernet gateway over serial? I know @Yveaux has made a Perl script to interface serial with mqtt. Is that what you mean?

• @martinhjelmare said:

@drock1985 said:

I'm not following completely. How do you mean ethernet gateway over serial? I know @Yveaux has made a Perl script to interface serial with mqtt. Is that what you mean?

Hi,

I mean that I would rather Home Assistant had an Ethernet Gateway over the Serial one. Don't know why but personally I find the Ethernet Gateway to be more stable/compatible than Serial (that goes for any home automation controller i've tried).

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

Oh, ok. I'm working on an ethernet gateway plugin. Needs some more testing, before I can submit it.

If you want to beta test, I can ping you when its more or less ready?

• Hi @martinhjelmare

I would love to beta test a gateway, no problem. Let me know when you need testing.

Also just a quick general Home-assistant question. Is it possible to rename devices? Not a big deal, but I notice that the sketch name is the default name of the device, and wasn't too sure if HA allows you to give them nick names or the like.

Thanks,

• Plugin Developer

@drock1985

Yes, it's possible to rename devices and also customize icons etc.

See my post here:
    http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/2388/home-assistant-how-to-recognize-mysensors-nodes/64

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics