๐Ÿ’ฌ MyMultisensors

• Very beautiful design and, as usual, so interesting !

• Hardware Contributor

@carlierd thx. and as usual.. you're very kind, plus I like your avatar ;)

• Unfortunately it's not me on the avatar but it's my preferred judo technic ;)

• Hardware Contributor

Very nice looking project! And someone else who loves judo ;)
    Will you upload your schematics? I am working on a similar (although not as integrated) project and perhaps I can learn some things from your board.

• Hardware Contributor

@LastSamurai
    yeah thx, samurai and budo :) On my side, I love Wing Chun kungfu (not wushu!). So Ip Man is one of my favorite movie lol! I practise a little bit JJB and Eskrima too, ; fun is there are cross concepts like triangle and keep/catch the centerline..

Schematic is already uploaded. I was thinking to upload the other files but I would like to test it before someone try and need me for debug (I will have already enough debug on my side...). Do you need something in particular?

• I am more a jujitsuka but not JJB. But due to the small number of hours in a day (only 24 ;) ) I spent most of sport time to run ! I started jujitsu too late (34 years), very difficult with people which started at 5 !!

• Contest Winner

Cool this is the MySensors martial arts corner ;-) I do Tai Chi Chuan and Tai Chi Sword. The latter I started recently but I'm loving it. We learn the complete form but also sword handling and fighting skills.

• Hardware Contributor

@carlierd
    cool :) yep, I miss time too..I'm lucky to have a mookjong near my desk :) so I can make a break when I have a problem in my work! plus our forms don't take lot of place to train, very pratical, when you are in car or waiting somewhere :laughing:

@TheoL
    very cool, I hope you enjoy too :) int vs ext? sticking vs pushing hand? direct vs circular? which one is better? none lol! almost same goals, personal style, and finally the fun is it's like playing chess! So the boards I design are always routed with 45ยฐ or circular route! no right angle route..nonsense ahah! Be like water my friend :blush:

Now, sorry guys, don't laugh, that's embarrassing, I have to stop this (interesting) OT :disappointed: I feel like you I could spend my time to talk about this, sport and wellness...but I shoud try to attract openhardware makers than martialart.com !! So what was I saying??? huum..50 years on coincell?.. :blush:

• @scalz : one question about RFM, why RFM69CW and not HW ? And why the 10k resistor between CS and VCC ?

David.

• Hardware Contributor

@carlierd
    the W not the HW. It's because CW is smaller than the W version. They are software compatible.

For the pullup, it's a good practice to be sure to have the right level on the CS line. you can forgot it sometimes, but sometimes not having it on each cs line can be source of useless trouble..

• First time I see this resistor ! Will add it in my design. But I need to learn more information on the SPI first.

David.

• Hardware Contributor

@carlierd
    yes I know..and sure the cs line can be output=high in the setup sketch part...
    briefly for spi, you have: mosi (data output of master/mcu), miso (data input), sck (clock sync). and the CS line is active low when you want to select the chip.
    So if for any reason, the CS line is in an unknown state (for instance when mcu reset or other case..), that could give some strange working. And again more trouble, if you have other chip sharing the same spi bus, and no pullup on each CS to give a nice voltage level and choose the right chip..

Here a nice article: http://www.dorkbotpdx.org/blog/paul/better_spi_bus_design_in_3_steps

• Merci pour le lien ! Trรจs instructif !

@scalz said:

http://www.dorkbotpdx.org/blog/paul/better_spi_bus_design_in_3_steps

• Will the board be possible to buy assembled?

• Hardware Contributor

yep, it's planned. I will try to make this option possible.
    sorry for delay, I have lot of other things in progress. but it should not take too much time before I give more news.

• Hardware Contributor

I am very happy because the pir circuit trigger very well, I'm rather impressed. Yeah :smiley:
    so far, very few tests because I was playing with software on other things but I've tested two different lens as the pir sensor range is mostly dependant of the lens.

I will give more results. I'm working on it today ;) I need to boost..tonight no work! it's champions league final :smile:

• Hardware Contributor

and the interesting thing is power consumption (pir circuit only) : 1.8uA in sleep mode, 2.5uA active, promising :)

• Hardware Contributor

still working nice for the moment :) I have modified my schematic a bit, removed few useless things, and improved others for power consumption and a bit of miniaturization ;)

I am working on the software too. to improve power consumption during blindtime etc.

@hek
    I'm using pinchange in my sketch, for few pins. Actually it's raw, I did it with raw registers too, but that's not user friendly and I have already seen this question. I'm looking to make it mysensors now. I am using the EnableInterrupt lib.
    So if I use the lib with mysensors I get an error "multiple definition of `__vector_2' ". I see that comes from myHwATmega328 part, from "attachinterrupt".

What do you think about this:

• a special define like MYS_USE_EXTINT.
    • If defined, in myHwATmega328, in the sleep methods we use the EnableInt lib instead of arduino attachinterrupt
    • keep the isr routines for int0 and 1 handled as it is
    • and for the others isr, in the main sketch so user/I could do what I want in my irq.
      something like this in sketch then,
      enableInterrupt(PIR_INT_PINH, irq_pirh, RISING);
      enableInterrupt(PIR_INT_PINL, irq_pirl, RISING); 

It's roughly explained :) Is it planned or done? Which way do you prefer??

• Hardware Contributor

Hi.

so it's still a wip but I'm getting close of what I want :)
    because using a coincell (without regul) is more tricky. due to internal res of coin cell ;)

An example, the PIR circuit was working nice in standalone (without nothing around, it uses 1.6uA in trigger or not). As soon as I added the atmel chip (and nothing more, no radio at all, no i2c..). Bingo, nice to meet you false triggers!!
    This was the coincell which was making me a joke lol As soon as atmel woke up I got a cycling false trigger yeah. In fact having atmel internal 8mhz is enough power hungry to make a nice voltage drop and the pir trigger.
    So I solved it in sketch, and a bit of hardware too ;)

I am curious to know if others people playing with coincell will have long lifetime without some optimizations (hardware and software..).

So now, the actual state for me this week end, is to connect radio and play again. And add some stuff about listenmode and atc to improve overall..

About my previous post about external int, no more problem, I am using raw registers for external int and sleep function. because I need some custom things. Plus, the more libs and features, the less mem I have and I have not so much space...I will need to disable some debugs lol if I want all my sensors, signing, rfm69 with new mode etc..

I'm not really surprised, I was expecting a bit this behaviour, that's why I said this would be a nice sketch challenge :)

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.