@sindrome73 said in Case for mini weather station:
This could be for you: https://it.aliexpress.com/item/plastic-outer-shield-for-thermo-hygro-sensor-spare-part-for-weather-station-Transmitter-thermo-hygro-sensor/32793243933.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.f3dWg7
Found this one to but the shipping costs to the netherlands are extreem high
@soloam OK, so in the end this seems to be a problem related to that particular controller software. Imo it would be better to address this issue by enhancing the controller software towards a more constant handling of added infos from user side like renaming devices rather than using the limited space on the mcu to store info not needed by other controllers.
Still need to do some setup and sorting of things, but here are some pics of my newly remodeled workshop area.
I really need to get rid of that old Leader analog scope and get myself a DSO. It is a conversation piece though. I have it connected to my old heathkit square/sine wave audio function generator. Does anyone have a recommendation on a cheaper DSO that would be good for microcontroller work?
So I tried printing the cover for this with my original design using Cura as my slicer, and I couldn't get the logo to print right, plus the text under the LEDs was a bit too small. I then modified the design a bit and made the logo and text a bit bigger. I again tried printing it using Cura, but the logo still was missing some lines in the body. I then thought that part of the problem was the slicer I was using, so I tried it using Slic3r and I have to say, the logo came out MUCH better.
I ended up losing the Y in "My" Sensors and the ending "t" in "Transmit", but I am going to use the case the way I currently have it. Now I just have to assemble the new gateway. I am planning on making a whole new gateway and trying out the new 2.2.0 library. Hopefully my older 2.0.0 nodes will not have any issues with it, but that is why I plan on keeping my pro mini from my 2.0.0 gateway so I can revert back to that if I have to.
@gohan What do you mean? The rPi or the Esp?
For the rPi I first used a NRF24 pa lna getting power from the 5v line with a voltage regulator (ams1117 based)
Then I thought could be problems with this radio or supply and ditched it for a normal NRF24. With identical behavior. Sometimes works for a week or a couple of them or I have to restart the whole Pi several times a day only for being able to go out of home.
When I first implemented the rPiGw worked for weeks. Then the problem appeared. then vanished and was working for months until some point that became worse.
I even thought that my wifi hotspot could be dying and changed it for a unify-pro (nice gadget)
I live in a house far from others, so wifi interference seems not an issue.
I run the Pi from a readonly sd for boot partition and then uses an usb drive for the system+controller. logs on tmpfs.
I was fastly implementing it in my home, but as this problems arose, I only have the power monitor node, the garaje door node and a doorbell that is offline because suspiciously started to eat batteries two months ago.
I'm in Domoticz beta.
For the esp gw it's just a nodemcu board on a breadboard paired to a normal nrf24.
Edit: Ups! mysensors versions are all 2.2.0. The arduinos are all 3v3 8mhz boards and one 5v (power)
Good news! This guy has identified what may be the ultimate stepper motor driver for CNC:
Precision motion control: ODrive Servo? Trinamic Stepper? Chinese Hybrid? – 11:38— Marco Reps
And he says that by pairing it with your own mosfets, you can send up to 20amps to your stepper motor. Taken altogether, this sounds like a really good setup to me.
I assume that with this gear you can just tell the motor to go at maximum speed all the time and let it decide (through monitoring) what that speed should be. No more underperformance or endless tuning of parameters.
Perhaps using a different microcontroller could also be an option?
I'm personally not to deep in these things, so this might be completely wrong, but at first sight I'd try to get this working with a STM32F1 board. Seems that using them in conjunction with direct access to the ADC might speed up things, see http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?title=API#Reading_from_.26_Writing_to_pins as a short reference.
And using MySensors with STM32F1 seems to be used by several users here.
I did some development but it has been "on ice" for over a year. The idea was to offer something running in the "cloud" for quick testing and sharing sensor readings with friends and family. But (as always) it quickly grow out of proportion (storing historic data, dashboards, mail triggers etc) and I realised other projects does this much better. I.e. a hosted NodeRED would do the trick (e.g. https://fred.sensetecnic.com/).
Another issue would also be how to handle the hosting cost for the service (which would require a few more cpu cycles and storage than the current site).
Not sure what will happen with the code, it was pretty tied to the main site with users etc. Maybe I will pick up the work some rainy day.